lets try this be as anonymous as possible

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-SageMarrow, Mar 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Cool, I do the same.

Good, I like active and outspoken community members.

Our class is far from broken, we'd be fine when they get the damage issues balanced out and the ability to reliably tank raid mobs fixed :)

Oh, and you seem more focused and what I want than I am, which is funny since you don't even know what I want lol.
  2. ARCHIVED-Nerill Guest

Gage, you have over 2200 posts. You are the most vocal of this community. However, this does not mean that what you say is the end-all be-all of this Class. The most vocal does not = what the masses want. It appears that many in our community see us as DPS. That maybe our role should be redefined since EQ2 went live waaaaaay before it was ready to.

You are focussed on getting the DEVs to fix it so that you can tank Raid MOBs. ( Apparently, you Tank Raid MOBs for other guilds since you have outleveled your own guild. )

You offer up my ability to do DPS for the nerf bat and you just want me to continue to be quiet about it ?
  3. ARCHIVED-MoonglumHMV Guest

And that is just fine...Some people see us as DPS, some people see us as a tank, some people see us as the 'hybred' class...everyone is allowed to have their own views...HOWEVER the only view that matters is SOE's view...If SOE doesn't want the monk/bruiser class to be tanks, SOE needs to say so....and right now SOE's view (until it is posted otherwise) is fighter=tank & DPS roles are mage -> scout -> fighter -> cleric...
    If SOE changes their views, I'm sure people will adapt, roll another class, or quit...
    Message Edited by MoonglumHMV on 03-06-2005 07:31 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-SageMarrow Guest

just to clear some things up for those of you reading this on going argument .. have a nice day...

what i said clearly is that i tank all the time -read around - you will see it - i tank better than alot of guardians my level and i say that too all the time to thier faces -

now again idiots - what im saying is that NO - we shouldnt tank as well as they do or be able to do so against RAID content- we are not built for it on any level - in armor = in abilities - on down the line.

even if soe does agreee with your point of view and they are right - that is totally fine gage- the point you are missing - and i guess i will say this - cause yall idiots havent gotten it yet - is that if they do-

(there are alot more dps monks than otherwise - or tanking monks- thats what im saying- this will actually totally restructure our class- thats what im saying 0- nothing more = this will upset more than it will please and too much change too soon will make those diehards who are trying to stick this out - aka me and half the rest of the eq2 world = lose interest to the point of retirement - there has never been more competition in the mmorpg gaming world and the game that was supposed to be the

best is falling behind and they know it gage- they are realizing that graphics that no ones computer can handle other than bill gate's kid wont carry this game and it needs something that makes it worth while- beyond this issue - making the game so that monks can tank raids wont do the trick - which is my real issue at hand if you must know. )

either way if so how will they do it gage? how do they change it so that the numbers are perfect and we avoid just the right amount and get hit just the right amount? you cant with random numbers gage- ? so how do you do it some dude?

do you give more mitigation to light armor? how do you do that without making medium armor useless somedude??? when they increassed mitigation they increased the armors ac-?? did you forget that???

so instead of arguing - give a solution that actually works - there arent any - you are the pentacle of what will ever be an avoidance tank- nothing more nothing less- we arent balanced as a race- not as a class - we are balanced across the board as player characters first then fighters second - even the agility nerf would effect a wizard if he went for agility gear - its not that complicated and thats not outlandish thats underlying fact - if we were built that way then we would have race/class specific armors and skills - they did away with that idea so that they could save more time and spend more time expanding the game on bigger levels than the minor details which could be argued as a bad idea but hey -

a Ogre or barbarian guardian tanks just as good as a gnomish guardian - raid and all- it looks foolish as all hell - maybe even cute would be a good word but that just illustrates my point that we arent seperated by much other than a thin line of string that liquid bleeds over when soe decides to pour as if they change the content instead of the classes directly
  5. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Just face the fact that you don't know what I want, despite how many times I've tried to tell you.

I'm done trying to explain it, you don't care anyway.

As for dps/tanking, its about 50/50 among posters, and I assume it'd be roughly the same in game.

That would depend upon how many game from games where monk type classes were DPS, and preconceived notions.

In the end my post count doesn't matter. I'm not a dev, I'm not a corrospondent, I'm not SoE.

I'm a guy playing a game who has an opinion.

Just like everyone else here.

Who they choose to listen to is their decision.

They designed the game, not me.

Good luck on getting us changed to a DPS class.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Trust me Sage everyone knows you don't care about balance at all, on any level. You just want what you want, and that's it.
    You don't need to keep posting about it.
  7. ARCHIVED-SageMarrow Guest

LOL LOL LOL LOL+ i wont spoil the other post with this but i will rub it in ur face here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA -- this is horribly childish i know but fun none the less LOL LOL LOL LOL =

I WAS RIGHT _ and i know my community better than you do - no to say that you dont - but on this one ive talked to more than a few- now we can still be totally wrong and soe may say otherwise - i talk to people and i research these things gage- its not about what i want - it about where the community is comfortable and that they like the flexiblilty and dont want to have to compete with gaudians or zerkers for grps under any circumstances cause they will lose and we know it -

we actually investigate the classes deeply you and i - which is why i said in the first place that you lost sight of what was right through your pursuit - over 70% of the posters in that forum want thier dps and you cant deny that - and they would not take tanking in exchange for it gage- its not realistic in speculation nor in game..

