In-game Appearance Issues 9/21/2016

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Jamiss, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melt Actually plays the game

This point is irrelevant. I started playing the game with an Intel atom dual core 1.6ghz and 1gb ram. Of course that isn't going to run it anymore! Now I got myself a nice i7 and a real GPU and bam... I can run the game. See how that works?
    Ceyllynn and Prissetta like this.
  2. Zyxia Active Member

Hi there
    Someone mentioned ...

"You would literally just need Windows 10 and maybe a few sticks of RAM, even less than $300."

I don't know if you are aware that other countries charge far more for PCs. To get one for all the specs in my country would cost the equivalent of $1600 and possibly more. So, as you can appreciate, buying a new PC is not an option unless you win the lottery - lol. Sometimes you can get a 2nd hand one but the specs will probably be borderline to play EQ II at the moment.
    So please spare a thought for us overseas players who are not fortunate enough to dwell in USA.
    I have a refurbished laptop with Win8 4GB ram, and I struggled before the update, so Win7 ?
    My desktop is win7 and cannot even load EQ2 on good days.
    However, I can play other games on it... 'nuff said
    But I do love EQ2 :))) It's my favorite. And yes, I am a member.
    Hartsmith and Tekka like this.
  3. That guy. Well-Known Member

Please tell me this means a 64 bit client.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

Exit just flying in Thalumbra

:: Could not access resource eq2ui_Examine_.xml
    Seems a new bug because there is no eq2ui_Examine_.xml except in the ui.log

Encountered data outside of container tags

and the last message in outofmemory.log
    Per-Thread Cache for Thread 7648
    LifetimeAllocations: 40 (68.97% of AllocationRequests(58))
    LifetimeFrees: 43 (100.00% of FreeRequests(43))
    Cache: 288 bytes/3 entries (96 bytes average)
  5. Zenon New Member

The game worked just fine until the Tuesday patch. Then items went missing and characters were naked. The patch got patched and fixed that issue however now all my characters crash to desktop. I get 30 seconds to 5 minutes of gameplay on the Maj'Dul server. It doesn't matter if you are trying to zone into a house, guild hall or just walk down the street...CTD. The error message is Everquest2.exe application failure. Changed the settings to the highest performance...CTD. Deleted cache folder and character cache...CTD. The weekend is upon us and Norrath needs it's warriors, even wizards.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  6. ruinarion New Member

Would you mind checking again? I tried starting the game with Ruinar again this morning and this time it crashed as soon as it loaded into the guild hall.
  7. mudd New Member

when are daybreak going to fix this problem its been 4 days and I still crash going in the game. First it was naked characters now its the crashing since the patch its been doing this whats taking so long to get a update? If this is not fixed soon I will be quiting.
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

Have you verified that your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run the game? The game has progressed to the point where minimum is actually beginning to mean minimum.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  9. CaPWN New Member

I believe this goes alot deeper than running out of memory. I am having the client close on me without any error messages or signs of being non-responsive, and i have the task manager up at all times directly next to the game visible at the same time. Not once has the game come close to 2gb in it's memory usage. I have everything set as low as it goes, even the amount of pixels rendered -_- and i have more than enough free memory to support the game taking 3gb (which it never does even on high graphics). I can for the most part spend SOME time in scourge wastes before i crash (boxing or not, no difference in about a 20min time window if that). If i zone into thalumbra the game just goes POOF before it even hits 1.7gb RAM usage (sum of pf and physical memory). I've since having noticed this issue disabled my paging file and used only my physical memory; the problem remains identical. I run the game off of a 2nd hard drive so the paging file wouldn't play into R/W in the 1st place.
    My big question here is this; if the game isn't even approaching it's allotted memory usage and is just "closing" without any reason, or as I've come to call it "poofing", does that not indicate that there's a different problem? I've come nowhere near running out of VRAM and the game comes nowhere close to using 3gb RAM (which I could increase the threshold of if necessary). The only other odd thing is that I am getting this "requires Battleground server" message in 'yellorange' text in the text box whenever I enter combat, zone in somewhere (before poof), and alot of the time when I pick up timed quests in zek sw. There has to be some other cause for this happening, perhaps the client attempting to load a resource that it no longer has access to or requesting data from the server that it can no longer attain/find. All I know for a fact is that the game has been running at it's usual memory usage (averages 1.1 - 1.3gb in zek sw) and even with that <--- just poofs. I personally have noticed no difference in VRAM or RAM consumption whatsoever and still have this problem, which is enough to tell me it's not from running out of or even low on memory. This is seriously starting to ShamWow Guy the game -_- imagine having to drive your car 40 miles to go to the movies... for fun... because that's what movies are... fun...... and having to pull over to let your car cool down every 10mins, effectively turning a 40min drive into an hour and a half from hell...
  10. mudd New Member

Yes I am above the recommened requirements. I have been playing this game since it first came out and everything has been fine up until the last patch we had. Why dont you just roll back the patch this is rediculous. Its nothing on my end I even played other mmos that have much higher requirements to play. This is on the games end and needs to be fixed ASAP.
  11. Zenon New Member

Windows says:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: EverQuest2.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.1
    Application Timestamp: 57e2b830
    Fault Module Name: EverQuest2.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 57e2b830
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 007fa86f
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

This happens since the patch of the Tuesday's patch. Increasing VRAM on my SSD had no affect. For the last 11+ years, the game would only crash maybe once per year and that was because I played 15+ hours at one time...
  12. ZUES Well-Known Member

13. Dude Well-Known Member

I'm playing on a crappy four year old laptop and having no problems.
  14. ruinarion New Member

My hardware just barely exceeds the recommended setup in their FAQ and that is posted in the forum here. I am still having problems. I went from being able to play the game on medium settings to not being able to load into the guild hall after this recent patch. And while I greatly appreciate the help Maevianiu is providing it would be nice if DBG could provide some communication about the situation. My tickets haven't been updated or even looked at from what I can tell. The only communication I can find is from Maevianiu trying to help individual users. If they have increased the minimum requirements again they should let us know.

