Killing Spirit Beasts @ Nektulos Spire

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by WhysperWynde, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Tkia Well-Known Member

Hmm, maybe nobody actually tried it at 110 before launch? 109 should get people around it but practically you'd need to go to 105 to self-mentor.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

OK guys. I'm gonna farm it for coin as someone said with ALL my Level 100 toons, that oughta do it. Thanks everyone for all the help. Sorry to pop off and bark about it. Just never had it happen before like this.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I had no issues at level 120, didn't try level 110 BUT I did do the quest on some alts that ranged from 26-63. Those didn't seem to have much of an issue.

I didn't see anyone mention issues on test when we were doing this on there. However, I didn't try any 110s. Only did 120s and the ones lower than 100.

Scaling has been an issue in some of the prior events. There might be something going on specifically related to level 110.
    Breanna, Tkia and WhysperWynde like this.
  4. Fangrim Active Member

You say you are as good as you can be for your level and spend money on it, You should spend your AA points. You also have just 3/25 spent in prestige, nothing in Fury prestige, nothing in Focus and nothing in innate abilities and ALL SPELLS apart from epic 1.0 are adept. I'm not trying to be critical but helpful.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

I did 50+, 60+, 70+, 80+ and 100 with no issues. Will take a look at 90+ later but suspect it will be fine. I have nothing higher or lower.
  6. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

There's definitely some issues, good catch Fangrim.

@WhysperWynde I think you'd mentioned you've been playing for some time. If you've recently returned from a break, definitely use the forum search feature to look up info about "crate" gear for at least the library, if not the Blinding in BoL. For comparison, your 110 Fury, Gorralok (https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2168963181335) has ~7 million hps, 26k potency, and 548 resolve, not to mention the issues Fangrim identified with spells and AA's. I happen to have a 110 Fury on test, Aodhán (https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/429497696200) - he's not fully geared right now since I haven't bothered to remove the prestige adornments, but minus a weapon and 3 jewelry pieces he's sitting at ~79 million hps, 68k potency, and 2555 resolve.
    WhysperWynde, Breanna and Fangrim like this.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I only have a 30ish and 9 level 120 on Test. The 110 issue is usually tied to the tier of gear. A 110 PoP char and an 110 end-of-CD char are vastly different and the 110 mobs should be tailored to end-of-CD chars. If it's not, then there's a problem. If you're not end-of-CD geared, then you need to mentor down.
    When I say "end of" it means a good solo gear gained from progressing in the CD timeline, not group/raid gear. I had no problems at all with the 110 mobs lats year in all events, having done all of CD and some solo-instance farming.
    Xianthia and Tkia like this.
  8. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Yes my Ranger is a level 110 PoP character. I don't have the CD expac pack so she is locked at that. I did get all the Panda items from last year and those were better than the PoP gear I had. I'm guessing it's like you said that the monsters are made assuming you have a level 110 in at least CD gear.
    Tkia likes this.
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

I guess I'm lucky all my characters are either 120 or below 110 as I ignored the adventure part of the CD xpac after about a month of play. Long fights are not my thing which made the CD fights incredibly boring to me. And don't feel bad, WhysperWynde, about not knowing the right keywords to use for searches. I have the same problem as did a couple of my friends who used to play. I'm still trying to find the NPC who takes the coins from the Cobalt Crates. Every search I've done has come back useless for Jadeite Medallion or Arabella.
  10. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I believe they are in the blackmarket spot.
  11. Almee Well-Known Member

I have no idea what the black market spot is unless you are referring to the black markets in the main cities and those seem to require you to do a number of quests to access them which I haven't done and really never wanted to do.
  12. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Yes, the black market spot in Qeynos is particularly tricky to gain access to.

You have to be able to swim.

Smugglers Grotto Wiki entry
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Daryx Well-Known Member

I tried this on two of my neglected characters that are 110, an illusionist and a fury. Both are wearing gear from the box in Plane of Magic (yeah, that neglected) and have no upgraded spells from 101-110 beyond the freebie GM. They are so neglected their hotbars are using spells from 91-100 except for the GM; on both, those spells are adept level. I used the Firiona Vie merc with the fury, no gear on her and not leveled, the illusionist used the Gritstone archon merc with just the four Claz'zakla merc items.

Neither one had any problems like described. The fights weren't super fast but I was done on both in under 5 minutes. So it does not appear to be the 110 level or the adept spells or the gear, at least as far as my testing seems to show. They do have all AA spent though.

If people having problems have the Blood of Luclin expansion I would suggest trying out the gear in the box in the Blinding rather than the stuff from the Myrist library, and as suggested making sure all AAs are spent. I do have a 110 ranger who is probably in a similar situation but I haven't looked at trying this on him.
  14. Daryx Well-Known Member

You can get to either blackmarket spot without doing quests. In Freeport you swim from the East Freeport docks out to an island. In Qeynos you go to Qeynos Harbor, come in through the arch from the docks and jump in the water on either side (I always use left as it seems closer), and swim back under the bridge, then go into a hole in the wall on your left (if you went left from the docks) and swim up to the hideout.
    Almee likes this.
  15. Almee Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information, Wulfgyr. I haven't had a character do any city quests, in the major cities, for longer than I can remember so although I knew there were black markets I didn't know the names of the markets to do a Wiki search. And "black markets" just turned up the quest series.

I am sure you mean to be funny, with your comment, rather than snide, but a newer or returning player might not know you are a nice person and might be hurt by your remark. While I agree we should do Wiki research, it helps to know what search criteria to use. I have problems remember the names of family members so I sure don't remember "Smugglers Grotto" from quests done 15 years ago.
    Hartsmith and Wulfgyr like this.
  16. Bluhr Member

You may return to your character's normal level y using the command "/unmentor".

This link will help you with many of the "slash commands"
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Slash_Commands#Mentoring
  17. Bluhr Member

WhysperWynde, I just took a look at your gear using EQ2U and I note that most of your gear is the base items available from the starting gear box in the library. Some of your gear is from even earlier than that. You should be able to get newer/better gear by doing some quests. Better gear will make your life easier.
    Xianthia likes this.
  18. Melkior Well-Known Member

You don't need to do any quests to get to the merchant. The merchant you seek is just located next to the black market broker in either Freeport or Qeynos.
    Breanna likes this.