Illusionist raid guide - ToT

Discussion in 'Mages' started by MrWashek, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Kraeref Well-Known Member

2. Sylke Well-Known Member

Yep, both will proc for the damage (even at the same time, sometimes). So there is benefit in using more than one.
    Kraeref likes this.
  3. Skiasss Member

I Feel like 30-40 mil is VERYYYY low in raids
  4. Hene New Member

How would a coercer fair in raid relative to an illy? Would they both be pretty even on single or dual target fights?
  5. Skiasss Member

I personally out parse our Coercers by Alot....
    Scrappyz likes this.
  6. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

A Well played Coe can keep up with an Illy, but since the Illy has the advantage of TW and IF said Illy has their cloak, an Illy will always out dps a Coe. I'm always out parsing our Coes even with the three of us mimicking the same target.

Also since the stat is mentioned here but it's also a general mage question, Are wands affected by accuracy or is it just melee/bows that are affected by it? and if not, would it better to go back to melee or stay with ranged? I ask because someone in channel the other day said that wands were not affected by accuracy and I wanted conformation as I may or may not have wasted a reforge.
  7. Yards Well-Known Member

Wands are affected by accuracy.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  8. Hest01 Member

Don't disagree with the fact that DPS is relative. Even given that fact 30 mil is low.
  9. MrWashek Member

You have to put into context changes to the game. This guide and dps samples were posted before jewelry rewamp, gear rewamp and second gear rewamp. 30 mil is low, it should be 60mil + now.
  10. Yu7777 New Member

Frend, there are a few issues.
    1 Why do not you throw up double in Chronomagic and rain of colors in the final branch of the illusionist.
    2 Why is not accepted Pet strengthening of the deity of the gods in the shadow of the branches.
    3 And bynthtcetn reason that caused the Wall Personae to abandon Personae take into Prestige field.
  11. MrWashek Member

1. Not using TC. Rain of Colors use it in your AE spec (for the two raid fights most of us can do), sure why not.
    2. Unless I am missing something with the new deity buff, the deity pet is really a minimal boost of 44 int.
    3. I am not using that because my pet never dies.
  12. Azian Well-Known Member

Yes, I noted this too and while I haven't gone out of my way to respec just because of this I no longer take the deity pet AA on any of my characters when I do go through a full respec. I actually put it in food/drink duration now since I'm running the really good stuff pretty much all the time and it adds up. :)
  13. Toxify Member

I'm new to illusionist and I have a question about Spellshield.
    How does it work? Does it just have a 67% chance to reflect a spell? Is it on a timer?
    Is it worth the concentration to put it on someone in a raid/heroic?

I've been just using the group and single target buffs instead.
    I don't really know how to test it with ACT.
    Any info would be cool :)

Thanks in advance
  14. Yu7777 New Member

This ability is not about anything. Hang it on yourself, when you think about it.
  15. Dolphinsgal Active Member

I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to post this and to those who responded too. I had already fallen in love with my made on a whim Illy but reading this has made playing her more fun, and I'm better prepared to use her in a group. I have reforged my gear to make my stats closer to the specs here and she's better except she dies more but that could be I'm not paying as close attention to her health bar. This has given me the confidence to start joining groups feel like I know the way my toon should be doing. So again Thank You very much for this.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  16. MrWashek Member

Update with current jewelry and armour.
    [IMG]

[IMG]