It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Feb 7, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jumjumbandito Active Member

1. Can we free the rogues? If an assassin can live in either faction, so should a swashbuckler.

2. Please remove the RNG from LoN season boxes. And unpack and choose item option would be nice. Perhaps an RNG version and a slightly more expensive "pick your reward" version?

3. Is there a timeline for when boosts will go to 125?

4. Will the cost of a Heroic (100) character be lowered at some point?
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

• Could you please come out with the lifetime membership again during Year of the Darkpaw?
    • Why is "Minty Green Baby Dragon" only a pet wand? Please make a bundle where you get a full set of PLUSHIES of each color you make of the baby dragons (not random but all) and also each color as solo purchase of baby dragon plushies.
    • Could you please make it easier to use the quantity field on marketplace? Right now, if you even try to change so it even to 2 items, it clears it and takes lots of tries to get it to stick. Also, why limit it to 10 if you are patient enough to get it to keep it quantity of 10.
    • Will we ever see a bigger house item expander to marketplace and/or can you make all prestige houses have the same item count as Court of the Masters house?
    • Will we ever see an increase in how many houses we can own even if it is something we have to purchase for entire account (not individual characters)?
    • Could you add option to purchase prestige houses for just one character or entire account (that is reasonable to afford)? Would be nice to have the price reduced on al the old housing and maybe make entire account getting deeds the current price of the houses.
    • Could you please make all prestige houses available all year long instead of just during a holiday since all of them have been out many years? This would include LoN, loyalty merchant, and expansion (City of Mist, etc.) houses available on marketplace.
    • Will you ever make it so you can gift someone the expansion without buying the Family & Friends version? It would be cool to be able to make it a prize for decorating contests or just helping out a friend that cannot afford getting collector's version to get the prestige house.
    • Could you please remove special coin requirement and use regular old plat on merchants you can buy house items (make them easy to buy full stacks)? I don't want to go to old content and have to grind to get those house items on all servers.
    • One person asked about being able to set the size of all text, could you also include making stuff you are typing in chat window be the size text it is set too...currently it is really hard to see what I am typing even with huge monitor.
    I was really excited when the prelude didn't take massive time sink to get most house items since I want to be able to decorate on all servers. I was ready to cry when you made a bunch of house items researchable and have to do for every single house item over and over. I am already overwhelmed with how much you require for Year of Darkpaw. There are currently 3 quests for adventures which required doing sig line and be max level. Really feeling like a job not a game. How will I ever be able to decorate anything (which means more money in your pocket for marketplace house items, expansions, deeds, etc.) if all I get to do for entire year is grind to get the house items from all the merchants for Year of Darkpaw? I would spend more time in game if there wasn't such a huge time sink on stuff everything going on.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

could we please get wigs for our toons, I got a head piece for one of my Ratongas with black hair and snakes,
    ( it looks really good ), so wigs are doable.
    I wished I could link a picture of her.
  4. Skarltar Member

• Could you let us know if you have any strategies to attract old players back to the game or new players to try it out? There are a lot of opportunities to attract more players and feel like the game does more to drive players away than attract them.
    • Would you ever consider adding a free trial (say maybe allow players to level to level 20 with a 2 character limit) for TLE servers? This might help attracting more people to the game who might be turned off by upfronting a sub or turned off by the sparse population at early levels in live servers.
    • Any chance of increasing voice acting in the game? Alternatively would you be open to even using AI voices if the cost is too much. So much dialog in the game and it would be wonderful to have voice overs again.
    • With the year of darkpaw (which is wonderful by the way), is there any efforts being made to grow the game or is the focus to keep long time players with continued lower budget expansions (I understand why they are lower budget) and TLP servers? I would love to see the game grow and perhaps attract new/old returning players to the game (It has plenty of potential for this).
    • I know this is mentioned above but are original classic servers a possibility and has the studio time boxed the work required to make that happen? What are the feasability/cost to achieve such a thing? If its too expensive/risky, have you considered crowd funding to achieve it? Wow Classic was a tremendous success for Blizzard and I am sure that you would attract more players with a true classic server than a TLP could ever do. With a good amound of promotion, I bet that you would have a tremendous success for this.
    • Are you able to go into any strategies or information for/about the future of the game? I know that a lot of people are turned off by massive wait to unlock time gate features. Being transparent and getting feedback from players about what we enjoy and what would keep us playing is worth more than just retention numbers. It will also likely increase player goodwill and enjoyment which will bleed into word of mouth marketing and draw players who lost patience with some of these featues.
    Juraiya, Carribea, Rargo and 3 others like this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

