Is it possible to link houses in good and bad zones?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Nele, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Tineren Active Member

I think everyone else answered your other problems, but I wanted to touch back on this one.
    When you zone into the Freeport sewers from the Commonlands, you are in a large room. This room has five places to zone out.
    1. Commonlands (where you came from)
    2. North Freeport
    3. South Freeport
    4. West Freeport
    5. East Freeport

The four Freeport exits take you to different areas of the Freeport zone, if all you want to do is access the housing tab, you can pick any of them. You don't actually have to explore the dungeon beyond the room you start in.
    Nele likes this.
  2. Nele Member

Yes, I see. Doesn't make much sense gamewise though, because how the guard at the gates knows which city i am from and whom I am aligned with. In case of different races it is understandable, but with neutral not so much. anyway, I guess I am going to deep into game mechanics. :)
  3. Nele Member

Yes I did that with one alt, that turned out to be useless, as there seem that the only thing that matters are fractions. But I changed from one good city to another, maybe makes sense with changing from bad to good
  4. Nele Member

Ty for the info. It turned out that I had somehow picked a quest from there, so maybe will go back one day. the problem is though that I never got into any rooms with exits, I checked every step and found nothing. The only exit I found once was an exit to some other part of the sewers, can't remember the name now. I wandered there for more than an hour and in the end ended where I started. And haven't been able to find that exit second time. I also had a map from the web, but neither the mobs nor NPSs their were the ones that I saw in the sewers. so not really sure where I had been. I started with what was called Thieves way or something like that
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Was the zone you were in The Thieves Way? If not, you were in the wrong zone.

http://maps.eq2interface.com/map.php?zone_id=88

Ah, you were, sorry. As long as you don't leave the room you enter in, the various grates take you to different areas of Freeport. There are no mobs to attack you in that room.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

yes the only reason to betray from good to good is to change your class, you can change your citizenship by simply going to the ambassador in your home town and telling him you want to change your citizenship, that one is easy. it aligns you with a new town if you want citizenship there. otherwise, you can just go to a town on the same alignment as you and buy the house you want there. no change needed.

however you will see its use if you are changing from say a paladin to a shadowknight. when you move from qeynos to freeport or any of the other good aligned cities to evil ones, and get a chance to see haven and be without a shared bank for awhile, you see the difference.
  7. Tineren Active Member

I think the problem is you didn't recognize the exits as zonelines. In that first room, there are 3 tunnels that lead to the rest of the dungeon. The entrance you came in from the Commonlands is a raised manhole cover. But the other four zone exits in that room are grates on the wall that look like windows blocked by bars.

[IMG]
    suka and Dulcenia like this.
  8. Nele Member

I made one of my alts change citizenship early in the game that turned to be senseless. Don't remember now what it was about, I think something to do with the housing. Didn't realize then that it is a faction that matters not a city.

Re sewers, I clicked all the windows like this one and all were not clickable except for one that took me into another part of sewers and it wasn't in the first room. Well, I still plan to return there at some point to finish a quest, so will check first room again. Will do that when I will level up a bit
  9. blayzes101b New Member

Hi I have just returned to EQ2 and am kinda overwhelmed with all the changes. Have a L10 Templar already at Qesnos who has prestige housing and about the same for my assasin on the other side. However, here are my housing noob questions. How do I access the prestige housing portals in both areas and would anyone wan to help my avis get there?
    thanks
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Prestige housing portals are in SQ in Qeynos and SFP area of Freeport.

The absolute easiest way for you to access both from either city is to have either your good aligned buy a cheapy 5 silver house in New Halas or your evil aligned to buy a cheapy 5 silver house in Gorowyn and give the other character trustee status.

Both characters could then put their prestige portals in the cheapy house because both New Halas and Gorowyn are fairly neutral and your characters will be in absolutely no danger. After you have placed those portals you can then go through them with the character the home does not belong to and place a portal to their home. The owner does have to give trustee status of course.

Presto! Your houses are linked. The cheapy 5 silver house is now no longer needed, but if you think you might make more alts or buy more prestige homes, you might want to keep it (you do not have to pay the rent unless you want to enter it).

After your homes are decorated you can also put them up on the leaderboards and then would be able to access them from nearly everywhere in the world.