[Item Request] - Glass Tile

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Senya, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Senya Well-Known Member

I'd really love to have a glass tile, minus all the smoke. The Misty Fog Tiles, Vampire Mirrors, and Ice Tiles are ok substitutions for glass, but I know there's a texture already in game that would work better. The pane of glass in these display cases are textured, but still very clear, no smoke/fog, and are not quite as frosty and hard to see thru as the ice tiles are.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Geden, suka, Taysa and 3 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And they don't have the "current" that the Water Tiles have, I take it...good choice.

I know exactly what to use for making proper glass tiles/windows/doors/stained glass/etc.! New carpenter recipes for each Tier using the appropriate Loams, ably provided by the new Loam node soon to be created (I hope, I hope, I hope, especially after going through the hell that is Tinkering to 25 [actually, 20 to 25 is fine, whereas 5 to 20 sucks nuclear warheads])! :D

And if folks other than Carpies and Tinkerers whine about "cherry-picking," there's always the docks quest givers in places like Thundering Steppes...just wish the dork there would accept Fish as well as stuff from the Dens and Shrubs. :-/

Uwk
    Geden likes this.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Well I can say currently only SOE can fill this order. Player Studio Artists can't use transparency masks that would be needed to achieve that effect.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Afista Well-Known Member

That is a perfect example for the texture to reuse as a glass tile. +1 !
  5. Meadbh Member

Another vote here for Glass Tiles - I have been wanting these forever now. Also tinted ones would be awesome too - pale blues/reds/greens, etc.

GLASS TILES PLEASE !!!! :)
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.....please make a glass tile. So many different uses for a glass tile. :D
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Made with Loams from their own nodes! :D

Uwk
    owner of an alt by the last name of LoamySoils'Now ;->
  8. Sharann Well-Known Member

Yes yes yes please glass tiles!!! Fed up with the Vampiric mirrors ;)
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw. ;->

The main issue I have with them is the limited use of the recipe; every year, I do that gods-awful Haunted Mansion in Loping Plains, and the only reward I've ever gone for is that scroll. Most of my many toons have at least one, and all of them say "You've already scribed this" so I have a ways to go, but still. I find them entirely too useful for the projects I have on the burners now, but that may change in the future, so I can understand where folks are coming from. ;->

Uwk
  10. Taysa Well-Known Member

Is +1ing allowed here?

Eh, whatever. +1. I, too, am tired of using vampiric mirrors, and ice tiles. Not to mention the vampiric mirror has that fugly frame.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, but for some uses (even making tanks, etc.), the frame works well. ;->

Though I, too, will +1 (yep, we can do that; it's just more acceptable to add in a bit more text than just the number ;->) the idea of more glass recipe options...especially if they require Loams to make! Loam Nodes now! ;->

Uwk
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Yes, please.
  13. Brujita Member

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE glass tiles. They could be used in a zillion ways and I would be SO HAPPY. Please Devs, some glass tiles pretty please :)
    Geden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Kamoj Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, mass combine works on the vampiric mirrors, and only uses a single charge on the mass combine....
    Geden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Karrane Well-Known Member

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. suka Well-Known Member

we carpenters get to use loams? what recipes are these please. I must be missing out on something
  17. suka Well-Known Member

Please tell me, what carpenter recipes use loams? i am always looking for more recipes. I need to know where to get them, but i want these recipes.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

now you've done it :) i can't play until i look up every loam and find the recipes they are used in for carpenters. so far i am finding only candles and fireplaces. hopefully i find more.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

hehe- kk this is what i found so far. Loam is used by carpenters to make candles and hearths- fireplaces. The jewelers get to make glass and they use loams to do it. We need carpenter recipes similar to the glass recipes jewelers use but for placeable items. and please don't put this in station cash- give us recipes. we want to make them- in bulk - not buy them.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorry for being confusing; I suggested them as new recipes (believe me, I'd jump at the chance, too!), not that the Carpies have 'em yet. But, new recipes for each Tier would be invaluable! ;->

But if/when we ever get them that way, it's more ammunition to having separate Loam Nodes! :D

I suggest "Loamy Soils"...and if other mining nodes tend to be found slightly more often around already existing rock/stone/cliff/mountain/etc. features (not that I've noticed, actually; it was a lot more useful in WoW), perhaps these could be found closer to water features, like on the river banks or something. Li'l mounds, like they often have for quest-specific things. ;->

Uwk
    who also suggests just moving them to the softer metal (Stone) nodes, with the soft metals, and moving things like nice hard gemstones to the nice hard metal (Ore) nodes...only logical (still, it would be best to have Loam nodes all on their own). ;->
    suka likes this.