[Itemization/Mechanics] - With the apparent refusal to stop marking vendor items at tiers above where reasonable groups set their loot thresholds, thus making it impossible to set group options that filter the garbage loot and only show loot that we might actually care about, is there any chance we can have a real discussion about changing the group options/loot options and having a real quality of life change in that regard?

Being able to make changes to where players can set loot options for things like spell scrolls, recipe books, vendor trash, transmute stones, fertilizer, actual tiers of gear instead of tiers of items (no one in their right mind gives a crap about the fabled+ vendor fodder, but we do want to see fabled+ loot), being able to automatically deny Lore and Legend garbage, etc. This would be a HUGE quality of life update and the items are largely already flagged on your end, as far as I can tell.
    Juraiya, Carribea, SolarFaire and 2 others like this.
  6. Xavion Well-Known Member

• What is the current formula for harvest skill and what is the point of using harvest skill nails past cap? I have no clue if having 3k harvesting skill is even doing anything for rares or if it was capped out a long time ago for usefulness.
    • Will a ascension aa tree ever become a thing to bring back old adorn effects and buffs for them? would be really cool to have 4 new aa trees for each ascension
    • Will we ever see unique class based adorns or gear procs to customize our character further in builds like we use to in set adorns?
    • Why don't we have more interesting gear with unique procs and stats? we use to have them in the past but now it all seems to be the same bland uninteresting pieces that only are looked at for resolve. Can't we bring back cool equip effects unique stats and procs? I'd love to be able to hunt for some unique stat/effect gear
    • Can we ever get resistances/mitigations added to detect weakness? I see so many debuffs say "decreases elemental mitigation by 3,000" or " decreases physical mitigation by 500" but all i see is combat mit nothing else how am i suppose to know the impact of these debuffs if theres no info on the mobs
    • When a aa says "increases spell by a potency modifier of 3" does that mean its basically as if you added 3 potency to your stats? and if so why is this a thing on live servers when we are over 1mil+ potency? shouldn't all of these be converted to effectiveness if thats stronger?
    • Why can't we have all the stat adorns just merged onto gear as a unique gear pieces to chase or get?
    • Is it possible to ever see a revamped reforging system to allow more build freedom? maybe not so much a conversion but maybe a blank gear piece with resolve and potency and crit bonus and the last stat is a pickable one to put on it based off current 3 set types
    • Why can't dps mod and weapon bonus damage be merged into 1 stat? if its the same thing effectively
    • Why can't flurry and multi attack be merged into 1 stat and just add 2 extra hits to the flurry if its high enough?
    • Why can't we have auto attack stats affect combat arts and the non auto attack stats affect spells to make class typing be more focused? Ex: scout is melee so combat arts would be auto attack stat based
    • Will there ever be a class council similar to a raid council to help oversee what class balancing needs to be done to help speed up class balance as a whole?
    • Would the concept of adding aa point overcap ever be a possible feature to come? or items/gear/adorns that add aa points to certain nodes? would be pretty cool to get a adorn that gave me a class specific aa node cap increase or a adorn that gave me +1 to a aa node similar to how borderlands 3 had them for their skill tree where a item would add points to certain skills
    • Will we ever get rid of the pesky aa point requirement system so we can just spend points where we want? if each aa tree has a point cap why is it so taboo to just point into endline spells or skills if you want em
    Juraiya and Carribea like this.
  7. Larank New Member

