Keep falling down in Throne of Fear

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Zvxii, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

in the Group zone they just have me(my Ranger that is) sit just outside the door and range the named while they take care of the rest.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

That I believe is what most groups do lol. You are supposed to prevent the adds but just like a high-end raid in EM-content... the script can be ignored.
  3. Pauly Well-Known Member

spring boots.. jump to center, then jump to other side.
  4. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I agree with Mae, my issue is jumping too long. If I've got any kind of runspeed boost on me, I always go crashing to my death.

I fight this in the doorway of the room before doing any jumping, just using ranged and the red colored item you get to kill bosses in those zones (the name of which I can't remember without seeing it). I don't do any jumping while fighting, and the adds will come to you. The chest in the middle has never ever been anything but another round blue item that I have 500 of already, so I don't even go open that. Unless I've been missing a chance at an Ethereal or something, it's just not worth it.

I do the jumping from the ledge going left. Jump the first couple, then take time to change your orientation and direction and jump the last two. Jumping from the one closest to the ledge in the other hall is easy. For some reason, these jump points are easier to do than if I do the jumps from the ledge then going right.

I ignore the center jump to open the box. Plavem's suggestion of using "W" to move forward and the spacebar, while guiding yourself with the mouse, is the way to do it. I can do this, and I have historically been really bad at jumping. Maybe it's all that time spent in GW2..idk...
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

You can always /summon_chest after you get to the other side.
  6. Gneaux Active Member

He's not the only one who has problems jumping in this room. I have problems on pretty much all my toons, simply because I'm just that uncoordinated. However, I am dreading hearing of the frustration this room will cause one of my guildies who, because of an actual physical medical issue only has use of one hand. I wish dev's would take that into consideration when they create these dungeons, or scenarios. They create a barrier that don't allow some people with actual physical handicaps to not be able to enjoy the content, or just get frustrated to the point they won't go back to it.
    Kraeref and Arielle Nightshade like this.