Kaladim TLE Server - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Goldoph New Member

The local towns are not available (Baubleshire) still or am i missing something...if they are closed any idea on when they will be open?
  2. Nilyana Active Member

They are there on Kaladim right now. They will be available on live servers sometime in the future.
    Siren likes this.
  3. Reko New Member

I just subed for this server and i cant find it?
  4. Keelinn Member

Set your region to US then it's event servers I believe.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The event server is the PvP server. This server is US region and then you select Progression.
    NayomaeAB and Siren like this.
  6. Keelinn Member

I stand corrected :) Couldn't remember even though I rolled a toon on it!
    Siren and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Did you join Court of the Blood Rose? Hmmmm?
  8. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Thank you so much @Sigrdrifa. So now the date has arrived and I hate to appear so dense, but I've never been on a TLE server before. So could somebody please tell me how to physically/virtually enter this server? I really don't understand how I arrive at the Kaladim Server to begin. When I hit the tool image at the bottom of the opening game screen I can click on servers and it shows me that Kaladim is there and that its traffic is heavy. But I don't know how to enter that Kaladim Server. When I log into game it just takes me to my regular Skyfire Server and my 12 toons on it. Please someone help me get to Kaladim ...
  9. Shran New Member

Select Create Level 1 Character. Click on the Progression Card looking icon and hit Create Character below that. Select Archetype and Class and hit next. Select Race and Gender and hit next. Fix your appearance how you like it and hit next. You will see which City you are in which is either Queen's Colony or Overlords Outpost depending on what kind of character you picked and hit next. Enter a name and move your cursor over the Kaladim server on the right and hit play. Should land you on the boat.
    Momo, Dude, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  10. Sounson Active Member

So I made it to level 2 before the toxic general chat full of attention seekers making random political and offensive statements looking for anyone they can to bite before I logged right back out. It really is like it's 2004 all over again!
    Goodtiger and Breanna like this.
  11. Shran New Member

LOL just put the general chat in a small box in the corner and laugh at it. Don't let it ruin your fun.
    Bekkr and Breanna like this.
  12. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Or do what I do, and turn it off as soon as I arrive on the boat.
    Breanna and Shran like this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My experience is that you can /ignore ~10-12 people who are toxic, and then General Chat is no longer a morass. Always press Y to open the Community window, and on the Ignore tab, add a note beside the people you have ignored so you know why (you might later want to remove them, or need to decide whether to group with them etc.)

I have a category I use for my notes, "Debate Team", that I use for the people who troll and the people who insist on feeding the trolls. I also /ignore people for racism, misogyny, and other bigotry, I don't want to see it (depending on what it is, I may also /petition). And here lately I have "Politics" for people who refuse to go talk in a politics-oriented chat forum somewhere rather than in-game (hoping I can get rid of a bunch of those /ignores by Frostfell, maybe).

General Chat does have some useful chat in it, if you can screen out the toxic stuff.
    Bekkr and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Elskidorr Active Member

I typically just hide General chat if I am not interested in what's being said because I hate ignoring permanently, but sometimes people do go too far.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

Chat sometimes gives me an excuse to eat popcorn :) I don't ignore either I just quit reading it when it gets too out of hand. I leave it on mostly because you can learn some things from it when people aren't being idiots.
    Momo likes this.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

General Chat is the worst on Kaladim that I've seen in a very long time. I mean there are a couple of folks that get on a roll occasionally on HoF, but nothing like the folks I've seen in chat on Kaladim. I almost decided the desire to help others in chat was not worth scanning through all the absolute garbage some of these people spew. Ignoring some helped some, but I still took a break from EQ2 to play a bit on the EQ1 TLE instead. Chat's a lot less awful.
    Bekkr, Siren, Grayven and 3 others like this.
  17. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Many thanks to Shran who helped me get into the Kaladim server. I now have a Keran named Khatana on Queen's Colony who is helping save the ghosts of soldiers right now. I thought that boat ride would never end!
    Rosyposy, Momo and Siren like this.
  18. Fangrim Active Member

More ******** from the rats mouth, People moved to other servers, I did over 6000 quests on stormhold and so did Padlina, The current leader on SH left there was probably around 40 - 50th
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Oh my , I just went into those famous villages in Freeport. It was interesting walking through there without getting
    attacked around every corner, but man who would want to live there.
    I have seen the villages in Qeynos and I have to say , now that's a place I would like to live in.
    Either way I never understood why it matters once your inside your home it's the same where ever you hand up your coat and take of your boots.
    Siren, Xianthia, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

Ok let's use your guesstimate. So the 40-50 you claim + the prior 30 that were ahead of Adonilol. So a total of 70-80 players over the course of the server did a lot of quests. I hate to break it to you, but that still fits right into what he was saying.

"This leaves the aforementioned argument, of most people playing to just level and do things that better their character, not repeat another fetch/retrieval quest that offers no rewards.

Continue on arguing, because logic and facts apparently mean nothing here.