Issues with new forums

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Nastharl, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Nastharl Guest

Fonts are a bit small and the color scheme is hard to read. Edit is gone. The new post indicator has poofed (showing when there are new replies) Did the Upgradeâ„¢ of eq2players AKA Breaking it and removing lots of features, teach us nothing? Stop breaking working systems.
  2. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Let's not be so cranky. There are going to be a number of kinks to work out and I'd appreciate a polite listing (I do appreciate that yours is concise).
  3. ARCHIVED-Kasai Guest

[p]A few things I notice:[/p][p] Whenver I open a new Internet explorer window and come to the fourms, the color scheme is set to the DoF one and all the threads in all the fourms are marked as having new posts.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Zenithan Guest

[p]There appears to be no bookmark feature or display of bookmarked items[/p][p]Not getting notification of reply emails[/p][p]Avatars are not working for non admins[/p][p]Edit, where did it go?[/p][p]If the thread starter has their guild info shown it overrides everyone elses. See : http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=346615[/p][p]Eh, why orange?[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Nastharl Guest

Sorry Grim, A lot of things i liked about eq2players went away during the upgrade, and i absolutly love the forum community here. <--- Kneejerked some. A post somewhere saying whats new and cool would be nice though :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

Post counts = gone :O
  7. ARCHIVED-Nastharl Guest

Sorry for multiposting, reason obvious though. Fonts are ok once you're on the boards. The announcement saying let dust settle had dark text on a dark backround. DOF skinned forums makes things pretty easy to read again. Only small part is guild info on profiles.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zenithan Guest

Oh! Grim the posts you're making now are not showing up when you click Developer (the link that lists all the dev posts).
  9. ARCHIVED-Hollywood Guest

Confirmed, had to change my forum name, appear to have lost my post count.
  10. ARCHIVED-ZeyGnome Guest

[p]I'm gonna have to agree on the color schemes. They are bit bit harsh on the eyes. Maybe have a forum theme contest?[/p][p] The banners are all nice, just the fonts themselves are the problem. All this bright orange, and the reds, I swear, glow![/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Fringe Guest

[p]1. Where can I change the time displayed to my local time? I've looked but couldn't find anywhere to do so.[/p][p]2. Where did the Spell Checker go? This was too good of a feature to take a step backwards from.[/p][p]3. Post Preview?[/p][p]4. Just a note that the Announcement section has Black Text on a dark background so it's nearly impossible to read.[/p][p]Otherwise it looks rather nice. I'm sure with most changes in life it will just take a bit of getting used to. Once everyones settled in and the dust has cleared I would guess that the majority will find this to be a better setup than before.[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-ZeyGnome Guest

You know, I see the Standard EQ2, DoF, and KoS forum themes. Maybe the EoF forum theme can be done in a more sedate color scheme? Options are good. :XD:
  13. ARCHIVED-Fringe Guest

[p]Additions:[/p][p]5. Just to stress the point, not having the ability to Edit our posts kinda stinks.[/p][p]6. Where did the following information come from?[/p][p]Server: Antonia Bayle (Wrong) Guild: Shadow Guard (Wrong) Rank: Officer (Wrong) Joined: Feb 12, 2007 (Please tell me this isn't going to stay this way) Messages: 13 (I know that it's being looked into but after my first post shouldn't it show 1 instead of 13?) [/p][p]7. Weirdness with backspace in message typing. If you hit the space bar more than once for each line you backspace to there is an empty leading character for that line.[/p][p]Thanks for everything.[/p][p] [/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Fringe Guest

[p]I've now tried all 3 skins and can say that they all look nice but there's just way too many instances of Black Text on dark backgrounds. Unless I Highlight everything on a page there's always some text that I just can't see. This is a big bummer in my book.[/p][p]Also, my email address as listed in my profile is: 1168636531169[/p][p]I don't want my email address visable to others but it would be nice if it was at least correct.[/p][p] [/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

[p]Yeah are we gonna get our post counts restored back to what they were?[/p][p] [/p][p]And are you working on better forum designs?[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

[p]Also missing -- a preview button. And i'm just completely human and not at all godlike, so the loss of edit is just, just, owie. [/p][p]Whysprr[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Zenithan Guest

[p]It came from me, I was the first person in the thread with the info filed out.[/p][p]* We need an EoF theme, with greens and blues.[/p][p]* Developer new posts are not registering[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Zenithan Guest

EDIT: The guild/rank thing seems page based. Once someone with it posts on a page everyone that follows gets it.
  20. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

[p]Curiouser and Curiouser ... [/p][ol][li]I still haven't figured out what the link for " Member listing " up at the very top of the forum is for .. [/li][li]There is no direct route to get to "MY" posts. The only current method is to hope you see your name somewhere at the bottom (who's online) or remember the last place you posted and click on your forum name. [/li][li]There is no Stalk .. err .. Friend's List .. :([/li][li]Mods in ... ORANGE .. ??? eh :( [/li][li]I miss my "preview" button. [/li][li]The font is very, very, very tiny on my stretched Widescreen and this White Edit Screen is making my eyes water. [/li][li]I thought our mailboxes weren't going to be transferred? I have my Inbox intact. Except for those profiles (ie Owlchick) that didn't transfer over from the old forums. [/li][li]*sigh* everything from the Look & Feel Section was deemed unworthy? *sigh*[/li][li]Is there only going to be ONE Tradeskill Forum? No Subclass (outfitter/craftsman/scholars/etc) [/li][/ol][p]I'm sure I'll find more things to nitpick later .. [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]