Interested in petition to keep FG where it is?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Mesander, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i'm one of those "newer" players...

8 maxed tradeskillers with earings, 9th will be done within a week
    have done gathering obscenity on most of them
    3 80s, 4th should be done within a week or so as well, i've got my main classes i want to play tank/dps/healer.
    the rest are tradeskillers that i have no real interest in getting to 80 adv, they are not classes i enjoy playing that much
    other than a couple, i have done all HQs, same with sig quests
    done the city quests, did a lot of the overland quests for xp and to explore all the current zones
    my guild raids, we've done most of them for this expac

so what am i missing? i get the issue with live's bloat, but that is still a very long way off. there's also the issue if you stagnate this server, people will leave, this has been tried on eq1. you really think dgb will sit on it's hands? they will make another tle which will also kill this server, i've seen it happen repeatedly on eq1. i joined to play through everything from the beginning, both good and bad, not to stop. it stops i have no interest in playing once i've completed the majority. i have money in my pocket that wont go to dgb, not for live or another tle, or a stagnant server.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

Locked server is never genius, it turns into dead server.

The content can only be replayed so much before people lose interest. Yes, we get to relive some hayday times of the game, but locking it will kill it faster than letting it continue to march forward.

I imagine there becomes a break point around SF that they need to consider having the next TLE flavor ready to take off the shelf.
  3. Mesander Member

Then I guess trying to fix the issues on live is out of the question?
  4. Maledicere Member

There will obviously be people that want to move on, but there will be many, many more that would stay (or start new toons) on a server like this, especially if they added in the PVP element. DBC gets dedicated members. Merging the players that want PVP (and keeping it optional on the server) with TLE locked at TSO or SF has the best shot of sustaining a healthy population than any other ideas out there. A huge amount of players would be ecstatic. When or if you become ready for more content, you simply transfer off at no extra cost, it's that simple.
  5. Malachy Well-Known Member

Fallen Gate is already dying and it'll be deserted about two months into TSO. I would suggest that they do these type of things on the next TLE attempt, but I have a feeling that a large portion of the most loyal players will quit if they announce another TLE server, so it's either Fallen Gate or nothing. With the next Game Update and all the scrambling that will ensue afterwards due to the typical untested mess they release with each Game Update, I do not believe devs will have time to do anything like this before it's too late to save the server. This cash cow is going to die and take the entire game down with it.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Mesander Member

Fallen Gate is dying? What have you been smoking? The server population is very healthy. There are people everywhere in all zones at various levels. I don't see how that is dying.
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Seriously Chicken Little, the sky isn't falling. You want a group? BE PROACTIVE. Don't just stand around waiting for someone to invite you. Figure out where you wanna go and START YOUR OWN GROUP. Then in LFG channel, and say "Need more for Stormhold group, PST!" (or wherever you want to go).
    Cheallaigh and Breanna like this.
  8. Malachy Well-Known Member

When the /who all command nets under 100 players, regardless of time of day, it's a problem.

There were 86 players online late last night on Fallen Gate.
    I flipped over to Maj'Dul and there were over 100 players with the same command. Out of curiosity, I did a /who all 100 110 and there were 92 players. Obviously that doesn't count those roleplaying and anonymous when you specify a level range, but there were more players in those 10 levels than the entire FG server .

So if you are playing peak hours, perhaps you can't see the problem as blatantly as those that play at other times. Test it yourself. It is dying.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The /who all command ONLY returns 100, regardless of how many are on.
  10. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Hello
  11. Malachy Well-Known Member

Yes, reread what I typed.

There were less than 100 players online on Fallen Gate. "/who all" returned 86 players.
    There were more people at cap level on Maj'Dul that weren't anonymous and roleplaying than the entire Fallen Gate server. This is a NEW thing.
    Fangrim, Mizgamer62 and Dude like this.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

I would lock in Velious since it was the last great expansion.

Anything that came after of much lower quality, and from Altar of Malice onward the game was simply destroyed.
  13. Malchore Active Member

Ruins of Kunark was a very difficult expansion for me. I recall that being the expansion where you HAD to do all the solo quest content if you wanted to level up to max, BEFORE you could start venturing into the various dungeons. All the faction grinding involved, etc. Kunkark may have had the best content in terms of gear, zones and dungeons. But I remember it was the worst in terms of grind. I didn't do well in RoK.

Left the game during Alter of Malice - in fact it was the very day that SOE anounced they were being bought by DBG. I'm back now, gone nearly 3 years and I'm on the Fallen Gate server playing a new toon. Anyways my favorite expansion was Alter of Malice because it added to many of the good game features. (Mercs, Reforging etc.) I thought AoM had the correct mix of solo, solo dungeon's, group dungeons and raid zones.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Mercs, Reforging were already in game well before Altar of Malice, that xpac honestly only brought the new tradeskill lines, the new prestige tree, and rum cellar.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Malchore Active Member

Correct. I didn't say it introduced them to the game. I said, "...because it added to many of the good game features [already present]." I should have added the already present phrasing to make it more clear.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I mean I guess, cb/pot/ab mod was already on like every item, and capping auto stats was so easy that reforging turned into kind of a meme of just stacking as much casting speed as possible to reforge into ability mod on the left side and just wearing the uplifting on the right side.
  17. Verismo New Member

Is 12 Weeks the absolute for new expansions to be released? Shouldnt the release time be extended in certain cases? As a returning Player of a week, I see a lot of chatter for people trying to get groups for their Myth updates. If the progression servers I ntent is to provide a sort of nostalgia, then I don't think 12 Weeks is enough time for an expansion with a major quest line like the Mythical weapons. Sounds to me that the server could use another 2-3 weeks to allow for a majority to be ready for a new expansion.
  18. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

As much as I enjoy Kunark and would like another couple of weeks to finish up things on my main and alts, I do not believe that would be fair to the many people that joined the server knowing what the rules were from day 1.

Are pickup groups even running VP to get Myth updates? I remember when TSO was on live, my guild at the time was still working our way through VP and I suspect the same will be true here for players still working on their Myth after TSO launches.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are continuing reasons to get the Epic Weapon. Eventually there's also a quest that bypasses all the raid stuff to get it. On the live servers, two of my toons waited until the raids for the Epic were so grey that they could solo 'em.
  20. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

In eight weeks I leveled three characters from 70/100 - 80/140, did three epics, and geared with expert+ combat arts and adorns. Now I'm catching up on other games and only log in to raid until TSO is released. There are always alts and returning players looking to get myth updates, people will continue doing it in TSO and most of it can done by a pickup raid at that point.