Launchpad not connecting

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Poekim, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Steampunkhawk New Member

Just tried after posting and the patcher is now downloading the patch for me.
  2. Celidur Member

3. arminicus New Member

This is most annoying as I was attempting to login so I could upgrade to gold.....I have the card in hand just waiting for the dumb launchpad to pull its head out of its hind quarters.
  4. Steampunkhawk New Member

What is my frustration was thinking it was a local problem i clicked the validate game assets and it's now redownloading all 15 gigs of the game.
  5. Sweety D Well-Known Member

Same problem ... can't log in. An update from SOE telling us they are aware of the issue and fixing it would be nice. Maybe I just didn't see it .. ?
  6. southpaw Member

Same problem here.

Come on SOE, throw us a bone.
  7. Celidur Member

Well apparently the game was given a patch.. that's a given, and I see the SOE server status that all servers are up.. perhaps the guy who send update info for patch data was canned and no one got the memo ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Sanjinn New Member

These solutions did not resolve the issue.
  9. arminicus New Member

what screen is that?

my launchpad pops right up I'm logged in and I select my character, no probs yet...........I click play it goes to the ESR rating screen (very silly if you ask me....OMG the pixelated people are killing other pixelated people and they can buy liquor....*gasp* but you never see them actually drinking anything, bunch of baloney).....then it gets to the EQ2 national anthem and then theres a popup that reads "login rejected: the client's patch does not match the server's, please rerun patcher"
  10. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Everyone is getting this. The patch/update today seems to have some 'issues'.
  11. arminicus New Member

:D

ok, we are on the same sheet of music....sweet
    Avahlynn likes this.
  12. arminicus New Member

In all seriousness though, I haven't seen an update yet that everything was superb and simple since the end of august......the last update my launchpad went to a black screen..........what is going to happen next, will ferral monkies fly out of our butts?
  13. Shyne New Member

Seems as if the wrong people were laid off at SoE........It is for sure something with the patch or the launcher, not on our end..I tried validating all game assets only to be told, everything is fine and up to date....clearly not
  14. Sanjinn New Member

15. TheRealRenzen New Member

I'll never understand why a billion dollar company could justify a single layoff.....

I just downloaded a 2M patch (second one), it took about 20 minutes. Wasn't the fix...
    I swear SOE knows my days off and is enjoying this...
  16. Celidur Member

/twitching .... I need my fix :mad:

Thanks for the update Sanjinn
  17. TheRealRenzen New Member

Just a suggestion, roll this crap back, and keep it in Alpha until you fix it.
    Okay, I'm going to go kick my dog now. I'll give you a good 2 hours before a try again.
  18. Shyne New Member

Guess I shall play something else while they figure out how it got broken, why it is broken, sit around and scratch their heads on how to fix it before being told "it is working as intended"

Oh and never forget...It isn't a bug, it is a feature!
  19. arminicus New Member

all of the files for launchpad you referred me to are listed as .dll files, cant open them
  20. Steampunkhawk New Member

My issues still exists the entire game was redownloaded and I still get the error. This is a sever side issue and not a client issue. You have a patch server that is not patched please have your operations team review the patch servers. My Everquest2.exe is still dated 8/29/2013 7:09 PM