Illusions changed with GU54????

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK, Dec 9, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK Guest

Ok as an illusionist i have many illusions i can cast to change my appereance. One thing i loved about it was if i didnt like the hair style or look of it when i cast it i could just cast it over and over until i got an appereance that i enjoyed.

Ie.. Different hair style / facial hair.

However with the latest update that isnt possible. Now not only is it the same hair style and facial hair but the hair color for my illusions has changed as well. When im a dwarf i have yellow hair, a human red hair, etc. And the hair style/ facial hair never changes. Where as before my hair was always the same color, which i liked.

Was this intended?
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

NViDiaFReaK wrote:
    I remember back when EQ2 first came out, petrified eyes were all the rage so players could give themselves the illusion of other races until they zoned.

Back then, you were given a completely random appearance for each race, but that appearance would become permanent from then on. Every time you went back to that race, the hair style, color, skin color, eyes, etc. Everything stayed the same.

I remember hearing about it later changing to be completely random though.
  3. ARCHIVED-Morniel Guest

The GM that just answered my petition about the same issue claims CS knows nothing about this and asked I do /bug.
    I'm getting sick of this. I had just settled on never looking exactly the way I wanted, but at least had a consistant hair/eye color that was fairly close to what I had before SOE decided to screw around with illusions initially, and NOW they go and take that away from me too.
    Where's the mirror that's supposed to let us change all this?
  4. ARCHIVED-illaria Guest

I really liked the random illusions and when playing a non-humanoid race the illusion items always ended up making me bald when I switched to elf/human/barbarian. I wish there was a way to choose between completely random as some of us like and going to the corresponding hair/eye combo that others prefer
  5. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

This is probably part of the change that is going to allow players to customize how each of their illusions look which is set to go live soon.
  6. ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK Guest

Gaige wrote:
    Where's your info from. This is news to me.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dahktur Guest

Funny stuff this...

Originally, when you cast an illusion, it was set what your apperance would look like (hair color, style, etc..) Then a patch a few months ago, it made it so it was random what you looked like when you cast an illusion. And people complained. (tons of old threads about it if you search) Sooo, turn full circle and we are back to set appearances. And people complain.
    No satisfying people, so sad.
  8. ARCHIVED-HeartlessEden Guest

Part of the problem with the new set appearances is they are a) standard and b) unrepresentative of our characters. The original system gave us appearances that, although the same each time, were unique to each character and distinctly inheriting of their original traits. Your hairstyle, hair color, skin tone, eye color, and slider tweaks all translated (albeit sometimes awkwardly) into something specific for your illusion. With this latest change, every male character who uses a human illusion will have red hair. From what I've been able to tell testing it on multiple toons, the skin tone and facial proportions are also the same across the board. There is no representation of our characters and no means of control over our appearances any more. At least when they were random, you could throw them up again and again until you got one you enjoyed.
    The only mention I've seen of a mirror to set your illusion appearance is here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...=452979#5061638
    No official confirmation, and the post itself dates back to June. Personally, if the devs are going to change how the illusion system works with every update, it would be nice to at least hear something official of why these changes are going in and what we can expect in the future.
  9. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

Mythanote@Runnyeye wrote:
    Yeah you didnt think that through before insulting/mocking people did you?
    People had illusions they had roleplayed with for years. They were taken away and replaced with randomness. Now the randomness is replaced with one of the random ones fixed in place. So you cant have the old one back (it is NOT the same, the old one was not random it was always the same based on your selections for your real race) and you cant keep applying it till you get one you like. Its basically just worse than either of the previous cases.
    Who exactly is that an improvement for? I guess its fine for people making new characters, as they will get this one random look and that will be that, but for the great majority with existing characters its rubbish.
  10. ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK Guest

Can we get any information on this from a Dev. please.
  11. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

Yeah my buddy was upset over this, he doesnt frequent the forums so I figure I could just make mention of it for him in your thread OP.

If what Gaige says is accurate then I don't think a little wait is horrible, but yeah, some roleplayers might find it difficult to rp through this one.

Glad I saw your thread OP:)
  12. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

I too cannot wait for the mirror, if only so I don't have to go through the round robin illusions - or, worse, hear my boyfriend grumble about it. Yesterday for the first time in months he was thrilled that his Brigand actually looked the way he wanted her, and she stayed that way.
    I have not checked all the illusions I use (one of my characters is often 'undercover') to see how they are, but the human female I ended up with yesterday looked great in SOGA and totally dumpy in normals. Thier coloring was not even remotely the same so I still could not set a cover story for her -lol.
    If I have to have a mirror for each illusion, so be it, as long as the thing is not lore and I can set for both normal and SOGA.
  13. ARCHIVED-snowline Guest

My GF's most important item was the cloak she could click enough time to get a version of the racial illusion she could relate to, now she's set to "perma ugly" in her words.
    The main problem with the current setup is, it doesn't work properly off how your character looks, so you can't change your real race's appearance in order to adjust your regular illusion into a better state.
    Hope the illusion manager comes soon, or even better they revert the change until illusion managers are in.
  14. ARCHIVED-Hogatha Guest

If there is a mirror illusion changer item, I hope they will include each race's vocal combat sounds/emotes, possibly in addition to the actual racial sounds. That would be sweet :)
  15. ARCHIVED-MacKay Guest

illaria wrote:
    In an ideal world this would be best. For myself, I'm glad to have it back to the fixed illusion. My homely little gnome was horrified the first time she used her Guise of the Deceiver after the random changes went into effect and she became the only homely Dark Elf ever created. :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

I bet it's to make more people buy race change potions.
  17. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

I doubt that to be honest...
    I hope that this was in error as I REALLY loved being able to do this with my swashy and illusionist!
  18. ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK Guest

still no response from a dev. on this issue.. =(
  19. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Mythanote@Runnyeye wrote:
    Well, personally I think the change that made it random ROCKED, intentional or not. I said as much in those threads earlier this year. I resent the people who complained. They get no cookies.
    I'll gladly complain about this change until there's a way around it.
  20. ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK Guest

almost 3 full days now and not one response as to why /if this was intentional......