much love bro..
  8. ARCHIVED-SageMarrow Guest

LOL LOL LOL LOL+ i wont spoil the other post with this but i will rub it in ur face here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA -- this is horribly childish i know but fun none the less LOL LOL LOL LOL =

I WAS RIGHT _ and i know my community better than you do - no to say that you dont - but on this one ive talked to more than a few- now we can still be totally wrong and soe may say otherwise - i talk to people and i research these things gage- its not about what i want - it about where the community is comfortable and that they like the flexiblilty and dont want to have to compete with gaudians or zerkers for grps under any circumstances cause they will lose and we know it -

we actually investigate the classes deeply you and i - which is why i said in the first place that you lost sight of what was right through your pursuit - over 70% of the posters in that forum want thier dps and you cant deny that - and they would not take tanking in exchange for it gage- its not realistic in speculation nor in game..

much love bro.. we are done with this = and its open if you feel the way you feel - but on the flip side homie you and ur band of followers are mildly out numbered
    Message Edited by SageMarrow on 03-06-2005 05:54 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-jhessal69 Guest

Ill try to make it simple for you so youcan stop stalking Gage. When your TANK class can out DPS a scout or a mage, thats wrong. SoE is working to fix that. Theres no situation where a mage or a scout could out tank a TANK so why should a tank class out-DPS the supposed "DPS' classes?
  10. ARCHIVED-i3ry2k Guest

This whole thread is [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]. I got about halfway through page two and just stopped because some of you are so dense. It doesn't matter if any of you think monks should be DPS or Tanks because we are tanks and that's where it ends.

We are wanted every bit as much as scouts/other tanks in groups, even if there is a higher tank already there. We do decent DPS when we want to (for now anyway) and we get great utility buffs. I would much rather have offensive buffs on my party, 26% (I think) deflection bonus going to the tank, mend which saves groups if used properly, and the ability to offtank or backup tank than someone with evac.

If you plan on evacing I don't want to be in your sorry group anyway.
  11. ARCHIVED-i3ry2k Guest

bah sorry, double post. no idea why
    Message Edited by i3ry2k on 03-06-2005 09:50 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-SageMarrow Guest

well hessal you are right in some ways but one thing you forget is that we have very limited and next to no utility at all and are too easily replaced within ANY grp - ANY raid- an extra healer could take our spot in a hot second in a raid - or in a grp- no agility buff needed to buff main tank - same with a scout or wiz types.
    Message Edited by SageMarrow on 03-06-2005 07:53 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Nerill Guest

READ CAREFULLY ......

I am still waiting to hear at what levels Monks are out-DPSing Mages and Scouts and what those DPS stats are ?????

At level 42 this is just not true. So, please tell me ... at what levels are we out DPS-ing Scouts and Mages and what Damage per Second are each putting out ??????????
  14. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Why oh why don't you realize our spot in a group/raid should be MT. It has nothing to do with utility. The FACT that a scout/mage or even as you say healer could take our spot in a hot second PROVES WE AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH TANKS YET.
    But I don't really believe you anyway, I think you exaggerate to try and prove your point.
    If we were balanced as tanks (and we almost are) those other classes taking your spot wouldn't be an issue because SURPRISE they can't tank!
    If we were raiding or in a group with a higher lvl or better equipped fighter from another class, we should utilize our DPS and utility/group buffs to be offtank/main assist.
    Just as the other fighters should do if the monk/bruiser is higher lvl/better equipped than them.
    Its oh so apparant after this thread that you have no grasp on this game. You talk about monks doing damage, scouts being a class balanced on utility, warlocks with teleport (hahaha what?), pvp balance, balancing the game according to lore, etc etc.
  15. ARCHIVED-SomeDudeCRO Guest

TANK - DPS (like other fighters)

Hey, what do you know, that's pretty much what it is!

Run a parser, a non-tanking SK/Zerker/Pally can all dps as well as us Brawlers. Player's preconceptions and overall fighter damage is what you get you into groups as a DPS slot, nothing more.

Personally, I don't really care if SOE made us scouts I'd be fine with that, but they didn't. I play a Monk simply because I want to play one, nothing more.
  16. ARCHIVED-Nerill Guest

TunaBoo wrote:
    I think it's pretty clear.. monks have a few loud mouths crying to tank like guardians, and monks as a hole would rather just tank well enough to XP, and be DPS on raids and in groups when needed.
    As I pointed out before, if a guardian tanks even 1% better, he will be picked as MT on a raid. If a monk tanks EXACTLY the same or better then a guardian, then this is clearly an imbalance - as monk dps is much higher then guardian.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

By the way guys, please read this:

This is from today.

I'll just let you take it for what its worth.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Nerill Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I did, last time I counted it was 11 wanted DPS, 6 wanted tanking and 4 didn't care either way. It doesn't matter though, we aren't devs.
    Besides Moorgard posted just awhile ago that they are in fact looking at melee damage to ensure scouts outdamage fighters.
    Now you have nothing to argue with me about.
    Start your campaign to make us scouts in a new thread please.
    Oh yeah, and how do you know how the majority of this community feels? You don't. Thought so.
    Message Edited by Gage-Mikel on 03-06-2005 09:41 PM