Killing Spirit Beasts @ Nektulos Spire

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by WhysperWynde, Sep 24, 2020.

1. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Hello Fellow Norrathians! Does anyone know anything about Killing the Spirit Beasts attacking Nektulos Spire for the Quest = Not So Nice Yet Accurate Prophecies of Bechah Stormreach? It is a quest given by a Sage or Learned Person @ Teren's Grasp, Kylong Plains when you are doing the Crafting Quests offered there for G.L.E.E.S.H. Marks.

The Quest says to kill the spirit beasts attacking the Nektulos Spire but these spirits are quite unkillable it seems like. you can wipe down completely their blue line of mana or whatever their power source is but they just keep on fighting & the bottom lines of energy do not diminish. It also pops up on screen when you fight them that 'This is Not an Enemy.' So what the heck am I doing trying to fight them & how else can I "defeat them?" I've looked around for anything else - found one guy said I was bothering his research & I got to retort "I hope you and your research are eaten up by the forest" but that didn't help anything and seemed unrelated.

Does anyone know how to go about finishing/defeating this Quest? I'd really like to get the 5 GLEESH coins and the neato scroll house item offered; I just don't know what to do now! Been fighting them for nigh on 15 minutes now!!

Thanks for any and all help!
  2. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

... to continue ---> well I am still battling one Thrashing Spirit in particular. My Mercenary Fionia Vie kept at this one whilst I tried softening up the different ones and she managed with persistent fighting to get it's energy line down to about 40% in the yellow and now with both of us us continually fighting it (for honestly about 20 minutes now) we have gotten it's line down in the red to about 20 minutes continuous fighting. We are still fighting it as I speak; I can hear my toon moaning, yelling & triumphing as she hits it. So I'm hoping that killing this ONE spirit is going to somehow vanquish them all because if it's going to take half hour to an hour to kill all of the various attacking spirits around Nektulos Spire individually then I am questioning whether the worth of this offered house item Scroll could ever be worth it. As to the GLEESH coin = I could've earned 10 or 15 now just with the crafting quests in the same time period. Am rethinking this whole thing now but with the spirit's energy bar now down to about 10% only ... I shall continue fighting it!
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

You can't kill them until they turn agro on you so you can't attack them from range. Walk up to one and once it hits you you can hit it back,
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

So I've killed the first Thrashing Spirit attacking Nektulos Spire and it took well over half an hour for my Ceffyl Grazer Familiar, Fionia Vie Mercenary & my Level 110 Fury Ogre Gorralok Oggrok to take it down. Apparenlty you have to kill 3 Thrashing Spirits attacking Nektulos Spire to win this = 5 GLEESH Marks & a house item Scroll. When my fighting powers all run out which is happening, I shoot it with my crossbow bolts. Fionia Vie is very excellent mercenary! She has been on this since the beginning and is the reason it is continuing and working. Yes I do take breaks @ Twitter & here whilst my fighting powers replenish too .. but my character Gorralok does keep on some sort of fighting attack while I am not there .. I can hear her shouting right now.
    I've had PLENTY of time to Time this attack .. began the 2nd Thrashing Spirit, which automatically began attacking Fionia & myself @ 4:35 AM. By 4:20 AM we had it's fighting power line down 85%. At 4:50 AM it's fighting line turned yellow.
  5. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Thank you Tkia for that advice. It is still a heckuva fight! The second one did attack us first so there was no choosing which to engage @ that point. Am still continuing to fight the 2nd Thrashing Spirit which is now @ 5:10 AM @ about 20% energy in the red remaining. I expect that we will take it down soon .. within the next 10 minutes or so. And probably then a third will choose us and attack. I am hoping so. Don't know which of the 5 remaining Thrashing Spirits still attacking the Nektulos Portal that I'd next choose to attack. But certainly we are all in now & gonna finish this thingie!!!
  6. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

The 2nd Thrashing Spirits energy llne is dark red now @ 5:10 AM with about 10% fighting energy line remaining. I did not mean to chronicle this entire battle and lord knows I've never done this before .. imagine if the whole boards were filled with nothing but accounts of battle raging! .. but I don't believe that I've ever had an EQ2 battle take this long in my life. I didn't even know they could last this long. I really credit my great Mercenary Fionia Vie with the continuing victory in this battle because she is the one bringing it to this mob and never letting up. Good girl Fionia! Well worth her salt. YIKES .. just as I was complimenting Fionia the Thrashing Spirit took her out even though I was continuing with all the group heals I as a Fury could muster. Oh well, it's power dark red line is about down to 7% now so I'll finish it off alone & hopefully recall Fionia Vie my Mercenary to me side again before the next & third Thrashing Spirit attacks or that one will be a very LONG battle indeed. I must be ready & quick when this mob falls!
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

These fights are not that hard. If you're 110 go and mentor down to 105 and see if that helps. Sometimes there is an issue with event mobs scaling to a max level range which mentoring will avoid. Although I don't remember any testers reporting issues at 110. Certainly it was fine for me at 100.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  8. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Oh wow, well I can't stop now! I don't how to mentor down except with those Chronographer people. My friend Najek
    who tried to help me but couldn't because she didn't have the quest was attacking another Thrashing Spirit, has logged out. But my hubby is awake now & he is bringing Gorralok's hubby Gorelokz Oggrok to help her. He is a fighter type and much more powerful as Gorra at a Fury is. So hopefully we can get this Quest done. I told him about leveling down to 105 or 100 from Level 110 but I don't think he's doing that. Wowzer, that's why it's taking so incredibly long? I didn't know you could ever be too highly powered to complete a quest; it should just be like butter if you are above level for the task!!!
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

Just fast travel to the bell in Greater Faydark and the Chronomage is right in front of you.
    Hartsmith and WhysperWynde like this.
  10. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

WELLZER WELLZER WELLZERS!!! FINALLY after my Paladin Character Level 110 Gorelokz Oggrok joined Level 110 Fury Gorralok in killing the second one, actually I had to abandon my 2nd Thrashing Spirit @ a sliver of about 7% left of dark red power line and we both got attacked by 2 other Thrashing Spirits after we grouped with his Mercenary Skando Eyespot & my Mercenary Fionia Vie and then we much more quickly killed the last 2 Thrashing Spirits we needed to and the rest vanished.

