increase solo xp

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Sixgauge, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

It's hard to find lower level groups, they should increase the soloo xp so folks can level characters, and restore the disco xp to something reasonable.
    Soara2, Torpian, Xevran and 1 other person like this.
  2. Seth Well-Known Member

the Disco XP was never reasonable, and increasing Solo XP cap when not needed will just welcome more problems, i easily got 30 just from doing a few timelines. Just takes time, which is what you dont want.
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

The Disco XP at launch of the server was incredibly high. Increasing solo XP, at least for the lower levels, doesn't hurt anything. The actual concern is, what will they break if they made that change.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Cviidar New Member

Its not uncommon to see a week of bonus experience prior to an expansion release. It may or may not happen. I doubt that they'll ever target bonus experience specifically for solo play.
    Personally, I thought the way they treated experience bonuses on the previous TLE server was a mistake. The bonus was applied to the latest expansion when it was released causing people to race through the content while those in the previous expansions struggled to get caught up. If anything it should have been reversed. To me, a small bonus to level 1-50 content once KOS is released would be ok but nothing too overboard. I'd leave 51-70 experience alone at this time as it really doesn't take that long to get through.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

You could reach 50 on Nagafen in around 110 hours played, this is also with 0 pots, collections, or gear help from anyone on the entire server.

I'd say xp is fine, especially considering it's possible to power level someone 1-50 in like 2-3 hours.
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  6. Xevran Well-Known Member

Solo xp is definitely too low. I wouldn't mind it if you could find a group but hardly anyone groups at low levels anymore. Or at least didn't when I was playing.
    Soara2 and Sixgauge like this.
  7. Nuhvohk Active Member

By lower levels do you mean anything pre-50 or just the 1-20 sort of range? I think it's the expectation in this game that 1-20 is supposed to be mostly solo given the plethora of quests and easy content at that range, and then at 20+ grouping is encouraged. But if no one is running xp groups in 30-50 etc then yeah I would say that's an issue, considering that there is almost no non-heroic content in vanilla for those tiers. EoF will make that period less of a grind for solos given that Butcherblock and Steamfont are much easier zones than their Shattered Lands counterparts.
    Soara2 and Sixgauge like this.
  8. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Disco xp is fractions of 1%, which is useless and might as well not exist. Getting power leveled is not a real metric for solo play. If people can't level characters and catch up with the bulk of the population, the end game will suffer for it.

Group xp is fine, but usually not available. Increasing solo xp is the solution every aging MMO population eventually has to use.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

Hell they could add level 50 bobbles (with KoS release) like they had on the Nagafen servers. It could potentially entice more people to come back and play or others to make alts, and DBG could still make money on XP pots for 51-70.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

Or they could sell level 50 baubles and make money that way.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

I don't see anyone paying a DBG level price for a bobble, when they could buy a Krono and get a PL.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

It costs around $20 to hit 60, and buy gear assuming you buy kronos from a reputable source. No way am I gonna pay the $35-60 it will probably cost to get a bauble.
    Soara2, Zenji and Somedude like this.
  13. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Bump, solo XP still blows. Got 8 levels in two weeks, most of that was in the two RoV groups I was able to join. One of those groups didn't even have a tank because low level population is bad.

I play an hour or so almost every day, but that mostly consists of getting wrecked a few times soloing in RE, seeing there are no groups or people looking for groups, and then logging out. There is no way to catch up to endgame like this, and god forbid I want to level more than 1 char. I'm not going to spend RL money to power level, or run around doing boring solo chores in overland zones at this measly xp rate.

When KoS opens, no one will be on low level characters for a while. I will not be resubscribing unless solo leveling is made viable, because it's completely pointless right now.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

With 14 hours of actual playtime you could have solo quested from 1-50. (Or close to it)
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

That is nonsense my friend.
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Lexxah Member

My mid-50's Necro with Prismatic has 7 hours played.
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I am talking about soloing, not juicing xp pots while getting power leveled by mentors.

Overland solo questing is about the same xp as just soloing heroic mobs in dungeons, and they completely gutted disco xp. Anyway, I have nothing else to say about the topic, peace out.
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

Juicing XP pots while getting power leveled, takes about 3 hours or less to hit cap.

Soloing 1-50 in 14 hours play time, is actually very reasonable, especially when you are getting 2 weeks worth of rested XP. Also since this is an alt of yours, I am guessing it is pretty reasonable to toss some cheap upgrades on them to help the process out.

My question is why are you trying to group in RoV and Solo in RE? That seems a bit backwards. Also if the struggle and time sink for you is finding a group. Just solo quest, it is much faster than what you are describing as your grouping experiences.
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

This thread is really a plea to the developers, I'm not trying to argue with other players about it. I am glad some of you have no problem leveling characters, but that's pretty irrelevant to me and I'm not trying to convince yall of anything.

I go to RE because my coercer is level 34 and it's a fun challenge.
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I solo'd 1-50 on nagafen on a swashbuckler, with 0 blue stats, 0 groups, 0 pots, and 0 people to help me in around like 60 hours.

Edit: I also said 1-50 in 110 hours earlier above, but that was 1-70 and i'm just an autist. So before you flame me.

Once again, this is zero pots, crafters, collections, or help at all.

This also includes doing silly things like the level 20 armor quests, foomby's and things like that. I have zero doubts that you could quest your way up 1-60 before KoS launches.
    Soara2 likes this.