May we please get some deep storyline quests in the expansions for solo/small group players. I love questlines that have a real story to them. Shard of Love is an example of a whole zone built around a storybook romance and lost love. Grind has its place. But sometimes we just like doing quests because they are beautifully created. Thanks
    Juraiya, Carribea, SolarFaire and 9 others like this.
  8. Melime New Member

1. It would be *FANTASTIC* to be able to hide things on the broker that are unusable (no matter what category) the way that one can do with merchants -- particularly spells, recipe books, and collectibles. Especially collectibles. :D

2. I know Varsoon (and perhaps the other specialty servers) are unique from Live in that we can trade/sell some of our overseer agents. Can you please add a search category to the broker to search for OAs, because the only way to do it now is either hunt/peck through hundreds if not thousands of 'search all' pages, or to know exact names and hunt by name. In fact, if there's a category of something, then that's a category that we should be able to use as a search parameter on the broker.

2B. Related: being able to search for armor etc. by EVERY stat. (Max HP is one people complain about a lot on Varsoon.)

3. I don't know why we can't sell tradeskill fuel back to merchants, but it would be swell to be able to do that, even if they sell back to the merchant at half buyer cost or even just a few cp. It particularly sucks when you accidentally buy a stack of pricy fuel that you can't use.

4. Are we EVER getting some fresh, fun, cute mount models? I think that's the thing I miss most from WoW - the wide variety of mounts (and achievements from collecting them, and being able to randomly display favorite mounts as 'skins' for whatever mount one is using).

5. Why does every zone not have a map? It really sucks 20 years on to *still* have to rely on outside apps to see maps in every zone. Hate to bring up WoW again, but one of my very FAVORITE things about WoW (and one of its VERY best features) vs EQ2 is that EVERY zone has a map - it's occluded until you actually visit that part of the map, and then it shows up on the map. :confused:

6. Any chance on TLE servers that veterans rewards can be compressed to a timeline that represents the expansion releases for accounts that have actually been around as long as it took to release a given expansion? The vast majority of /claim veteran rewards are cosmetic or some xp potions (which are buyable from the market anyway).

7. Will we ever have the ability to "paint" our character home walls/ceilings/floors? (Kind of like in original EQ where you could "dye" your armor)

8. Why are harvested food 'rare' items so so so SOOOOO rare compared to other 'rare' harvestables? They don't even get rewarded via overseer quests like every other rare harvestable. Like you could literally spend 2 hours clearing a zone of nodes, get several of each rare except the food one, which you would be very lucky to even get one of. :oops:

9. It would be awesome to see more class-specific armor looks that absolutely cannot be worn by any other class, even as 'wardrobe'/appearance items. You see a player wearing ___, you know they're a troub or SK or monk, etc. (Other than just the epics.) But they need to be truly unique, not just a piece of armor other people wear and have its color changed. Not necessarily for every possible level - but maybe a starter look, and then different colors/variants or more elaborate every 20 or 25 levels.

9B. Related - can the various kilts be made to look better on more races? They look bad on most races, and 9C. also related - Vah Shir have issues with various clothing articles (shoulder blades sticking through, etc). :confused:

10. This is actually a question that dates back to the original EQ: according to EQ lore, the Vah Shir are descended from the Kerrans, and they actually got stronger after being teleported to Luclin. If Vah Shir are cats - and they're a sub-species from the Kerran, who CAN track - then how come the Vah Shir are unable to track? o_O

Thank you & kiitos!
    Juraiya, Carribea, Rargo and 5 others like this.
  9. Aleksis Member

Why is there for all these ages not a single one rideable dragon as a mount in the game? And i mean a real dragon, not a wyvern or drake or drakota or something. Such like the "reveal inner dragon" just as a rideable mount instead of an illusion. And for all: if you dont know the difference between a wyvern and a dragon just google it and yes, it is a level of petty nitpicking. I would like to see a quest such like the first flyable griffon where you raise the dragon as a pet until it is grown up enough to be rideable.
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

When will there be a Chrono Weeky Quest that could be finnished?

