Kunark and level 80

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Emerix, May 9, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-LadyBethany Guest

Kaalenarc@Mistmoore wrote:
    i totally agree with you bro
  2. ARCHIVED-Halo of G4 Guest

[p]Once Kunark comes out then 1-70 will become a grindfest.[/p][p] Hell my lvl 40 alt is having trouble finding groups that don't involve camping somewhere and grinding...[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-dlove183 Guest

account closed. there is no place for comments when you close your account, so I am posting them here. I do NOT want another level increase. all it will accomplish is changing the number by my name. I will have to replace my fabled gear with treasured or mastercrafted. I get to replace all my master spells(and I have all of them) with the same spells with new names and the same icons. there will be a 10-15% damage increase that will later be nerfed in a "10% reduction in DPS across the board" this game doesn't really start until you get to the level cap. all that is happening is the great zones that people are enjoying today will become farm zones like poets is now. I think this will be like the DoF expansion. we went from having a long list of places to go and things to do to saying things like "where are we going tonight? tables? cazels? or poets?" there is no need to EVER raise the cap if skills just roll over every 14 levels. all it does is trivialize everything in the lower tiers and spread the sparse population ever thinner. it's next to impossible to get a group from level 30-62 on lucan. if you are going to make it worse, at least open solo zones like harclave so I can PL my way to the real content and not have to try and solo heroic quest. this game was a ton of fun before LU13/DoF. it was fun again after KoS. it's fun now. I don't want to be around for the next DoF. everything between now and then is a waste of time. why should I try to finally finish the claymore or get a new pair of fabled gloves. the first trash named in T8 will drop something better. anyway. the only reason to play before the cap goes up is to level your alts and get them ready for the sprint from 70 to 80. what a joke. then, in 2 months there will be 100 toons naked spoon fighting on the beach because they are bored with the 4 raid mobs and 5 instances. cyall later thanks, Devol
  4. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Yes, but this is EverQuest 2, not EverQuest 1 and quite frankly the two expansions you just referenced where not exactly what I'd call EQ1's best efforts.
    Your logic is greatly flawed. T8 gear does not make T7 gear useless just like adding T7 content did not make T6 gear useless. That's like saying T2 gear is useless because T3 armor exists. You still don't seem to grasp the basic concept of level progression. Your T7 gear will serve an excellent purpose... It helps you explore T8 content and obtain T8 gear just like your T8 gear will eventually help you get T9 gear and so on and so on and so on. To expect it to be otherwise denotes and inherent lack of understanding of the basic system in place here.
  5. ARCHIVED-Le Vampyre Le'Stat Guest

LOL. Bunch of whingers I swear, you complain that you have to lvl up again after sitting on your bum for 6 months or so raiding to feel l33t. Boo Hoo, cry me a river you lvl 70 noobs.
  6. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Ultimatum@Nagafen wrote:
    Accually aside from Handcrafted, ALL T8 gear WILL BE better where it counts then T7 Fabled. Just like it was when we went to T7 from T6 and from T5 to T6. Yes you will not have the ansalary bonus buffs on the Hand and MasterCrafted that you get with T7 Fabled but by and large the T8 Crafted WILL HAVE better stats.
    BTW, that 150-200 number was said durring BETA and does not apply. When asked what the lvl cap will be in 5 years(when KoS was release just over a year ago) Scott said maybe around 90, so that means only one more lvl raise in the next 4 years.
    I did raid T6 after KoS came out(because I was in a weak guild at the time and even at 65 we had trouble with the easy Raid zones in DoF), and guess what the Gear commonish out of the Heroic Dungon SoS was FAR BETTER then what we got on Poet's runs.
  7. ARCHIVED-Aethane Guest

LordPazuzu wrote:
    I've been playing mmo's for over 10 years, you were prolly still in diapers then. I was a top tank in a top raid guild before eq2 was ever dreamed of. I've seen every mistake these companies have made and the effect they had on the population and overall health of the games they developed. There are alot of avenues to creating challenging content not all of which include mudflation aka level cap increases and skill cap increases. Not my fauly SoE is too inept to create a smarter AI for the mobs. Scripted content is also a nice avenue to go with, if players do x then y happens, but SOE rarely does this sort of thing. Other companies have to great success ala Blizzard, but that game looks like garbage.
    I am a very accomplished player in this game, definitely in the top 10%, i will lose far less from this than others like yourself. We are losing 2 expansions to gain 1, Kunark will not be anywhere near that big. Within 2 weeks we will all be doing the same 3-6 dungeons every night and we'll all be level 80 with far fewer players to group with. It will spread the population out alot and we'll lose alot of players too. If you havent noticed populations are already low and have been since the DoF debacle. Here comes another DoF debacle. I won't quit, i have a great guild and i have fun with them. But i know for sure the world i play in is gonna get alot smaller.
  8. ARCHIVED-Daarom Guest

ke'la wrote:
    Oh I still wear arms from GoAA cause I cant find any better except Nightchord ... but that one didnt drop for me the last 8 Months and I am in a raiding guild (4d/week)
  9. ARCHIVED-Angelow Guest