SOOOOO I have just experience something in EQ2 that to my way of thinking SHOULDN'T BE! We work very hard to elevate our characters to the highest possible level, make them as deadly in a fight and as powerful as possible, sometimes pay money to buy a higher level AND now = ONLY TO FIND THAT WE ARE TOO HIGH POWERED TO DO A QUEST IN ANY REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME??????? NOPE!!! The game SHOULD NOT work like that! If you are higher powered than your adversary they should be as BUTTER to you.
  11. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Thanks Tkia, didn't need to do it. Perhaps you then can tell me how to Restore to full level after you've reduced it at Chrongrapher? One of my 3 Kerran Characters Khajiinet has lowered all the way down from Level 100 to like 25 or something low like that for some reason that I don't remember now = just going to the past on an adventure I think. So now she's done and has been moofing around @ Level 25 for awhile now because I don't know how to restore her level back to 100. Can you help me by telling me how? She tried back a Chronographer but they didn't seem to offer the restoration of level.
  12. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

In my last above post I meant to say my HUSBAND'S Paladin Character Gorlokz Oggrok. It took the two of us together as a group with both our mercenaries .. his Skando Eyespot & my Fionia Vie to take down 2 last Thrashing Spirits.

I'd like any Developer who wants to tackle it to tell me WHY should we bother to raise our characters to a high level, sometimes buying that with actual money, ONLY to find that if they are 'overpowered' then they cannot finish a simple quest alone? WHY? Why is this? It just doesn't seem right to me = either let them be the power that they've earned regardless of what level they are fighting OR just make it where too High a level cannot engage in a Low level quest at all. Simple end of story.

These Thrashing Spirits that we were fighting seemed to level to the fighters level whatever that may be; so don't penalize the fighter with an unending battle! That took me over an hour to clear Nektulos Spire & wouldn't hav happened at all if hubby hadn't joined me in the fight.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

It doesn't. I've already explained that it's a potential bug, how to test for it and how to work around it if so. Just follow the instructions to deal with it as continued venting in all caps isn't going to fix anything for you.

And to restore your level right click your character and select 'unmentor'. And next time you run into a problem like that I highly recommend you try a keyword search (in this case. 'mentor' or 'unmentor') on either the forums or wiki to find your solution.
  14. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

OK thanks Tkia. Glad I know how to Unmentor now. A simple Right Click .. who would think of that in a game. If there is a bug then the game isn't working right is it? If typing in ALL CAPS relieves my tensions then I will do it. I know it is akin to cussing and sooo .....
  15. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say? Were you trying to fight something that hadn't gone aggro yet?
  16. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

No MM. I was doing the quest given by Lusiri A'Fahmi of Deepwater Circle who stands off to the right a ways from the easier 5 Crafting Quest Givers in Teren's Grasp in Kylong Plains; the quests for GLEESH Marks. It tells you to check the Spire Portal of Everfrost which is fine and then the one in Nektulos Forest which is being attacked by Thrashing Spirits of which you must kill 3 to banish them all. It took me over an hour with my hubby joining at the end to finish 3 off, talk to the guy who commanded the spirits and get back to Lusiri for my reward. Tkia says that it shouldn't be that hard & that the reason was my Level 110 was too high for the quest & that I should've stopped fighting and gone to the Chronomage in Qeynos and mentored my level down to 105. Which as I found out when hubby joined would have cancelled all the fighting I did against Spirit #2. My complaint is that I don't think we should have a cap like that on being able to finish a quest at any level; certainly not when you work hard or pay to get the highest level. That is what happened, get it?
  17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

what do you mean by "cap" on your last post? Also, not sure what you mean by paying to get the highest level means for this thread.

Not being able to kill those mobs quickly usually means you didn't have enough dps for them. The work around for that would be to chronomentor so you'd theoretically be outleveled to the mob. Tkia was correct in suggesting that.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

If it is what I think it might be it's a problem that happens sometimes with scaling content not scaling correctly for the latest max level. It crops up repeatedly in the test forum when we're testing. Mentoring down just 1 level would get you around it but the options are in 5 level increments so you need to go down 5 or more.

Problem with this one is that if this is the issue I'd expect it to be happening at 120, not 110, as that's the current cap. And I know it was tested at 120. I also haven't come across anyone else reporting problems at 110, either during testing or on any live servers since Tuesday.
  19. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I'm a level 110 Ranger. I have the same problem. It was taking about 12-15 minutes to kill each one. I just put on Auto Attack and had the Merc attack it. I was able to do the quest since there was only three to kill.

There is a problem with the scaling not doubt. I shouldn't be taking that long to kill a monster that is my level. I can barely damage them. I just switched to another lower level character and used them to farm the coins. I assume that using Mentor and going down a bunch of levels would work as well. It's a problem for sure but I just worked around it.

Like many broken things I'm pretty sure it's not going to be fixed. Like the TS using rares first these things are brought up during TEST and never fixed. I guess we have to find work around for all the problems. Try to use Mentor and I think you will be able to kill them pretty fast.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  20. Kari Well-Known Member

It seemed fine at 120, so the issue may be limited to 110. I accidentally did the quest in my crafting outfit, which has none of the stats expected at level 120, and things died within a few minutes.
    WhysperWynde likes this.