You really killed the chrono fun removing all possible ways to do this atm
    A lot of players (including myself) did not do any chrono dungeons for weeks because they are no fun anymore and the efford rised much too much
    Rargo and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Majji New Member

Could we get another Hero's Week? Maybe in the spring?
    Carribea likes this.
  12. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Could we get the 2 week holidays last 3 weeks please !
    Aenvar, Juraiya, Carribea and 4 others like this.
  13. ForgottenRunner New Member

Returning player here - brought back a crew of friends and we are loving it! One thing I would like to see is the return of Nagafen on the live servers. I understand PvP is not everyones cup of tea and the TLE server versions probably dont hold the long term appeal for community building. Battlegrounds. Anything really XD
  14. ForgottenRunner New Member

Real 4k support? Addons are great but I do love the normal game interface.
    Siren, Saw-Lau and GrunEQ like this.
  15. Victisa Active Member

1. bigger player made bags?

2. Unlimited houses we can own.

3. Raise mount limit we can carry on our persons?

4. Larger house item expanders?

5. Pick and choose LON rewards rather then random?

6. Dye Packs so we can change our clothing color please.. that would be so cool?

7. More fur options for ratonga's, kerra, vah shir, etc?

8. More personal bank room / house vault?

thank you
  16. lostinIL New Member

1) Can we get depots to store horse patterns or let the harvest depot hold these
    2) Can we get depots to store heirloom Overseer potions/temp adorns
    Juraiya, Edelphia and SolarFaire like this.
  17. Xavion Well-Known Member

• when are the aa trees for all the classes going to be updated? so many on shadow tree are so outdated for live
    • why does it take almost forever to get any aa fixes or updates done to them unless its a gu or a xpac release?
    • when will we ever get the rest of the aa trees updated like shadows,dragon,prestige? quite a good bit of stuff is still very outdated for live standards and is in a tle kind of stat set
    • can we please remove the locked barding slots and just auto unlock them? its really a pointless extra grind to have done for slot unlockers
    • can we get a exp nerf on celestial familars? the amount it requires is over 1mil and is way too much and not worth even leveling to get to 10
    • what happened to ballads of zimaras stated bonus exp for alts on finishing the sigline and it being 50% faster? so far there is no 50% bonus exp anywhere and the 4 bil xp vials should be free or worth way more as youd probly gain way more exp gettin thru sigline 2nd time with the 50% bonus
    • can we please get mercs allowed in old past expac raid zones?
    • can we remove the need to have to do old siglines to fly in old xpacs? its several annoying for alts to waste time doing a billion different sub quest and dungeons and sigline quests just to fly in a outdated old zone.
    • can we please unlock blueprinting for current ts sigline completion or make it accoutnwide instead of having to backtrack to vov for it?
  18. Moonshines New Member

Please bring back the inheritance vendors.

Please either make the overseer rewards able to be put in a depot or remove the heirloom aspect.

Please add more yearly rewards, some of them are really great and it would be fantastic to continue

Please step away from the nerf bat.... Please!

Can healer mercs actually heal... that would be great
  19. Zylara Well-Known Member

FIX VC CHAT

Tired of logging in saying i have voice channels but having to relog, tired of swapping toons just to have to relog to get vc back and its not just me but lots of others in guild and in general chat have mentioned it

Used to be I could log my other toon on my other acct and then swap out on the toon i was in chat with and id still be in chat on the other acct locked but now cant do that and alot of times it boots me from chat if i even log the other acct in at same time so i barely ever 2 box any more let alone go on an alt that cant get into my mains guild chat like i could previously
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is the Legendary Dev Who Hates Crafting in charge of this? :(

Uwk
    who knows folks who rage-quit over the nightmare that was the tradeskill questline (and other aspects) in the level 100-109 expac (Planes of Power?)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.