Illusions

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Liou_Unrest, May 21, 2015.

1. Liou_Unrest Active Member

There are many fun, and cool illusions in this game.

My understanding is there is not currently a way to show your illusion while you're on your mount. Is this true? If there is a way, someone mind sharing the good news and the method?
  2. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Afaik, there is no way to display an illusion while mounted. Even if you do not render mounts. If I'm wrong, I would also like to know how to get around it.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Many illusions work while mounted. If you find one that isn't let me know. If it's a really wacky monster illusion, it won't work but if the illusion uses a player-character based joint systems it will probably work.
    Kittybock likes this.
  4. Losadunai Active Member

I'd love to know why my character options keeps setting itself to "hide illusion form". I uncheck it, and it's fine - until the next time I want to use an illusion, and the darn thing is checked again. Every. Time. :mad: o_O
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Maybe the hide illusion form check box is an illusion.
    Hoagie, Seefar, Liou_Unrest and 3 others like this.
  6. Losadunai Active Member

*jaw slackens, eyes wobble, mind melts*
    Seefar, ttobey and Kittybock like this.
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Maybe it's all an illusion, m-maybe Norrath isn't real and...and we're actually like characters trapped in some big video game. *shakes head* Nah, that can't be it.
  8. Losadunai Active Member

Seefar, ttobey and Kittybock like this.
  9. Kelvmor Active Member

I do know one that isn't--the "Illusion of the Planestormer!" amygdalan illusion from the Miragul's Shard questline. It has PC-based joint systems, except for the tentacles on the head, obvs.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Those amygdalen's actually have a unique skel.
  11. Python New Member

Hows about the Panda Illusions? You don't have to dismount in Skyshrine...but most others you do.
    -
    Not an illusion but speaking of mounts... would be awesome to have the Magical Storm Whistle made compatible with flying mounts. ;)
  12. Kelvmor Active Member

That's pretty surprising, actually. They do everything else player characters do--all the /emotes and such. I figured at least from the neck down they'd be the same
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Whoops you are right, I was thinking about the amydalen update I just did. The one with the barbarian body, his tentacles would go to bind pose when mounted.
  14. Reevar Active Member

15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yeah it should.
  16. Reevar Active Member

17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yes there are a lot that aren't working.
  18. Kelvmor Active Member

So basically they'd be frozen/stuck in place like the Nights of the Dead Amygdalan mask's tentacles? If so, I could live with that TBH.
  19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

yeah, the tentacles would stick straight out.
  20. Liou_Unrest Active Member

I'd like to expand.

Because now that having a mount on in the game is basically a 'must' due to them giving generous stats, there is no time where it makes sense to take them off.

That being said, in the options I have changed to "never" render mounts, (worth noting - they still show up when you engage flight, which makes total sense)

While I'm on the ground, my illusion should show. I have tried all that I have available to me, and none of them show up. Now i'm confused, as Ive heard other people say the same thing, that they can't use any illusion if you have your mount active. What else can I try to get them to show?

Im sure it is unintended that illusions are worthless after you get a mount with stats.