Zeus I had that problem a couple of times but I was able to camp to myself to fix it. I found that suggestion from a google search.
  15. Terrius Well-Known Member

My patcher pulled down a new Everquest2.exe about 45 minutes ago! It is using a ton less memory than yesterday, and seems to be more stable in regard to my crashing issue!
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  16. CaPWN New Member

As far as the "crash" or "poofing" issue the "fix" to the update has caused where many players are unable to play without getting booted...
    HERE IS THE SOLUTION - until they can update the client to reduce memory usage / resource call frequency.

IF you do not already have the (user) available memory of your system set to MINIMALLY 3gb, you can set it to such with the following command line within Command Prompt run as an administrator vvv

bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072

YOU MUST have 4gb of physical memory (RAM of installed RAM cards) to do this UNLESS you have 3gb installed physical memory and a page file of at least 2gb.

IF you have the above minimum and are unsure what your current allotment of ram is, it is probably set to Windows' default of 2gb, so go ahead and run the above command. DO NOT run the above command if you have less than the minimum stated above as it may cause severe and/or destructive issues with (including but not limited to) if Windows can boot and the way Windows handles applications that are loaded once in Windows. I am not responsible for any damage done to your computer that may occur if you run the above command line without the minimum requirements stated above.

If the above method alone does not solve your "crash" issues, continue to the next part vvv

Now, if you are not familiar with your PC's BIOS, it is normally accessed by pressing F2 or another "F" key at the very start of your PC's loading (as soon as it turns on). The primary startup screen will normally tell you which button it is and refers to it as "Setup". Pressing the designated button at this screen will bring you to your system BIOS. Inside one of the dropdown sections on the left (all BIOS are setup differently, yours may not have this layout. If not, follow these methods adapted to your layout. Some PC BIOS will not have all of these options, and if not these same settings can be controlled with freeware that you can find online which will change the same settings on a software level; this does require a reboot to take effect as any of these programs will most likely notify you of) you will find an"EPP/SLI Memory" section; may be labeled "Memory" or "Physical Memory". Inside this section you will usually find 2 options, one is "Standard" and one is "EPP/SLI". These 2 options refer to the performance profiles of your RAM (physically installed memory). Most PCs will have this set to "Standard" by default, which allows the computer to utilize the RAM according to it's own specs. The "EPP/SLI" option will auto-detect any higher performance profile built into the RAM chips and use it if it's available. You should make sure this is set to "Standard" as it will increase the functionality of your memory and it's compatibility with your system.

In BIOS you may have the option to adjust the timing of how your PC's processor(s) handle(s) incoming commands (referred to as a memory clock edge). If you have an option to change this, you will normally have the options of "1T" , which means a command can be SENT to the processor every single cycle (which reduces the amount of data per cycle that the processor(s) can compute. "2T" which will allow a command to be sent to the processor every second or every other cycle, which allows the processor(s) a full cycle to compute the last command given. Then "Auto" which will adjust the processor timing to optimize performance as needed. If this setting is set to "1T", change it to "Auto". After rebooting (with saving the BIOS settings upon exit) you come to find that you are still crashing, restart and enter BIOS once more to change this setting to "2T", which will more the less safeguard your processor from attempting to handle too much at once (which can happen if you have less than a 4-core processor @ 2.0ghz due to the frequent changes in the amount of resources that EQ2 must buffer as you play).

After a couple hours since my last post, and running several system diagnostics pertaining to how my processor is handling commands and how fast my RAM is able to "recycle" without caching as much, the above methods in combination have fixed EQ2's crashing problem with only minor losses in framerate to many other much more resource demanding games that I play (GTA V being one). The above methods simply slowed down the rate at which the processor "is told what to do", effectively giving it more time to complete what it already has in it's queue. No loss of quality or framerate for EQ2 happened as a result of this procedure; a fairly even trade seeing as this is the one game I constantly play.

Best of luck to you all, hopefully the new client (fix) for this is available soon, as I would like to revert the above changes back to my high performance settings as soon as possible - but I am very happy that I can play without a "poof" every 20mins -_- .
  17. Terrius Well-Known Member

Wow, Good info! It seems they have already pushed a new Everquest2.exe that is now using far less memory. So hopefully it will resolve the issue and others wont have to attempt to go tweak their BIOS.

It has mitigated the poofing and Directx issues that I was having. I have been crash free for over an hour now with numerous zonings and numerous character swaps. Prior to the patch I had crashed 3 times in 3 hours on each of my accounts!
  18. Jamiss Developer

Sorry for not mentioning it sooner, we've published a new client which should begin to address some of the issues that those who are crashing are experiencing.
    Kasa, Juraiya, Adevil and 5 others like this.
  19. ruinarion New Member

I didn't get to fully test it but I was able to sign in to the guild hall and run in circles for a bit which is an improvement.

Thanks for the work you guys are doing
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

there is a mem leak and I'm glad to see the new client... my crashing has been only occasionally and to be honest I'm used to it at this point.

fact is people, if you're running a 32bit vista... it requires on average twice the ram of any other windows system. 8-10 also require more ram, just not quite as much as a vista, and all 3 are terrible system hogs. yes it sucks to have to upgrade... but come on, we're talking about an OS released in 2009 or earlier(some are still using XP a 15 years old OS), ram can be upgraded for less than the whole system. if i had my choice I'd be still using 98 or xp, i despise 7 etc..but we don't have a choice and we have to go with what the game is meant to run at since the hardware upgrades last year and the software upgrades.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.