LFG for a long time isn't fun.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vinyard, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Rotherian Well-Known Member

If that is the case, what are you still doing hanging around here? If Rift is so much better, shouldn't you be over there playing instead of wasting your time here?
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

There really isn't much grouping going on at all.

But alot of that is to be blamed on CoE, cause grouping was about the least rewarding way to spend your time at launch, and its only slowly over time been given some incentive to do.

Its as much a problem of your eq2 designers as it is population.
  3. Archaical Active Member

Quote where I said Rift was a better game. Go ahead, i'll wait.
  4. Pauly Well-Known Member

I think I know why you can't find groups.
    Neiloch and Alenna like this.
  5. Taysa Well-Known Member

I have zero problems finding groups.

It's all about putting your name out there, learning the zones, learning the scripts, and knowing how to play your class. Group up enough times and people will start to recognize you. If you're decent, they will be more inclined to group with you. It's really that simple. What are the rest of you doing wrong?
  6. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Archaical complaining about the quality of EQ2:
    Archaical speaking positively about Rift:
    What, praytell, is the conclusion that you expect to be drawn from those posts? o_O
    Tylia, Neiloch and Alenna like this.
  7. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I propose not to pick on one person. All of us at some degree troll threads here. It looks like we don't have any other serious issues to talk about rather harass each other.
  8. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Nobody has commented on that because it is irrelevant. There are any number of factors that could contribute to Rift's population, if, in fact, it really is larger than EQ2. I don't know how you'd obtain that information, since population data isn't publicly available for EQ2, but there attributing a larger population to a single feature is pretty illogical.
  9. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Even if all the DF did was put decent groups together (ones with a tank and healer at least) and not even port people to the dungeons or give and extra reward it would probably be successful. Thats the REAL reason people like matchmakers and DF's, no one wants to take the initiative and lead, those systems do it for them.
  10. Alarra Well-Known Member

I don't know what people have against making groups, I do it all the time. People know me, some with good experiences, some with bad. But if I flash my name out there I generally get a group within 15 mins.

If I don't, I make a group, cos I'm not gonna wait on others to suddenly say "Hey, I want another member" while thinking why hasn't that person grouped for the last hour, they must be on everyone's blacklist or something.

You start making groups, you meet new people and they in turn invite you to their groups later if they think you're good.
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

It comes from their psychology of which I don't want to start 'armchairing' up here. They don't have anything against it in principal, its not like they think they shouldn't have to make groups or the game should have to do it for them. In any event you aren't going to suddenly convince so many people to start their own groups without some additional incentive.
    Kraeref likes this.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Not entirely sure if this is the main reason, but one possible reason is the perception that the one forming the group is responsible for the quality of said group. So if Player A starts a PUG and, through no fault of his/her own, the PUG ends up being craptastic, Player A bears partial responsibility for wasting the group's time, and may get a reputation for forming bad groups. Player B, as long as he/she is not the cause of the discord doesn't have to worry about anything but doing his/her job.

Granted, there may be other reasons. There may also be players that don't really give a rat's butt what people think of them. But the mindset mentioned above is a factor in at least a small percentage of cases.