KoS Rogue Achievements Analysis

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Rokjin, Jul 30, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

Yes.. you are correct, but when I said 600 base DPS, I meant BEFORE buffs. I am not looking at how much DPS you do but rather how much DPS each damage increaser contributes. The Opportunistic Cover increase also takes into effect that it caps out your DPS.. It was done that way to illustrate the way Unencumberance and Blackguard's Luck are multiplied through buffs, that's why the 100% haste and 100% DPS person is doing the same 600 base DPS.
    I think you are nitpicking really :p And yes, I am aware that it needs to be updated for EoF, however the changes are not that huge, and I don't have that much time...
  2. ARCHIVED-Aranador Guest

I love to nit pick - its my job.
    So - if I found your method of expression a little confusing, even though I do understand your intention - then against all possibility, there are others that find it confusing as well.
    So I more explicitly state the end result of what the base DPS of 600 becomes when multiplied by the buffage.
    And I point out that under the condition of extreme buffage, opportunistic cover ceases to have an effect, your original presentation was misleading in suggesting it will still do something.

Anyway - as for the change in caps and the diminishing returns - I honestly have no idea how it works, other than to say that at 200 haste rating, you get 125% more attacks.
    Two models spring to mind - one where +100 still gives +100pct, then the next +100 only gives +25pct. The other one is by 50s, where the first +50 = +50%, the next only 37.5pct, the next 25pct, and the last +50 delivers only 12.5pct.
    Now thee are models only, grossly iterative functions of what might in game actually be a fascinating smooth curve function.
    But one point to acknowlege, extending the buff cap means giving back some power to opportunistic cover, although its benefit is now subject to diminishing return - while the benefits of the other powers are effectively not diminished (even though the haste/DPS mods are diminishing, the difference between a character with encumberance to one without is the same relative differenc for any given haste/DPS buff amount)
    Dont think I am bringing you down. The opposite, the work in this post is brilliant. Again though, its my job - I take great work, and help people make it even better. Nuances of expression are key to communicating an idea effectively. And it never hurts to have a different perspective on things.
    Besides - its not like I have had the chance to seriously use any of these abilities in conjunction with uber high end raid buffage. I hadent even played EQ in 18 months, so the entire game has changed since then :p
    Still cant work out what I am doing wrong in this quest though. That IS annoying.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

Possibly. If I start changing that section, I have to start correcting for the EOF haste/DPS changes (it actually is a smooth curve from my experience.. some 105 or 110 = old 100%) which for now I don't have the time for and won't touch with a 12 foot stick :)
  4. ARCHIVED-LiquidFusion17 Guest

My question is this... What does more DPS raid wise,
    Str 4 4 4 8 1
    Wis 4 5 4 8
    2.5 Delay Weapon
    28-156 base dmg (73.4 rating)
    Agi 4 4 4 8 1
    Wis 4 5 4 8
    1.6 Delay Weapon
    30-91 base dmg (75.8 rating)
  5. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

It would come down to how much you are hasted and how much lag you get between CAs. 125% hasted, the 2.5 delay weapon goes down to 1.11 speed, which may be fast enough to go off between CAs if you have 0.12 seconds of lag inbetween using them.

I am not sure though, would have to try and see.
  6. ARCHIVED-LiquidFusion17 Guest

Ok... what about a 3.0 delay weapon like Vilucidae's basically im trying to figure out what will do more dps, A buddy of mine did alot more dps then I did using kilij and agi line with sailwind he would outparse pretty much everyone even assassins his dps was sick... only time assassins win is with a nice decap but this was pre-eof so im sure time to time a wiz with manaburn would win and some enchanters with there aa's but yeah
  7. ARCHIVED-Landaros Guest

Just a quick question... since I am certainly no end game equipped swashy (3 set pieces, marr cloak, class hat, dark linger and fabled dagger, rest mostly mastercrafted) I tend to go Str/Agi instead of Str/Wis.
    So what would more sense...using a rapier or a sword in the primary slot?
  8. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

If you solo or group, I'd go withy Rapier, as the mob turn ability if much better, since it can even protect your tank from a few hits. For raiding it does nothing however, so I would use a sword in that case. However obviously if you picked up the STR final AA, then it's better to use a sword at all times.
  9. ARCHIVED-SmCaudata Guest

STR final AA does not require a sword. Torporous strike does however, and it is a nice raid ability that has a damage component, so if you have equal weapons use a sword when raiding, otherwise use the best weapon you have at all times.
  10. ARCHIVED-Landaros Guest

Thanks, will try it out :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

[p]So, with the GU32 changes I will need to update this post.. Bad news is, They are too large for the current board format. Would have to be grandfathered in.. :)[/p][p] Key things I am going to update it on is:[/p][p]1. AGI's Avast Ye competing with STR and WIS for damage increase in some cases due to the Proc chance buffs.[/p][p]2. That it is silly now NOT to get the Ultimate of a line if you go down it.[/p][p]3. DPS Cap increase helping out STAs DPS increase, as well as the skill cap increases making Coule more valuable.[/p][p]4. General changes all around to try and clean up some of my DPS calculations among other things[/p][p]Does anyone else have any suggestions, or modifications they would like to see made to this post? Now is your chance.[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

At the authors request, I'm removing the sticky from this thread as it is out of date due to game changes.