Issues with new forums

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Nastharl, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Coccinea_Maga Guest

-- No ability to change forum time from Pacific time zone. As much as I love ya'll over there on the West Coast, my brain doesn't always want/remember to convert it to the local time.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tooky_G Guest

[p]Oh, no spaces? Yay, I'm stuck with an underscore.:thumbdown:[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Tooky_G Guest

Oh and since I can't edit; I don't have just 3 posts, and I'm not in the Harbingers guild as the forum says.
  4. ARCHIVED-rkid Guest

Skipping the big obvious *cough* where's the edit button hiding*cough*. 1.) Link to eq2 players has taken a vacation. 2.) Not obvious where to go to log in. 3.) Radio buttons when chosing a handle to post under are confusingly located. (yep, I chose the wrong one with a 24 hour lock out on change) 4.) Default font size is a little small. 5.) Preview post button has gone out to lunch.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zephanor Guest

If we can't edit (and I've heard it's a ranking thing so once you read a certain level you can edit... which stinks since post count is reset when you change persona... lol!) Then I would at least like to be able to preview my posts! Oh well, I'm not too worried about it. As all forum transitions go there will be kinks to work out. We'll see how things are down the road.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

My handle seems to be changing back between Nolus/Nuhus when posting. strange
  7. ARCHIVED-Irras Guest

[p]Try clicking my signature for another issue.[/p][p]Is there a different html code I need to open it in a new page?[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Irras Guest

[p]I'm also not Irras from the Antonia Bayle server, nor am I an Explorer of Explorers of Norrath.[/p][p]Kinda weird. Looks like it's pulling info straight from EQ2Players based on your name.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

I've found around six problems with the forums: 1) I can't post as any of my characters (although I have a separate thread going to figure out if I'm just doing something wrong, or if I'm bugged). 2) No Mod Tracker. 3) I seem to lack the priviledges to view the Testing Feedback and Update Note pages. 4) If I reply to someone who is posting under a character's name, their server and guild info will appear under my name 5) No edit (this is very bad) 6) No preview post (and this is a thousand times worse)
  10. ARCHIVED-Kethaera Guest

Can't post as any of your Test characters, although that's probably Working As Intended [tm]. Snubbed again. :-( Also, is it just me, or are some of the smilies in the pop-up selection box duplicated?
  11. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Thing i miss most is the floating feature. Also the possibility to edit your posts is handy and should return.
  12. ARCHIVED-gm9 Guest

Wow, made a lengthy post, clicked on post, and it ate my post saying something about duplicate post submission - hello? I didn't post anything here yet! So forgive me if I'm not going to retype my constructive reply - I'll just join the OP in saying that the eq2players debacle should have told you something and give you a big /boggle!
  13. ARCHIVED-gm9 Guest

ever funnier is that you*can* apparently double post...
  14. ARCHIVED-Chefren Guest

I'm missing the ability to get a list of my own previously posted messages - there is no longer any such function in my profile. This used to allow me to quickly see if there had been activity in any of the threads I had posted in. Actually remembering the threads is too hard for my little brain :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Badaxe Bart Guest

[p]missing or not available, the link to our latest posted threads. Also,[/p][p]<<<<side sigs are somewhat confusing, they seem to be showing the same for the latest posters.[/p][p]Same for post count.[/p][p]Lots looking good too![/p][p] [/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Palleon Guest

[p]Yuck, I saw this design on the Vanguard forums last week and thought "oh dear, they need a proffesional looking forum like our beloved EQ2 ones, maybe I should suggest it" and then.. you go and copy theres?! [/p][p] This one looks cheap, badly designed, the fonts are bad, the graphics horrid and it feels a million miles away from EQ2. EQ2 is such a decent quality game it deserves better, and did have it till today.[/p][p]Big shame guys, you should have used the template from the EQ2 forums and used that on the new games, not the other way around. Very very sad indeed.[/p][p]This looks like it cost.. a few dollars? Even the free forums you get from places like Guildportal are better than this lol.[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Palleon Guest

[p]And huh?[/p][p] [/p][p]<--- ive never played on Runnyeye! [/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-gith Guest

I have chosen a forum handle instead of using my station name as I did before. Now I do not get my old post count I must start again :( anyone else get this?
  19. ARCHIVED-gith Guest

also when I chose my new handle Gith. It showed someone elses server and guild. Quite worrying. I am now using my character name, and this seems to be ok.
  20. ARCHIVED-gith Guest

Also, How come I cannot edit my own posts....