Illusions changed with GU54????

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK, Dec 9, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Cica Guest

Sharazhad@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I cant find it i was looking at NQ barber shop and its not there right now :( i can only see the barber selling the shave and cut :(
  2. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

Buy the shave and cut and look in your bags
  3. ARCHIVED-Cica Guest

Yes, thank you i only found that out after i posted ! :)
  4. ARCHIVED-HeartlessEden Guest

For those having trouble with the hairstyles using alternate/SOGA models, apparently the issue is that the hairstyles are linked to the ones you use with normal models. The (temporary, I should hope) fix to this is to set your normal hairstyle to the equivalent name of what you would like in your alternate model. Once that is set, returning to the alternate model (or reapplying the illusion if that doesnt work) will show the hairstyle equivalent of what you selected for your normal model.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nagazch Guest

Best part about these changes is that something is actually being done in the illusion department :D
    I noticed playable-races being able to ride mounts, climb walls, use carpets, sokokars etc. without losing the illusion. Also, they can use emotes with both sound and graphics. Was this always the case ? If you can do it with playable-race illusions, why not apply the same setup while using other humanoid illusions such as orcs, skeletons, vampires etc. ? I'm not sure how much coding it would take, but it would sure make the world look better and remove at lot of awkward moments such as:
    - Necromancer cheering about finaly being a lich, just to find out he can't ride without becomming mortal again ! *shrug*
    - People really wanting to play vampire, orc etc. for various reasons, just to have their fun spoiled
    - Dressing up as a order of rime warrior or deathfist orc, doing infiltration missions, but actually looking like your old self because everyone rides a mount these days
    The worst part about these examples is that the actual animation are already in-game. For a brief second, you can see the illusions climbing or riding, before it is taken off. So no doubt that it is there. I guess this would require dividing illusions into 3 catagories, since playable-races and non-playable does have some different coding:
    1. Playable-races (Ogre, Erudite, Wood Elf, Human etc) acts and performs exactly like your normal character with custom looks, armor/gear, emotes as well as the illusions staying on at all times
    2. Non-playable humanoid races (Orc, Vampire, Skeleton, etc.) These should be able to keep the illusion on at all times (riding, climbing, fast traveling etc.) since they are already able to graphic wise. Also, the orc can't use emote sounds or graphics for some reason. Emotes should also work with all these illusions, at least the sounds. However, armor and custom looks might not be possible to make, (too much coding?) so thats the big difference between 1. and 2.
    3. Animalistic and monstrous races (Snake, Bear, Rustmonster) These would look awkward riding mounts, using graphical emotes or wearing gear. I don't have any solution myself, so I guess these would have to stay as they are.
    I really hope that I may someday be able to be a lich Necromancer 24/7 or ride a mount with my Orc instead of running as taunting fae's with my emotes >: )
    [IMG]