Keep falling down in Throne of Fear

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Zvxii, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Zvxii New Member

I keep falling down in Throne of Fear: Ascension (Advanced Solo) in the room around (-157, -24, 41) when doing the quest "And His Name Is...".
    It sounds stupid, but I just CAN'T jump over those platforms. I have died about 10 times jumping in the room lolz.
    How to pass the room? Just keep trying or there is a new way? Please help, thank you!
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Well, just land on the solid ground, not air ^^ will work as it has worked for me.... and sry about that, there is no way around and i do don´t like the passage.... didn´t count how many times i drop there ^^
  3. Luhai Active Member

Well, the best advice I can give you is to get more speed to jump farther, either by using totems or by doing the TSO quest for the Bogstrutter Walking Stick (35% higher speed).
  4. mague Active Member

Dont fight on plattforms, but ranged. Once the room is clear any glide helps. Either you are a fae or you have the cloack of the harvester. I play a fae and its easy :p SoW or any other speedbuff helps too.
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Oh, well, i do have problems with this room even today, with my arasai and gliding ^^ you allway can glide a bit to far ^^ (or short ^^)
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Kinda funny considering the strategy for the Planar Manifestation is supposed to be platform hopping to the add-spawn platform to prevent them from spawning. His script is not working fully lol. Yes though you need about 20-35% run speed at least to reasonably make those jumps.
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Even my dwarf can make it :eek: Mybe a arasai will taken by some side winds :p
  8. Tylia Well-Known Member

Use your movement keys to control your glide and where you land. If you notice you are going too far forward, use the back movement key. Practice out in a safe area, jumping from one thing to another and using the keys to control your glide.
    As for that room, I have found that going around the left side to be easier than the right, but that's my opinion. ;)

EDIT: My advice was for a fae/arasai race or someone with a floaty cloak. The same thing applies to jumping though. You can control your jump with the movement keys. If you are landing short of the next platform, try starting your jump closer to the edge of the one you are jumping from. Look for the point on the platform that is the closest to the next platform. And take your time. ;)
  9. Plavem Active Member

I can't believe you people are actually wasting your time on trying to explain to someone about how to jump.

Im sorry where are my manners.

Please try this.

Press W until you start to move forward right before you reach the end of the platform hit spacebar and use your mouse to guide your character to the designated spot in which you would like to land. I know its hard and made take lots of practice but I have faith in you young padawan.
  10. Tylia Well-Known Member

So many of your posts are so rude and condescending. There is nothing wrong with being helpful to someone who has taken the time to come to the forums and ask for advice and tips. Seriously.. if it bothers you so much, why do you "waste your time"?
    Rael and Kraeref like this.
  11. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Perhaps he got plenty of time to waste, well...... count me in too ^^ i actually should work not post, but whatever ^^
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

Even if the question "seems" stupid remember the adage

"There is no questions too stupid to ask. Only those who will ridicule you for asking. A fool remains silent"

This room causes issues for many and Tylia is right. This person came here to ask help on the forums in case there was something he was missing.
    Tylia likes this.
  13. Foretold Well-Known Member

Because Plavem is so much better than the rest of us /sarcasm. This is where the ignore feature comes in handy.
    Kraeref, Tylia and Kalderon like this.
  14. Plavem Active Member

Im not better or worse, but there is such thing as a stupid question, a question in which you already know the answer. If the OP knows how to jump then he has his answer.
  15. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Oh, let me state this " There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers ". You know? ^^
    He was not asking how to jump, btw, he asked if there is a way around :eek: But i gues you notice this too, long ago, i bet ^ ^
    Tylia and flameweaver like this.
  16. Tylia Well-Known Member

Well apparently he didn't feel he had the answer, because he came here looking for advice and tips. You know, being rude is a form of bullying, and that is not acceptable behavior. Maybe you should try being friendly and helpful once in a while! You make a lot more friends that way.

To the OP, I apologize for this thread getting off topic. There is some good, helpful advice in this thread. Just ignore the trash talk. ;)

EDIT: (And if you are a "she", I apologize for calling you a "he". :p)
    flameweaver likes this.
  17. Mae- Well-Known Member

My problem here isn't jumping too short but jumping too LONG. And I don't use glide of any form. When I first jump into the first platform, I have to start the jump very early or I jump right over it. Same with all the jumps that occur to a lower platform. For me, the easiest way to do it is to jump to the first platform, then on on either side. Stop and kill the named (you can melee him from those platforms). Then jump to the middle, go across to the opposite corner, and jump on that platform, which should be the one next to the final one. This makes it so much easier for me.

That being said, I do really really REALLY hate having to Mario through that room. There should be ramps that appear once the named is dead (yes I understand that the risk of falling is part of the fight) because that jumping is straight up annoying.
    Tylia likes this.
  18. Kalderon Well-Known Member

If you time right, you can pass the room in about 3-4 hoops, but it´s tricky and it did not work everytime for me.
    It´s like, one left, middle, upfront right and you are almost through.
  19. Tylia Well-Known Member

Jumping to the middle always gives me problems for some reason. I may have to practice that route in a cleared zone though, as it is a lot less "jumps" than following around the outside. I also hate the "Mario" aspect of that room.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

Go in with a conji who has CoH or a veteran of any class with CoV who can jump.;)

that is what I do. I"m known in my circle of friends and guild mates as the most jumping impaired person they've ever seen. although there have been a few times I managed to jump my way to the otherside.

unfortunately if you don't' have a conji or someone with the CoV vet reward you need to keep trying I do that when I do'nt have either