Illusionist Training Choices: Summary

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Dainger, Feb 19, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Sugarplum69 Guest

Since I just dinged 20, I thought I'd add that TLF's description says it shares the same re-use timer as Fascinate. You might wanna add that to your summary.

Savanna
    20 Illusionist
    Najena

Exact language is "An Advanced Form of Fascinate. It shares the same re-use timerand is of Adept II quality. As a bonus to Fascinate, it has a longer duration."
  2. ARCHIVED-Aedosen Guest

Tevalian's Seize Ego is now fixed so it works exactly the same as Capture Mind but has 8 secs longer duration.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dainger Guest

Sugarplum69 and Aedosen,
    Thank you both for your input on the respective training choices. I'll have to apologize for the day or two late update on the list as i was in Moab for the weekend mtn. biking the Porcupine Rim trail :smileyvery-happy:.

Here's my current list of information i'm looking for.....any additional input from any illusionist's is always welcome.

• Level 10:
      • Updated info for Basten's Rune's of Surety (preferrably mastered: level 50)
        • Illusionist input on how the new Basten's compares to unsar's soothing runes as the most beneficial long term choice. (aggro from runes is horrid)
    • Level 30:
      • Esdia's Chromatic Deluge
        • I know Sotaudi recently chose this as per his post in the spells and abilities forum: i'd appreciate updated info on when the issues you stated w/ it become fixed.
    • Level 40:
      • Moeba's Chroma Clash
        • If a fix is ever implemented the information would be useful.
  4. ARCHIVED-Aenae Guest

I chose Esdia's Chromatic Deluge today and it still seems to be broken. My testing was as follows.
    1. I went into Antonica and found a group of four grey gnolls, L11's, off to the left of the entrance.
    2. I initiated combat by bashing one with my stick, doing amazing melee damage! (Fear me)
    3. I then cast Esdias (Adept-2). Only one target was affected, and the spell landed for 71 points of mental damage.
    4. Prismatic Discord (App-4) was then employed, killing them all in a single strike of 208 dmg ea.

Disgusted with this result, I tried a few more times. Esdia's never did anything except shoot one monster in the encounter one time only, and for relatively low damage.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dainger Guest

Thanks for the info Aenae. I'll update this list w/ your info unless somethings been changed w/ LU #8, would you mind testing it again due to the patch message given in LU#8 about this specific training choice.
  6. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

On Moeba's Chroma Clash. It is no longer a chance to stun a second time. It changed to a chance to stifle. However, it still does not work.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dainger Guest

Okay, thanks for the info. Perhaps you could garner some further spell details of that level 40 training choice if you've ever got a little time?
    i'll put it into a format similair to this.

• Power: 61
    • Casting Time: 2.0 seconds
    • Recovery: 0.5 seconds
    • Duration: 24 seconds
    • Recast Time: 10.0 seconds
    • Skill: Hallucinations - Required: 100 - Mastery: 150
    • Increases speed of target at all times by 32% (typo i believe, but what the info says)
    • Decreases AC of target vs. Divine, Magic, and Mental damage by 302-508
    • Inflict 48-59 damage on target
    • Decreases health of target by 38-46 every 4.8 seconds
    • (Credit goes to stewieG for the spell details marked by boxes)

It would be much appreciated :smileyhappy:

Oh and what does the "official" description of this training choice say it does not? "an upgrade to xxx as an added bonus when this choice expires it has a chance to stifle the target and the targets allies" Something like that i imagine.

Anyways i'd be really happy if you could get some of this info for me and at the same time you'll be furthering the capabilities of your fellow up and coming pre-40 illusionists to make more educated choices.
  8. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Moeba's Chrom Clash

Impairment that stuns an opponent and its surrounding allies. Also has a chance to stifle the opponent and its surrounding allies when the impairment expires.

Power: 202
    Casting Time: 1.0 seconds
    Recovery Time: 0.5 seconds
    Recast Time: 35.0 seconds
    Duration: 3.0 seconds
    Effect Radius: 7.5 meters
    Required: Hallucinations(200)
    Mastery: Subjugation(250)

Effects:
    * Casts Cascading Bewilderment on termination
    *** Stifle target encounter
    *** Does not affect Epic targets
    * Stun target encounter
    * Only affects targets level 55 and below
    * Does not affect Epic targets

I don't know what the thing said when I selected as it's been a while, I'm now level 48.5. The stifle part has never worked.
    Message Edited by Pinski on 05-07-2005 02:31 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Turb0T Guest

Hi,

Nice info :)

Ghunret's Quelling Bolt - you say level it stops working at is unknown, the spell description says L35 and below only... so they must have updated. Also says mastery is Disruption (150) now. Otherwiase looks same as you listed. Same timer as Overwhelming Silence.

