KoS Rogue Achievements Analysis

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Rokjin, Jul 30, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

Someone else will have to provide the logs for that.. Qeynos side Venekor is a tad underpopulated so there's no real raiding going on of KoS stuff.
  2. ARCHIVED-Bunion Guest

There was a post a week or two ago talking about how they were going to remove critical hit chance from epic mobs. So if they indeed do this, don't see what use this skill will have at all.

Bunion
  3. ARCHIVED-adamflanagan Guest

that post was only concerning one specific mob which is considered unbeatable atm
    Message Edited by adamflanagan on 08-09-2006 10:33 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

Which mob is that......

If you are talking Tarinax (which I think you are) he is not unbeatable, was taken down by a guild on my server on the weekend.
  5. ARCHIVED-adamflanagan Guest

no, the final guy in halls of seeing
  6. ARCHIVED-Floww Guest

It was not the nightblood talked about the critical chance things. It was the Direvine Matron, Contested in Mystic Lake.

The reason they were thinking of removing critical is because this mob can be taken down a little bit of HP now(my guild got it to 92%). But some factors, such as critical strikes gave the mob too easy of an edge. When we fought the Direvine Matron, allwas going well until 2 critical strikes and a critical aoe on the main tank killed him and all the low hp'd people in the raid. Removing critical strikes on the mob would make that fight and many other fights, more stable as the tank will not take as much spike damage.
  7. ARCHIVED-Shaggis Guest

Re: Torporous Strike.... currently on test:

Achievements:
    - Rogue: Torporous Strike: Critical reduction changed to casting and recovery speed reduction.

If I'm reading this right it would be better worded "Critical reduction debuff changed to a debuff that increases casting and recovery times of the target".
  8. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

I read it same way as Shaggis.
  9. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

Updated post with the new Torporous strike information. Just do a find for Torporous to see the information.
  10. ARCHIVED-SkuaII Guest

/bump 2nd page ? /sticky
  11. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

It's already stickied...
  12. ARCHIVED-Purgle Guest

how does the suggested combat changes look to change this,
    I.e upping the dps / haste limit to 200%.
    I know its too early to tell, but its something to start thinking about.
  13. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

Well, up to 100% will be the same as before.. so we're looking at 25% additional haste and DPS.
    AGI line won't benefit any from that except for the haste.. STR and WIS will scale with both. Won't see much difference except you'll do even more damage is super buff groups. Particularly since Bravado stacks with itself (I've had 116% Haste from it alone at times.. 58% * 2)...
    Other then that, it's hard to say. Honestly I expect a nerf is coming to Rogues, since with our 50-60% mit and avoidance, we'd become as good at staying alive as tanks with the new diminishing returns changes. I will leave other analysis until we see the actual EoF changes..
  14. ARCHIVED-Zooey Guest

Post deleted - should have double checked before I hit the "submit" button :smileysurprised:
    Message Edited by Zooey on 12-18-2006 03:28 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

Yes, you should :p
    Message Edited by Rokjin on 12-18-2006 08:18 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Zooey Guest

OOOPS

Sorry folks for messing things up here.

It's not Coule, mixed it up with lunge reversal. Coule still works with either dual wield or a shield equipped.

So forget about my previous posting here.

Message Edited by Zooey on 12-18-2006 03:28 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

You can edit your post to remove what you wrote..
  18. ARCHIVED-Zooey Guest

Done

Will you delete yours too then? :smileywink:
  19. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

done..
  20. ARCHIVED-Aranador Guest

You know - I hate to do this - but - I would like to point out what I feel is a flaw in the mathy stuff

With your buffed person - if they are doing the same basic damage (IE its the same person who has found a load of buffs to use) then their actual DPS is now 600 x2 x2 or 2400 after the buffs.
    Avast Ye raises by 40-50 x2 for haste bringing him to 2500
    Opportunistic cover does NOTHING, as we are already at the DPS cap (caveat - with DPS caps raised this is no longer true, however diminishing returns and all that - besides - I want to compare apples to apples and this original calc was done under the old calcs, so lets stay there) thus leaving our DPS at 2400
    Unencumberance raises our damage by ~6pct, having already been improved by haste/DPS - so we get an extra 144ish for a total of 2544
    Blackguards luck does the same ~6pct, resulting in the same 2544.
    The added DPS is the same as when you were using 600 as the base, but the relative difference is quite different yes? and the fact that opportunistic cover is effectively wasted if we have all that +DPS mod from elsewhere is probably the real flaw in the earlier argument.

And Blackguards then also adds to the combat art damage - hmmm - combat arts :)

Anyway - seems this quest I am in is bugged or I am doing something wrong - typing this post has been more than enough time for the mob to pop. Sigh.

Happy swashing