key chances

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by q-ruf, Dec 16, 2015.

1. q-ruf Member

since channeler is my main now and i dont have last expansions ethereal bow i feel the strong urge to get the mythical bow from umbrite chests...

i was ondering what everyones chances fot the different keys are.
    i am over 700 keys in and the plat-key chance seems close to 10% while i only had a single umbrite key...
    other people tell me they had 3-6 from 150 to 200 keys.

what i am wondering is, are those peolpe very lucky or do i have a streak of bad luck?
    so can people who also opened 500+ keys please comment on their rates...
  2. Anfis Member

im well over 1000 keys 11 umbrites and like 30ish plat keys and 7 of the umbrites were the charms, 2 rings and 2 legendary items that suckd
  3. Allsor New Member

I have now 8x golden Ring of Combat and 3x Pandoras Portmanteau.
    I do not feel like it anymore
  4. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

So, my main is a channeler too and as a mythical item a received a wand from the umbrite chest !
    Of course cant use it unless i want to be a totes handicapped healer !
    Thanks DBG !
  5. q-ruf Member

thanks for that info!!!
    i will now hand in my keys with a scout.
    probably would have instantly ragequit and never looked back if that happened to me after all the keys i farmed.
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

Your scout could get the throwing ranged also, so you're still in with a chance of getting the wrong one.

Channelers and Rangers can get screwed
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Remember that umbrite is supposed to be ultra rae, plat is supposed to be mostly rare.
    Kittybock likes this.
  8. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

The focus wand is also a no-trade, pretty sure bow is too, so cant even give it to an alt .... :(
  9. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

And yea exactly cause they are ultra-rare and no-trade it should be something i could use !
    Not something utterly useless for my class !
    Mermut likes this.
  10. q-ruf Member

it happened it actually just happened -.-

i feel worse about all the time i wasted then anyone should for playing a game... when i should feel like winnig the lottery
    i cant belive it...
  11. Sylke Well-Known Member

790 keys opened
    702 Gold (88.86%)
    76 Platinum (9.62%)
    12 Umbrite (1.52%)

10 Pandora's Portmanteau
    2 Golden Ring of Combat

:(
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Now that's closer to being a meaningful sample size. That would give us something like 90% gold, 9% platinum, and 1% umbrite as the underlying percentages, possibly.
    Kittybock likes this.
  13. q-ruf Member

800 keys in i am at 0.25% umbrit...
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

And so far (other than the one altar) the loot from the Plat Keys has been horrible.
    Pixilicious and DoomDrake like this.
  15. Wurm Well-Known Member

I just used 15 gold keys... 10 of them gave me "Radiant Spellweaver's Gussets"

Yesterday was pretty much the same thing.

I'm using the gold key gear to make infusers but still that one piece of gear is the one I get most of the time.
  16. Sylke Well-Known Member

Yeah, it seems the gold key armor rewards are limited to specific ones (rather than any of the available ones). I've stopped clicking the gold chest because it's annoying to have to salvage all that gear one-by-one (but with 3 clicks per salvage).
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

That's what I said from much smaller sample :)
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

120 keys
    8 platinum - all crap, semi useful altar
    1 umbrit - golden ring of combat (haha I hope nobody surprised?)

My personal impression
    about 8-13% comes in plat
    about 0.8-1.3% comes as umbrit
    To guaranty get those %% best is open big stack 25+ keys at once better 100-200 at once (I seen this type of randomization gen in different flash game)
    To get different type of time from chest you need to wait at least 30 second to open chest again if you constantly grind same chest none stop to WILL get same item
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

How you open these still does not matter. It's the same random roll every time. But wear your unwashed lucky socks if the superstition makes you feel good.
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that.