It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Feb 7, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aliscious New Member

At the risk of making a request in the guise of a question, would it be possible to change familiars so they obey the "/pet hide" command after zoning? The other pets stay hidden after zoning, but familiars don't so when you try to hide them after zoning, the other pets unhide. Thanks!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Stardrama Member

Can a feature be added to name our hot bars? I have at least 6 hot bars active on my higher end toons at all times. With the new familiars, etc. I need a newer bar more & more. I know they are numbered, 1, 2, 3, etc., but that's hardly supportive. I set up one hot bar for "attack", another for "dps", another for "until canceled", another for "heals & cures" etc., you get the idea. We can name our bags. Could we name our hot bars too?
    Saw-Lau and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Stardrama Member

What is the reason for the "event" slot just above ammo. I have yet to find anything that equips there. I thought it would be a perfect slot for a torch or lantern, but no. Must be a reason for it?
    Saw-Lau and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Stardrama Member

Are the Devs planning on splitting the Maj'Dul Server soon? The server count says the volume is heavy, but I can't see it. Where is everyone? I had a heck of a time finishing the 'romance' flower thing this year. As it is, not all my toons get to play, just not enough time or people. I wind up hanging around bells, banks, crafting areas just to nab some people. Had some trouble trying to "flower" a few "anonymous" players. Is that a thing?
  5. Twyla Well-Known Member

So, is the plan for the future more of what we've gotten lately? Do the sig lines, the overland/extra quests must be done during the sig lines, then grind? While I don't mind spending status for certain things, is the plan going forward to charge massive amounts of status for things; while the daily crafting (usually the best way to get status) remains low-there was no increase in it this last xpac like there was for most prior ones. Will there be more little fun quests or should we all plan on being raiders? Will the no-trade, no depot, no value items continue? I would like to be able to put things in storage for "just in case maybe I'll need it later" but can't since most things (from overseers especially) are no trade no depot now.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Question(s) for the devs:

Why do we need DirectX 11.1 on our machines? Who asked for this among the player base? There are some folks who like it and are doing okay with it, but given the responses on the DirectX 11 Issues test forum, most of us are having problems with this, and many might actually leave outright if they think they can't play any more (and no, many can't afford to upgrade everything; my beloved desktop's hardware can't get 11.1 without upgrading the hardware, just 11 [= Minimum Requirements], and on my laptop with 12, the game isn't working there, either).

Why do we need to have the latest/greatest/etc. technology level to be able to play a 20 year old game? :(

Uwk
    Snowmoon, Thoreandan, Dude and 4 others like this.
  7. Ohhno Member

1. What is each Dev's favorite food?

2. Can we get racial cooking in this game similar to EQ1? Example; Hot and Spicy Toeling!

3. Do you tune current content off of groups/raids having the best items they could get the previous expansion that still work and are better than anything we have seen/gotten so far in the current expansion?

4. Is raid content still tuned based on Expert spells and current expansion gear?

5. Is Luclin like a giant Egg that is going to hatch one day in a future expansion letting the Sleeper out?

6. So what's up with Nagafen and his lady? She got all life/earthy instead of freezy and flew away like she didn't have a care in the world for her main lizard man that went through a whole lot of trouble to bring her back. Where are they for the story line?

7. Why isn't there an upgrade available for the collection neck that is at least sorta comparable to the RoR Contested purple shiny neck?

8. Can you add the ability to have mercenary appearance sorta like we can place a mount or familiar we want for appearance regardless of which we use for stats?

9. Will you have a concerted effort to update AA's. All classes have AA's that are no longer relevant at all with the level increases and game mechanics.

10. When will you update Deity altars abilities we can select from. Most have extremely little impact with their 30+ minute reuse.

11. Any plans to update ascensions? Ascensions that do damage are very weak. Don't want to see them go back to the days where ascensions completely ruled, but it would be nice if they actually hit for what they say they hit for.

12. Can we get the ability to do the artisan argumentations on current content harvesting stuffs?

13. Are there any plans to add more sexy outfits instead of bulky outfits?

14. Do you plan on adding more AAs in the future?

15. If a bear barks in the woods and no one saw it, but everyone heard it, does it make it a dog?

16. Can we get the Zakir Maedjinn as a playable race?
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Will we be getting back a World Bell (Voyage Through Norrath) in West Freeport? We used to have one there, and according to the city map, it still exists, right next to the Agnostic Dungeons Entrance. I for one wouldn't need it to be precisely there, it could even be right next to the current Freeport Bell (Travel Within Freeport), like all the other quarters in Freeport have it. :-/

I know the devs had said something about "a mistake," but if the "mistake" wasn't having one for us there in the first place, but in putting it where it was and then taking it away, I think the mistake could be rectified by placing the World Bell alongside the Freeport Bell. X-P

Uwk
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just noticed that I got had 400 darkpaw tokens about a month ago, and I have done many daily missions since and did not get anymore tokens, is there a limit how many you can get ?
  10. Virtuosity Active Member

When will we find out about the ruleset and implementation plan for the new TLE due in Jun?

And can you bring it forwards to ... tomorrow :)
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

no, don't you know every new TLE server is a TLE server killer
  12. volume Member

Q1.
    In Terrors of Thaumbra, and as well as Kunark Ascending, there was a rare portal that would spawn on a player while they were in the overland zone. The portal gave them access to a hidden zone that had ducks/ cows or trees and dropped a lot of rare items. Some players never got to see these zones.

- How exactly can we spawn these "hidden" duck/cow portals in Thalumbra and Obulus Frontier?

Q2.
    In the last expansion, Renewal of Ro, players were led to believe their epic spell NPC could be spawned by various methods, instead of waiting every 22 hours.

-How exactly can players spawn these NPCs?

Q3.

Back in 2020, the Reign of Shadows expansion included significant AA revamping.

- Why was rank 5 Tower of Stone AA changed to not have the effect that allowed the guardian to cast the Tower of Stone ability with no power ? Can the AA please be changed back to its original effect ? The no power casting effect had been associated with the AA since its release. Tower of Stone is a class defining ability and to this day not being able to cast it with no power has hindered the guardian useless in heroic and raid fights because the guardian can not reliably protect themselves.

-Why was the shoulder of burden AA transfer % changed from 16% to 15% ? Was 1% really game breaking ? Can the transfer amount please be changed back to 16%?
  13. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Thank you all for your questions! We will gather them all up, parse them out, and get some answers back to you in April!
    Jinksie, Kuulei, Breanna and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.