Illusionist Training Choices: Summary

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Dainger, Feb 19, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Since you have no other buff with AGI, unless you count the Enchanter Signet of Intiution, which gives 11 AGI @ Adept I. Well, that's not much lower than the 14 AGI that Moeba's Signet of Perspicuity gives. I'm sure if you find a Master I, or upgrade it to Adept III, you could probably get 12 or 13 AGI. Though 3 AGI isn't very much as far as anybody is concered anyway.

Coercers get the true upgrade to Signet of Intiution. They get the AGI/INT group buffs, we get the WIS/INT group buffs.
  2. ARCHIVED-Azureblaze Guest

I know this I just thought I would add that info since it wasn't mentioned, since most people dont get this buff. I can't respec again so *shrugs*
  3. ARCHIVED-ToePeg Guest

Some additional information for you:

Ghunret's quelling bolt
    power 69
    cast time 3.0 sec
    recovery time .5 sec
    duration 14.4 sec
    recast time 20 sec
    skill hallucinations
    required 100
    mastery 150
    stifle target
    decrease power of target by 29-35
    decrease power of target by 23-28 every 3.6 sec
    It stacks with Speechless. At my current level 30, I open with speechless & will use this on double up's, bosses etc.

I also went the Mespha's Brain Burst route and love it a ton. I play with the same group of folks more often than not and use this to crush through HO's like you wouldn't believe (because we use voice comm & there's a warlock in 'normal' group.) On just ordinary double ups we'll get 3 or 4 to fire, to give you an idea...

Thank you for your efforts.

Toepeg of Oggok
  4. ARCHIVED-Dainger Guest

Updated Ghunret's quelling bolt. Thanks ToePeg!
    If you could be kind enough to let me know if this info is taken with a Hallucinations Skill of 150 or higher i would appreciate it. I'd like the info updated to be taken at the Mastery level if possible.
  5. ARCHIVED-stewieG Guest

In Toepeg's post he states: "It stacks with Speechless. At my current level 30, I open with speechless & will use this on double up's, bosses etc."

which would mean he has the 150 skill in hallucinations :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Dainger Guest

/bonk Dainger
    Good eyes stewieG, thank you.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lolthinae Guest

Bump - because this is really useful information :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Aedosen Guest

Very well done summary on our training choices even though I didnt personally pick all the same it helped me a lot to decide what to take :)

I quite strongly disagree on the lvl 40 training choice though I think Tevalian's Seize Ego is great choice even at its current perhaps broken state also as we get new construct at lvl 46-47 so I dont think Basten's Construct of Light is that useful at lvl 50.

You said that Tevalian's Seize Ego isnt worth because it cant be cast on the move like Capture Mind true but why cant you just have both on your hotbar ? Atm I have them both there and find both very useful Capture Mind when I for some reason need uninterrupted cast like mob on me or just running away ;) But in most grp situations the mobs are attacking someone else than myself and I dont need to worry about getting interrupted and that 8 extra secs is very nice addition in my opinion.

Anyway just thought I would add my experiences with that spell to this thread to help people decide what to take :)
    Message Edited by Aedosen on 03-14-2005 12:42 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Dainger Guest

A very valid opinion Aedosen. I'm happy to hear other's are finding this information useful :smileyvery-happy:.
  10. ARCHIVED-Mermaiden Guest

*edit, nevermind, I'll just start a new thread. Noone looked here anyway, lol. I'll re-post if I get an answer. :smileyvery-happy:
    Message Edited by Mermaiden on 03-15-2005 12:16 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Lolthinae Guest

At what level do we get Capture Mind? I can't find it on any of the sites listing illusionist spells and I don't have it a lvl 38. All I have for mezzing is Entrance, and I thought the next upgrade would be Convincing Regalia at lvl 40. Am I missing something?
  12. ARCHIVED-Vurin Guest

38.6 for capture mind.
    Convincing regalia is our 21 second mez on a seperate timer.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lolthinae Guest

Aahh - thank you - should be getting it soon then - about 25% to go :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Dainger Guest