Cheers.
  10. ARCHIVED-Somna Guest

Esdia's Chromatic Deluge has been fixed, and now that it is fixed it is better than any other Chromatic line AEs, including Adept 3 Psychotic Spectrum (at level 50). Psychotic Spectrum does more damage on the initial blast, but since Chromatic Deluge has a DoT (that always works now) attached to it that ticks about 2-3 times after the first blast, Chromatic Deluge will do more overall after the first tick of damage.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dainger Guest

Updated information for Moeba's Chroma Clash, Ghunret's Quelling Bolt and Esdia's Chromatic Deluge. Thanks Pinski, Turb0T and Somna!

Well it looks like the training choice list is fairly up to date w/ the information which had been missing, and it seems that all of our broken training choices have finally been cleaned up and pushed to a proper form.
    I'll make sure to take some time over the course of the next week or so and go back through the entire list -- cleaning it up where i see fit and attempt to make sure that the "important" and useful information is easily accessible to all w/ out having to read through a bunch of my biased opinions on the choices and their uses.
    I would like to ask the illusionist community to still post updated information if possible for some of the training choices that do not have "specific" stats listed w/ them currently. As the more useful in-game statistical information about each choice is available i feel the easier it will be for each illusionist to make his/her own choice based upon stats rather than opinions. So if you notice that there's some details still missing from this post please feel free to add them and i will update accordingly.
    Besides these few minor adjustments....i feel safe to say that this list is virtually complete!
    Message Edited by Dainger on 05-21-2005 05:20 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-eb2412 Guest

been looking for this info so I thought I would bump it back up
  13. ARCHIVED-Xanoth Guest

just picked the upgrade for magies shielding with a new character, its exactly as listed, there is no updated stats for it. you still have to get attacked to regen power. kinda feel a bit cheated really.
  14. ARCHIVED-ethicsgradient Guest

OK I'm an experienced MMORPG player (since AC1 days).

In EQ1 my mains were chanter and bards.

I am now a casual player (maybe a couple of hour 3 or 4 times a week). I solo a lot as I'm likely to have to rush off at any moment if my baby cries/wife calls etc..I also find soloing often preferable in the teens/early twenties tas he playskill of pick-up grops is often terrible.

I envisage playing most archetypes to mid 20's or so to see if I like them and then proceeding with the ones I'm enjoying the most. Realistically it's going to be long time before I hit more than 35 with a toon..

My chanter is about to ding 20. I have enjoyed soloing groups of heroic gnolls and skellies with my mezzes/stuns and master strikes..

At 10 I took the Mespha's Bolt spell and don't regret it one bit (it's a one sec HO finisher, interrupt and at my level still the best DD I have by some margin).

As my 18 froggie trait I took the cure disease ability.

But at 20 I am in a real quandary. Do I take the Lethargy Bolt (gloom dot upgrade with built-in snare) or the Fascinate upgrade (6 extra seconds mez).

I'm leaning toward the Lethargy Bolt and it's the snare that has swung it.
    The extra dmg is nice but I rarely use Gloom more than once or twice /mob anyway - most of my dmg comes from the master strikes, bolts and HO's.

I don't see any real advantage in the Mez from 20-28 (Fascinate would run out at 28). But from 28-35 I'm would have that crucial second mez that would mean I could take down groups of 3-4 mobs much more easily solo (with one mez I can usually do 3 mobs with some difficulty but 4 often proves very hard work).

So I suppose the question is - for soloing and duo/trios from 20-35 what would you prefer?
  15. ARCHIVED-Hermex D'illusionaire Guest

I took Koldhagon's, I don't regret it one bit. I use this spell every single mob I solo at 45 and probably will continue to through 50. It stacks with all spells that follow and I gues stacks mitigation resists with the nightmare line. In any event it is 50 damage a tick on top of nightmare/ tortuous visions line spells in later game progression. Might want to look at upgrading cerebral spasm with any silver/coral you might come across as well since that stacks all the way through too.
    Once you outgrow that bolt spell you might want to use your one time respec and grab the shielding spell cause it does scale to 50 I still use it at 45. Not a huge upgrade to regular shields and the PoT replenish is minimal when it procs but every little thing counts.
  16. ARCHIVED-Impetus Guest

Dainger, you may want to update the /respec information at the top of the post with the news that there will be an additional /respec when the combat changes go live, as seen in the latest Producer's Letter by Scott Hartsman:

Message Edited by Impetus on 06-22-2005 12:41 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-SunTsu Guest

May have missed it, but Tevalian's Seize Ego is only up to 55 Mobs, vs Capture mind up to 56 Mobs.