increase solo xp

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Sixgauge, Oct 7, 2019.

1. herem Member

I agree... Increase quest xp. It's pretty disheartening to run solo quests for half a day on a weekend and watch the bar move at 2% at a time.
    Sixgauge and Geroblue like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I must be going to all the wrong zones or all the wrong quests then. My characters, even with xp pots, just don't up that fast.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  3. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Those saying they beat the game in 7 hours and therefore solo xp is fine, had a mentoring group of high dps raid equipped characters mass killing zones for them.

I was able to join a couple of decent pug groups in RE Sunday and went from 34-38 in about 1.5 - 2 hours. I had some vitality and was mentored for about 45 minutes, but no xp pots. This is pretty typical progress for pugs IME. Everyone else in the groups made similar progress. I would probably get somewhere between one or one and a half levels solo questing in that amount of time. But solo questing is boring so I wish they would just increase the kill xp when solo, that way you have the choice to solo quest or solo dungeons.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thats what I figured, same goes on the EQ side. I have no objections to it, but solo/molo play should get better xp.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

With how easy leveling is at the moment I question if you would've lasted like 10 hours on the past two tle's with actually low xp rates.
  6. Lexxah Member

Nerf Friends.
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

I did 1-50 on day one of the server in 7 hours with pots. It is literally 10x faster than it was on Fallen Gate. I personally don't have any issues with buffing solo xp from quests, but it isn't nearly as bad as some are making it out to be.
  8. Keldo Member

Kind of amazing how quickly this thread got derailed. :D A plea to increase solo experience quickly turned into a bunch of forum regulars humblebragging about how quickly they could hit max level in groups and do group quests. You're all great people.
    Geroblue and Sixgauge like this.
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

There is too much failure in that one sentence to unpack it all.
  10. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

It's pure ego tripping. Repeating their opinion every day when some don't even play the game. People with static groups saying solo xp is fine, and then shutting down anyone that doesn't raid in top guilds discussing raid difficulty or dps. Getting satisfaction from getting the thread locked.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

It got derailed when the OP bumped his thread with "Got 8 levels in two weeks, (playing daily)". Which I am still not sure how some one actually trying to level only gets 8 levels in 14+ hours of play when they are still in the 20-30s level range.

Then the OP later attempts to down play others leveling fast is only done when getting power leveled which is nonsense.

Not advocating against solo XP increases, but the person asking for changes should attempt to give an accurate representation of what leveling is actually like.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Bumping the thread was not a derailment, it was an update with more information on the topic. I'm not going to start a 2nd new duplicate thread for that. It's not surprising you don't understand how long it takes, when you rarely (if ever) solo level.

Some of the comments are blatant trolling. Some are just bad arguments. Simply saying "It took me x hours to level" with no other context is not an logical argument against boosting solo xp.

Your anecdote of being one of the first players to hit level cap (with a static group all running xp pots) on day 1 is meaningless; power leveling in a group is not a metric for solo leveling. Solo leveling is not faster on Kaladim than it was on FG or SH, it's about the same or less. For example on FG we had higher stats, and people were leveling off solo mobs on One Rock Isle... groups were mass pulling solo trash in LP - these are examples of better xp, not worse.

Ironically that is exactly what I did with my update, and exactly what you are not doing. My favorite part is you agree with boosting solo xp, but you insist on being a contrarian posting repeatedly in threads that don't have anything to do with your playstyle in a game you no longer play.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

Odd, I solo level quite often. I actually did last night for about 2 hours. It was quite enjoyable.

Insinuating some one made poor game play choices, is not trolling.

How doe this thread not concern me? I did take a hiatus for the majority of DoF, but I am playing the game.

It's unfortunate you discount my opinions based on your inaccurate assumptions about me.
  14. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Then you should have some relevant info to add - what level were you and how many levels did you get?

Agreed, trolling is trolling and it is obvious which posts are trolling.

I argued against your opinions based on the fact they all referenced power leveling in groups. The only thing I know about you is what you post publicly, which was you stopped playing the game and you keep talking about power leveling in a thread about soloing. If you have some first hand experience about solo leveling, why wouldn't you post about that instead since it would actually be relevant. I don't go into raid discussions talking about how fast I can 1 shot some solo trash.

It's cool how you gutted the meat and potatoes of my post and just replied to some low hanging fruit btw.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

I did just a few posts up. XP on Kaladim is 10x what it was on FG. Using the example of my very similar group leveling experience in both. Both groups were static, both used XP pots, both used the same routes, yet one took almost 80 hours and the other was done in less than 8.

My play session last night was about 2 hours. I did a betrayal from Conji to Necro which took about a hour, then did some quests in DoF for about a hour. I got just shy of 2 levels. (50-52). No potions were used and half of the betrayal quests was grey mobs and running from zone to zone.

See you called my earlier post of 14 hours of play time could get you from 1-50 (or close) as nonsense. So even my posts not even talking about group leveling, you quickly dismissed.

Seems like anything you disagree with, you just immediately dismiss or call it trolling.
  16. Lexxah Member

Pot. Kettle. Black.
  17. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

You keep comparing power leveling groups to solo xp, it's not a legit comparison. Same as comparing the super low disco xp on Kaladim to group xp on FG doesn't work. Also 80 hours to level on FG using pots is just wrong, it didn't even take me that long to hit 50 grouping the whole way. I dismissed your claims of 14 hours as nonsense because there is no way that's going to happen. Your "estimates" are just way off. You just said you got one and a half levels in an hour, using your numbers, which sound reasonable, that works out to roughly 50 hours to gain 34 levels buddy. Which does not include travel time, broker time, afk, crafting, or playing another alt.

Disagreement and debate is fine, I'm not calling you a troll. I'm referring to the thirsty memes starving for attention like the post above. Completely pointless off topic trash posting. It's pretty obvious, dunno why you keep acting like you can't see it. Anyway you agree with boosting xp, and this bickering does nothing so I'm done engaging you. Feel free to have the last word and tell me I'm wrong.
  18. Lexxah Member

Perhaps I'm just a better player than you, and using a routinely tested, mapped out, leveling strategy paid off in dividends while you're mired in the hopeless waste of T6 Runnyeye soloing. By all means, please dismiss it as 'powerleveling groups' when it can absolutely be done on Kaladim in under 12 hours if you're determined enough to slog through it; your repeated flailing that YOU can't do it is a problem akin to you, and not most other people it would seem.
  19. Zenji Well-Known Member

I was comparing group XP on FG to group XP on Kaladim. (on server launch days). Which is a legit comparison to show the difference in the server XP rate. The server XP rate is the largest contributor on how long it takes to level.

80 hours on FG using pots in not wrong. Go back and look for yourself, I happily await to proven wrong.
    - you can check out some of the comments here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EQ2/comments/6mbzah/fallen_gate_leveling/
    - or here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EQ2/comments/6j1qxm/tle_concern_about_rate_of_experience_gain/
    - here is my monk from Fallen Gate (7 days from launch I hit 50, that was playing 12 hours a day)
    https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/achievements/2611343602621

1 and a half levels in a hour at 50-52 (after just betraying with no upgraded spells), not mid 20s to 30s. Don't try and pretend that time required per level is the same all the way up. Statements like that, is why most in this thread are not taking you seriously.

Broker time, crafting, playing an alt are not part of "leveling", those are additional activities. You can not measure time to level including optional side activities and then complain about how long it takes. But you listing those does shed light on how you spent 14 hours getting 8 levels from your mid 20s to 30s.
  20. Jovie Well-Known Member

I left Kaladim on principle because the exp was so low, yet they sold exp pots.