[p]Personally I find the concept of a level raise very frustrating. As many people have stated increasing the level cap to 80 is not the same as a level raise in EQ1 was....... here it trivializes everything done at level 70. This argument has been well stated several times, so I wont bother rehashing it.[/p][p]My personal question is this. Why should I bother logging in right now? I am in very good gear, with nearly all my masters. I raid 2-3 times a week depending on work schedule. Why should I continue to play my toon when I see upgrades for any slot/spell on average maybe once every 3 weeks. So I play about 25 hours a week (maybe more like 35 depending on my work load that week) to see a 1 in 3 chance of getting an upgrade. Yes, I can roll an alt..... but why bother gearing that alt out? Grinding the levels is cake, and I have done most of the content. What keeps me playing and coming back for more is getting every single item out there that I want that is an upgrade. I have almost full fabled gear, but it is not exactly the fabled gear I want......... so I continue to play. With an expansion on the horizon why bother spending the next 6 months getting upgrades to my current fabled gear, it will just all become crap filling up my back pack 1 week after the expansion releases.[/p][p] Put this another way. I could level an alt to 70 right now, park him/her at 70 still in level 62 MC gear. Then continue to gear out my main toon with even better fabled, get my last few masters etc. When Kunark releases lets say I pick up that alt and dust him/her off the day of launch. I dont play my fabled toon at all for the first two weeks after launch of kunark, just my alt who was 70 in MC gear. After those two weeks my alt will be superior to my main in every way. Better gear, spells that are better, and generally more powerfull. Expansions that raise level caps bring all those toons that are geared and mastered down to the level of a person who has done nothing with their toon but power it to the level cap and give it MC gear.[/p][p]All that being said, please tell me what my motivation is to play your game for VERY marginal upgrades for the next 6 months when even major upgrades would be replaces by treasured crap within 72 hours of the launch of your new expansion. My personal solution is dont raise the level cap, add a bazillion more AA pts, but thats just my opininon. And yes I knew they might well raise the cap again, and I have said for a long time they would probably lose my business if they choose to do that. I dont know if they will lose my business forever or not, but I doubt I will continue to pay for this game for the next 6 months.[/p][p] PS- In the future giving us a 4-6 week heads up that you are about to make all of our hard work trivial is probably alot better then a 24 week heads up....... now I just dont want to pay you for the next 6 months. (YES! I would rather not know what I am doing is about to become worthless, then I could still enjoy doing it untill the expansion came out)[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Themaginator Guest

oh this thread again except now the 70 is replaced with 80. [To dlove] /sigh so if all it took for you to quit the game is new content and more levels, why the hell were you playing in the first place, i mean its an MMO, level caps go up...thats what happens...ive argued for this to much over my 2 1/2 years...you kids have fun now.
  11. ARCHIVED-rubelson Guest

[p]All I can say is anyone want to x 2 EH , MMIS , FTH ? [/p][p]Saving all my DKP and plat until tier 8.[/p][p]- Krovax[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Skylher Guest

[p]you can please some of the people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time.[/p][p] [/p][p]I am completely bored with the game. I look forward to the level increase why?[/p][p]my crafters will have something to do. New stuff to make, new furniture, new spells and finally have somethign to sell worth buying.[/p][p]my adventurers will have something to do as well. new masters to find instead of farming Poets palace all day trying to find the very few i need on an alt. [/p][p]the only thing i do on my main is raid. I dont do instances, i only craft to raid, except for food and drink they still sell very well. Now instances will be worth while, finding the new masters and advanced recipes. Getting new loot for transmuting etc...[/p][p] [/p][p]alot of people are bored and have considered cancellign their accounts til the expansion. My god its still 6 mths away. So those who are against it have six months to get to level cap, or get kos raid zones conquered and move to EoF. Six months is a long time. Too long for me honestly but i guess i will jsut work on claymore or something since i absolutely hate that quest but its something to kill time.[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Halo of G4 Guest

