Last name of a Swashbuckler

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-JoeMG, Nov 27, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-WinterPhoenix Guest

Tallen Silverflame would have had a great ring to it, but there's an NPC named silverflame out there, so....

Tallen Silverfire will have to do.
  2. ARCHIVED-damahra Guest

BlackBlade.....
    suggestions?
    Am considering BlackBlade Redblood .....BlackBlade Inyoback....BlackBlade Deepdagger... or BlackBlade Behindya.
  3. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

Syrano Espada

Syrano because I just like the name, not because I was naming myself after that fool "Cyrano" with the [FaarNerfed!] nose (though it *is* amusing getting asked every time I log in where my nose is, not). The name "Syrano" or "Cyrano" or multiple other versions originates not as an actual name, but a reference to an inhabitant of the island of "Cyrene" off the coast of northern Africa.

Espada is the spanish word for "Sword". I wanted something that translates to "Rapier" however, that is more literally known as "Estoque" in spanish. Didn't quite have the same ring as "Espada" and they are "close enough" in spirit for what I was trying for :)

As for people with names like "Stabsjoo Innaface". I dislike them immensly. It does not however ruin my gameplay any and I don't report stupid names. It just reflects on the creativity and originality of the person in question, and a certain level of "maturity" (when they choose names like "Claytorus"). As such, they won't ever find their way into my guild or my groups.
  4. ARCHIVED-ramblingmadman Guest

I picked a French-sounding first name for my Half-Elf Swashbuckler, so for the first 19 levels he was simply Renveault. At 20, I looked up obscure important French people and ended up with Renveault Becquerel, last name coming from the French physicist who noticed radiation. My other Half-Elf is a Sorcerer and named after the main character from The Stranger; he'll end up Merseault Becquerel. The names are obscure enough to get by naming policy, I'd think.
  5. ARCHIVED-NaitSirhc Guest

First thing that came to mind reading that name was the old Rescue Rangers cartoon. :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Chaws Guest

"Oh please. That's not a name, that's another stoopid juvenile attempt at 'wit' that blows immersion and really is amazingly shallow and idiotic.
    Come on people, take a look at the classics. Tolkein, the index of the Silmarillion, etc. Old D&D books, fantasy books.
    Run down to Barnes & Nobles and try, I dunno, maybe *reading* something?
    Then don't just frigging copy a name, but try to employ the general style. It's really not that hard to elevate yourself above the 9 year old level of imagination....really."

Holy smokes! I haven't checked this thread I over a month.

I suppose sarcasm doesn't translate very well over these internets.

Some of you really need some sunshine and a hug.
    Message Edited by Chaws on 02-05-2005 05:22 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-damahra Guest

"Oh please. That's not a name, that's another stoopid juvenile attempt at 'wit' that blows immersion and really is amazingly shallow and idiotic.
    Come on people, take a look at the classics. Tolkein, the index of the Silmarillion, etc. Old D&D books, fantasy books.
    Run down to Barnes & Nobles and try, I dunno, maybe *reading* something?
    Then don't just frigging copy a name, but try to employ the general style. It's really not that hard to elevate yourself above the 9 year old level of imagination....really."

But I CAN"T read.......Please quit insisting that I do something that I could never learn very well. I WAS hooked on phonics but luckily with councilling I kicked the habit. PLEASE quit making fun of those of us who can't read the classics and pick pretty names like you smart well educated people.

That's not a name, that's another stoopid juvenile attempt
    By the way...in which of those classics do you find the word "stoopid"?? Does that mean the same thing as "stupid"??:smileysurprised:
    Message Edited by damahra on 02-07-2005 07:16 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-VORTICE Guest

<====== Poke Slow

Don't ask me why!..
  9. ARCHIVED-Sagonene Guest

Actually (and I am shocked the name took) my newb is named Hook.

So somewhere down the line there will be a Swashbuckler named Hook Heartstopper.

Well, maybe... I'll work on the name, but right now I'm working on the class... 8 and rising...

Sagonene
  10. ARCHIVED-Fami Guest

Fami Swiftshadow, still have a bit of the rogue left in me.

Dainty yet Deadly WoodElf Swashbuckler of Inner Circle, Unrest
  11. ARCHIVED-Haldrid Guest

I like my first name, used it since EQL with my Bard. It is "Atraiyu". My other 3 names for my characters are all stolen from LOTR. Atraiyu is, of course, from "The Neverending Story". I'm thing of making his last name the name of the dragon, so it would be "Atraiyu Falkor". What do u think?
  12. ARCHIVED-Mystikel Guest

As far as taking the name of the dragon for your last I wouldn't myself because it's two completly different characters. I would try to come up with something that might go with Atraiyu, but it's really all up to you.

I always like to have a last name that kinda conveys something of the type of character I play. In EQ one I was a ranger and went with Mystikel Pathseeker, my enchanter Rykev Dreamweaver. Being a swash here I didn't think it really fit even though I can still track so I came up with Mystikel Bladestorm.
  13. ARCHIVED-Okaythen Guest

i liked my EQ1 rogue name of "Grifter" mostly because of the pickpocketing ability and the fact that rogues are supposed to be "tricky" but the name was already in use by the time i made my swashy in this game. I made Savoir Faire instead =) But one thing i can tell you is, if you are not sure, don't give yourself a last name. I know in EQ1 they eventually made it so you could change a surname in game which was good because i was completely hammered when i gave my wizard the surname of "Dreamvacation" which was waaay to long considering the first name was already long being "Supervolt" that name running at you took up most of the screen, especially when i got AA and got some titles
    Message Edited by Okaythen on 02-18-2005 02:16 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Ravendarth Guest

Tried to get something that sounded decent but at the same time was somewhat believable for roleplaying:

Ravendark Shadowblades
  15. ARCHIVED-Auberon_Feykin Guest

Corwynn Maelstrom . . . has to do with the sea and originates from old Dutch. Which since I play in a Dutch language guild is rather appropriate.
  16. ARCHIVED-Tazekiel Guest

Teggon Shineyfinder <-- Halfling Swashbuckler. Rawr. Swashbucklers Rule.
  17. ARCHIVED-Neumann Guest

as a swashie, i started with the Name: Exortian Tricksalot
    but then, as i started getting titles like: the Loyal, or the Dedicated i switched my name to Exortian Tricks the Loyal/Dedicated/Treasurehunter
    depends on what mood im in :p
  18. ARCHIVED-AegisCrown Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Krontak Guest

Talk about digging up old posts heh!
    Krontak El'Evacious ...named after my butter finger evacing skilz
  20. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

I am Lukia, no lastname, no titles, nothing but Lukia, I don't need the fancy rubbish to know I am the best

Those that do not know me are not worth knowing

/arogant swashy mode off :)