Insta-Level 85 (280 AA?) (Heroic Characters)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Daray, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Malleria Well-Known Member

Ty, I will :)

In actual fact, no one is arguing anything as a fact. Just a strong likelihood based on the available information. If they really were tooling this towards vets with a large number of max level characters I doubt it'd be called 'heroic'. They'd just slap a trinket on the marketplace and be done with it. The fact that its completely free and being presented so strongly should be enough evidence for anyone.
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

No....I don't see on the marketplace? Do you?...no...didn't think so. Not a done deal. Not yet...hopefully never under the terms you guys want.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

1-85 is a cakewalk...solo or especially molo. A month tops if you just play part time. We brought 4 players over here from GW2 last month...every single one of them is 90+ and all working adults.

If they do actually do something like this , the sole reason is they want to sell more CoE...
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Malvolio Member

Logically speaking they are introducing fresh 85 characters to bring in new players and have less of a grind so it would make zero sense to make them have a lvl 90+ already just to gain that feature. The road from 1-95 is not difficult but its long (unless your getting PLd which is zero fun for everyone) and its completely desolate.

I personally would rather there be no limit and it be free, all characters made from hence forth could be 85 (if they so choose). The grind is pointless and 90% of the time solo. I would also give existing toons below 85 a one time use potion in the mailbox that would attain the same results (in case you had lowbies and/or crafters you didnt want to delete)

What I see SOE doing (because they are going to milk everyone dry) is giving everyone 1 free 85 and the rest purchasable. And squat for existing toons because that would be time to develop with no cash return.
  5. oldskool Active Member

Just for the record. I didn't mention anything about prerequisits.. YOU ARE ASSUMING.

My point was simply that just because you can play 'a' heroic character for FREE doesn't mean you'll be able to have an unlimited number of Heroic characters for free.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It doesn't take any more time to develop one character than it would 10 or 20, so that theory goes out the door. However, I think they might still restrict it to just one. One character lets you get your foot in the door and see what the endgame is like sooner rather than later. If you feel like making an alt, you take the normal route and you always have that one character you can raid with or do high end dungeons with.
  7. Pauly Well-Known Member

future complaints will be 'why do i have to level crafting, transmuting, adorning, tinkering from zero.. its not fair!'
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  8. Skwor Active Member

9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

10. Skwor Active Member

:rolleyes: I should have known.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  11. handsome pete Member

LOL Wait, what?? insta 85 at get go with AA's to match?

So SOE finally just said login, get all your levels and gear handed to you and go and be happy?
    This has to be a bristlebane joke right? LIke the time they said there were going to make nuncku recipes for monks and brusiers.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

EQ2 is a complicated game compared to lot of them out there. And this will throw some poor newb into a level 85/280AA character with 30 or more skills he/she has no idea how to use. Much less a boatload of aa to apply. They don't know the maps, portals or even where dungeons are cause they've never been there. The beginning areas will be of full of upper level toons clearing mobs with a wave...screwing it up for everyone else trying actually play.

There is a reason for the leveling system. At least make it a requirement that they've gone through the system with one level 90 before you hand the keys to vette over to the 9 yr old....if not 90, then at least level 70 before you can go heroic.
    Feara likes this.
  13. slippery Well-Known Member

Except that now they'll have hotbars already set up for them, and a few premade aa specs to choose from. They'll be leveling in an area tuned for the gear they have.
  14. Mae- Well-Known Member

Not sure where you saw the part about hotbars set up for them, care to share?
  15. Caith Developer

Pre-set hotbars are a part of the plan.
    Atan, Fetish, Feldon and 1 other person like this.
  16. Mae- Well-Known Member

Thanks Caith, I'd seen several people saying it but never knew where they got that.
  17. oldskool Active Member

I think the line was something around a Heroic character will earn AAs faster up to 280. I'm guessing they'll start out with 20 or so.
  18. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

And it isn't fair lol
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

Sure she did.
  20. slippery Well-Known Member

It was one of the things talked about at SOE Live. I think the premade characters we played for the tournament looked kind of like what the heroic characters will look like (as far as UI being set up with hotbars and aa's)