[p]The biggest problem is after the l33t raiding groups are done spending time beating every raiding instance at lvl80 then they will come back cry more about "Wheres my content? I spent about 25 days on my computer beating all of these RoK instances and raid encounters and now I have nothing to do!"[/p][p] [/p][p]I hope Odus will come after RoK for 35-80 perhaps.[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Thicket Tundrabog Guest

I was deadset against a level increase for Echoes of Faydwer. It was too soon. I'm totally in favour of a level increase to 80 for the Kunark expansion. It's definitely time for a level cap increase.
  15. ARCHIVED-Catsy Guest

ke'la wrote:
    In what universe is T7 mastercrafted better than T6 fabled? WTB what you're smoking. Xegonite Vanguard armor has +16 or so to the relevant primary stats, +50 health/power, and +200 to resists. High-end T6 fabled (level 57-60) typically has in the range of +18-25 to stats, +70ish power, and +300ish to resists. EoF treasured is better than a lot of KoS legendary in pure stats and resists, but that's mainly because of the huge nerf KoS gear took when EoF came out--it broke the normal progression. When KoS first came out, you had to get into the high 60's legendary before T7 gear surpassed high-end T6 fabled. People complaining that their uber level 70 fabled set gear is going to be obsolete and a waste of money/DKP when RoK comes out are missing the plot. That gear is some of the best that T7 has to offer, and you're going to have to start raiding T8 endgame content before you find anything better.
  16. ARCHIVED-Aethane Guest

Halo of G4 wrote:
    [p] LMAO, most guilds that raid are nowhere near done with eof content, heck alot of us 1337 raiders are still working in KoS, avatars are not on farm status so guess your theory that we exhausted the content is null and void.Dof came too soon and the cap increase was too, alot of folks quit, kos brought some back and eof brought even more back cause the cap stayed the same.We most likely wont be done with EoF when RoK comes out either. I guess you think fabled grows on trees? It is rare, i am still trying to replace my shoulders after months in KoS. Either drop rates need upped if they want to set this kind of pace or level cap increases need to stop.[/p][p]You guys act like a level increase is a MUST! Well it isn't, the content will come either way, just that without the increase we can do 3 expansions instead of 1.[/p][p]Less than 1% of the total game population has actually beaten all the raid content, i dont think we should be going with the pace in development that these players play at. The average raider isn't anywhere close to being done with EoF content. So if we actually bother doing the content now, instead of finishing it we get a new expansion that makes any attempt we made useless because all the gear will be wasted and replaced with heroic instance trash gear in a week or two, some kind of progression that is, not.[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

ke'la wrote:
    it "WILL BE better"? how exactly do you know that since we have a new item DEV so can't really compare what they are going to do with what the old person did in the past. i personally am going to assume he will do a lot better job at itemizing this next expansion.
  18. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Angelow wrote:
    [p]Please, re-hash it, because I haven't yet seen a reason to take that argument seriously.[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

we aren't going nearly at the pace of those 1% of players you refer too. they have had everything dead for a few months now and there are still 6 months until the next expansion so they are going to be farming for a long time. i think the pace is pretty good, by the time RoK comes out i think everyone that would have beaten the content at level 70 will have beaten it by then. i am not a big fan of level increases either but they are dedicating a whole expansion minus one zone to this new tier which will hopefully mean that there are more than enough things to raid and lots of heroic instances as well. imagine EoF with everything being T7 minus GFay (maybe even bigger since they had 9 months from KoS till EoF and 12 months from EoF till RoK) that would leave a lot of content to do. also this gives them a chance to tweak the diminishing returns curves to make them a little bit better.
  20. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

I am sorry a lvl raise is a must after 2 years at 70 the current itemiation has already reached the hard caps in skills.
    and a rise in level is not as bad as it was in DoF or KOS. There have been many code changes since then specifically the LVL varible involved in gear was recoded and has NO effect on the quality of the item. The only difference now is what you see is what you get. So while new gear will drop in RoK and some will replace current raid gear i expect the vest majority of raid gear will be used at lvl 80. You just don't see effects on treasured gear like you do fabeld gear. Maybe a few legendary pieces will replace fabled, But that is all. So again there has been 2 major seperate code changes since the cap was raised in KOS. That make gear less level dependant.
    This game is a level based game built including hard caps. Eventually it will need to be raised. Unless they plan on nerfing gear and recoding hardcaps every expansion. Heck for EOF to come out they had to nerf gear and raise hard caps. All that RoK is doing is raising hard caps by increasign the level.