I'm looking for the following information to update this post:
    • Level 10:
      • Updated Basten's Rune's of Surety (preferrably mastered: level 50)
        • Illusionist input on how the new Basten's compares to unsar's soothing runes as the most beneficial long term choice. (aggro from runes is horrid)
    • Level 20:
      • Tevalian's Lingering Fascination
        • info on what level range this spell works on (i.e. what level mobs it ceases to effect)
    • Level 30:
      • Esdia's Chromatic Deluge
        • I know Sotaudi recently chose this as per his post in the spells and abilities forum: i'd appreciate updated info on when the issues you stated w/ it become fixed.
    • Level 40:
      • Tevalian's Seize Ego
        • For those who have chosen this spell, it would be beneficial if someone can post when you become able to run and cast this spell at the same time: As per some Dev/Designer posted looking into it lately.
      • Moeba's Chroma Clash
        • has there been a fix to this training choice. When i had tested it, the spell would give me an error every time it would attempt to have it's secondary effect trigger
    Message Edited by Dainger on 04-13-2005 05:40 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-auk Guest

Tevalian's Seize Ego Lingering Fascination affects targets level 35 and below.
    The duration is 50.4 seconds, btw, if you don't have that information yet.

Edited: Yeah, I'm an idiot. :)

Message Edited by auk on 04-14-2005 09:58 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-Dainger Guest

Seize Ego? or Lingering Fascination?
    I'm assuming Lingering Fascination....if so, that is some of the info i was hoping for....thanks alot auk.

Edit: Oh, also if you would be kind enough to garner all of the information off of the spell when you examine it, that would be much appreciated

i'll put it into a format similair to this.

• Power: 61
    • Casting Time: 2.0 seconds
    • Recovery: 0.5 seconds
    • Duration: 24 seconds
    • Recast Time: 10.0 seconds
    • Skill: Hallucinations - Required: 100 - Mastery: 150
    • Increases speed of target at all times by 32% (typo i believe, but what the info says)
    • Decreases AC of target vs. Divine, Magic, and Mental damage by 302-508
    • Inflict 48-59 damage on target
    • Decreases health of target by 38-46 every 4.8 seconds
    • (Credit goes to stewieG for the spell details marked by boxes)
    and i'll make sure you're name will be in the stars and credit you for it! :smileywink:
    Message Edited by Dainger on 04-13-2005 05:45 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Oghier Guest

Unsar's Soothing Runes really is an astounding amount of aggro, and that can actually be useful at times. There are times when I need to tank for a group (typically, critters far below me in level, but still green because I'm helping lower-level friends with a quest). When I do need to tank, I suspect Unsar's is among the best AoE taunts in the game ;) I use it for this purpose far more often then I use it to cure anything.
  18. ARCHIVED-Dufrest Guest

Moeba's Chroma Clash -

No fix on this spell yet. It does effect up to level 55 I think. It is on the same timer as stunning array. The second message that pops up is quite annoying its the same message that you get from Scorching Beam.
  19. ARCHIVED-auk Guest

Sure, I'll give you both my 20 and 30 options (and yeah, edited last post cuz I dunno what I was thinking of when I wrote it)

Tevalian's Lingering Fascination
    • Power: 43
    • Casting Time: 2.0
    • Recast Time: 8.0
    • Duration: 50.4
    • Required Skill: Hallucinations (100)
    • Mastery: Subjugation (150)
    • Effects:
    • Stun target
    • Prevent AOE
    • Only affects targets level 35 and below
    • Does not affect Epic targets

Kor-Sha's Adroit Seal
    • Power: 53
    • Casting Time: 2.0
    • Recast Time: 9.0
    • Duration: 15:00
    • Required: Hallucinations (150)
    • Mastery: Ordination (200)
    • Effects:
    • Increase Damage Per Second of target by 5%
    • Increase Attack Speed of target by 40%
    These are all from a level 37.5 character (188 maxxed casting skills)

And Unsaar's is pretty useful when you trigger the traps on those vases and such in the tomb of night... but otherwise, I used it once in combat, and never have since. :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Dainger Guest

auk,
    Thanks for the info, i have updated the original post w/ this info and now have an updated list of what i'm looking for.
    I usually don't post spell details for one of the training choices unless it has been mastered by it's user, for Kor-Sha's Adroit Seal i went ahead anyway. I somehow doubt it will change much any how by earning 12 more skill points - perhaps a decrease in the cost of power? Anyways, if you remember - once you've reached level 40 it'd be helpful if you could re-post the details.
    Thanks again auk! :smileyhappy: