Is it possible to link houses in good and bad zones?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Nele, Feb 22, 2014.

1. suka Well-Known Member

that is because you either came in from the city or you don't have any other portals set in the house. if you don't have a portal placed in the house, you will be sent to the city or to Mara if you came in from there. if you have a portal placed, it will offer you to go through that portal to another house. or it will offer you to go to your guild hall if you have a door in there. just click the arrow button on your housing buttons and that brings up a leave window with options. also you have to make sure you put your portal in the house- place it- it won't work if the portal is sitting in your inventory. i tried that when i first started the game lol.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

your alts houses will show up on the guild portal no matter what guild she is in. first she has to go to the access tab and put you down as a trustee, then she has to click her visitor tab and make sure it is set to visitor.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

oh don't type in names- just open the guild housing portal and you will see a list of houses you have access to.

(edited for spelling- my ocd kicks in when i push the button too fast)
  4. suka Well-Known Member

if you buy a prestige house, open your housing window and click "get portal object" as many times as you need one- then go put them in all of your alts little houses - that way they will be linked and that is how you get to have options when you click leave house
  5. suka Well-Known Member

does it open at all? i know that the portal can be set according to what level of access you want people to have - like trustee access or visitor access. mine is set to visitor access so that anyone can use it
  6. suka Well-Known Member

or if she doesn't have enough status in the guild to use the portal- depending on how her guild is set up
  7. suka Well-Known Member

make sure they change your access there from friend to trustee or you won't be able to place any portal in their houses
  8. Nele Member

Well, the whole reason I needed to go to Freeport or Neriak was to be able to place that portal
  9. Nele Member

I am not a guild member, nor any of my alts are atm
  10. Nele Member

Re other issues, as I have said already, now when I click house portals in guild Halls it only shows me no-zone message. There may be several reasons as I didn't 'unlock' zone yet or I am not a guild member or something else.
    Ty I know about setting up portals and setting alts as trustees. I did all that already with my first prestige house. Well my Neriak alt can still go to New Halas, so can try to link everything from there.
    What surprised me was that that alt was also killed on sight by the guards in Qeynos, not sure why. It is a human female, so should be neutral.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

it can be very frustrating when learning a new game and all of the information gets hard to sort through. There are some old stickies like https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/things-i-wish-id-known-earlier.359208/

and there are also some good sites to help you with basics. like http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Your_First_Adventure

i usually send out an email to my new guildies with a lot of links and information to help them get started. one of the things that might help is http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Housing
    and http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Slash_Commands and http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Chat_Commands

if you send your email address in the conversation part of this forum ( rightclick on my name and choose start conversation) i will be glad to send a copy of that email to you.
    Tariya, Nele and Avahlynn like this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

if you were on butcherblock i would tell you to go to my guild hall because it is considered an open one where anyone can use the amenities. check around your server and you may find another guild that offers the same service to non-members. and of course, that is the reason the guild housing portals aren't working for you.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

if you are not a member, you won't be able to use the portals in most guild halls.

edit: more info: if you are of a bad class, they won't care if you are a neutral race. if goes by class as well as race.
  14. Nele Member

Thanks a lot, but it is ok. I am actually not just started, but playing like 2 weeks already. Those links are helpful, thanks again. I like that zam site, that usually gives most answers on everything. Wiki I tried several times, some articles there are quite good, but on some things it is just blank.
  15. suka Well-Known Member

two weeks means you are still new. i didn't even know my way around for the first three months or so.
  16. Nele Member

Well that makes me feel better:)
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

did you have your alt grant you access to thier house i.e. friend + you ahve to specifially set it for it to show in the guild portal.
  18. Nele Member

yes as I have said everyone is a trustee of everyone else. But everything is ok now. I bought that second prestige house and linked it to all other houses, so the problem is solved. Ty everyone for help
    Finora likes this.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

There are no 100% alignment neutral characters once you are in the world (maybe if you have a certain balance between betrayal and stay in haven it could be possible but a real pain).

Your alignment can be dictated by your race or your class if you pick classes & races that are alignment specific.

Even if you pick a neutral race (human) and a neutral class (wizard) you would still have to pick your home city. When you pick your home city you have picked your alignment. By starting in Neriak your human evil aligned despite the race & possibly class being neutral. If she'd started in New Halas she would have been good aligned.
    suka and Shmogre like this.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

yes and the only way to change that is to betray to another city- which you can do at level 10