Illusionist raid guide - ToT

Discussion in 'Mages' started by MrWashek, Jan 12, 2016.

1. MrWashek Member

Fiery Blast rotation and FFU rotation, that is the right time to use mimicry. I wrote "pick two highest parsing guildies (wizard, assasin ideally) and ask them to macro a tell with "mimicry" in it", if they do not know when to send that tell, you might as well just mimic yourself or tell them to read their class guide, because that kind of wizard or assassin will give you 1M mimic DPS at best hehe :)
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Why not mimic BL or may be Shashy/Locks on big AoEs :)
  3. MrWashek Member

Lock is good, shashy - swashbuckler? :p Swash is not as spiky as assassin. Pet classes are generally bad for mimicry, but I have never played or played with beastlord, so I do not know for sure how that one works. Conjs and necros are bad for mimic.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  4. Tyman Active Member

BL is a great mimic target for their heavy hitting primals.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

BL have overall more frequent and more brutal DPS spikes compare to warlock during primal goes off
    Swashy ... those insane high DPS on any AoE fights they should beat wizards by very long mile
    As for lock ... we kind of 1 trick pony ... we need 180 increments FC up, SB up as well as Apoc and Rift :)
  6. MrWashek Member

Apart from trash masturbation you get to hit max 4 mobs at once in raid on very few occasions.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

In case of lock not necessary - we loosing to beasts because FC have 2.5 min with 100% reuse - but normal FC hit loaded track - provided we are fully charged with increment (and most warlock would not fire FC w/o 180) - basically the shorter overall fight the better warlock fire. Normal hit with FC (under TW) - PB-Apox-Rift (those 2 insta cast)-FHS-TA-TClap-Chains-Unda if DA up it also will goes in here... masturbation comes during increment building :)
  8. Mandoblast Active Member

Doom, please stop commenting on the warlock class that you STILL have no idea about. There are so many things wrong with your statement I do not know where to begin. Learn the warlock class, then come back to your statement. I am certainly no expert on the warlock class, but seriously....

As for TM, it is a 90 sec reuse which traditionally meant that the TM target (usually a warlock or wizard) would be great for the first TW rotation but since TW was on a minute and TM on 90 sec, waiting for TM to reset at 90 or missing a TM on the second TW at 1 minute were the only options. Now with the sin FFU chain and BL primals, enchanters have options.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

With all due respect .. illi don't have to target all the time same target... As about to learn .. it's more like "re-discovery" because I did raided with my warlock and coercer before most of you haven't start playing EQ2 on Nektulos server. While I am struggling in hitting over 60M it doesn't mean all warlocks do - in matter of fact better one hitting for 170M with only BL hitting on same fight over 300M...Plus I hope you would not argue that lock is better target for Mimic compare to wizard but if you imply that wizards beating you .. oh well ...
  10. Hest01 Member

Again... Highest DPS class is not necessarily who you want to mimic. You want to mimic the highest DPS class who's damage Mimics well. There are allot of high parsing classes that are terrible mimic targets.

Also, your TW rotation isn't about you or maximizing your dps. It's about supporting your group. So unless your group is ready to drop stacks etc on pull don't do TW on pull.

Just to level set... TW does not make your double cast 100...it adds 100 to your double cast. Unda benefits from double cast over 100...that is the only spell to my knowledge that does.

lly dps in raids should be 40mil plus. Many can do in excess of this ...with a excellent amends target and class cloak 70-80 mil dps is realistic. It does not matter how you get there..but your soft target should be 40 mil plus consistently.

That is just my .02 though... Feel free to disagree.
  11. MrWashek Member

Not sure who are you replying to or to what post. In my original post I stated exactly to pick two highest parsing guildies (wizard or assasin ideally). TW is not about maximizing your DPS, I just explained what to cast in TW sequence to maximize your output from it. Wizards are generally ready for FB sequnce 40-60 seconds into the fight, so there is no point wasting that time not casting TW, it is different on multiple targets though where they are good to FB in 20-30 seconds. In addition, you have a chance to reset your TW with Peace of Mind, so really no point holding back with that, another factor is that TW does effectively affect just handful of spells and it might give you 5% damage increase at peak, but using 3 Time Warps instead of 4 or 5 in one fight makes bigger difference. I have elaborated on Unda in another post on mage forums, maybe in this thread already, but it is good to remind ppl of how it works. If your raid is using temps and right jewelry and charms, you will get to 30-40mil with basic gear (that means AS/heroic gear without class cloak), cloak will pump your dps by another 10mil.
  12. Sylke Well-Known Member

Underlined part emphasized. You will not see 30-40m if your raid is not wearing the correct gear (and doing their jobs, as well). :(
  13. Hest01 Member

Not sure how to make this clearer... Highest parsing people are not necessarily the best mimic targets.

FB if chain if started pre pull will be ready maybe 10 seconds into pull..if not sooner. Not only will this help grab agro but normally classes that benefit most from FB will not get that benefit. Wait until your big boom classes tell you they are ready to drop their big boom. They tell you at the start of their big boom chain...which normally will give you time for it to go off.

In non-uber elite raid guilds...a good illy with a good amends target can do 60 mil dps plus with cloak. 40mil is not pushing the upper limits.
  14. MrWashek Member

I have the impression that you read half of the text you reply to. Anyway, DPS is relative. You can try very hard but if your raid composition is not ideal and only couple of ppl are wearing amplifying items, grp AE buffing jewelry etc, you will be doing 30mil max.
  15. Kraeref Well-Known Member

With regards to mimicry. I keep macros for three targets: assassin, wizard and warlock. All send me tells and I chose whoever comes first with my mimicry available and based on situation. It helps to keep my own dps steady without much of spiking.

Now I do have a question to all. Do the total advantage (myth wand) and early advantage (two hander) stack?

Thanks!
  16. MrWashek Member

Having more than one of the same effect increases the total trigger amount but you can not have the same effect stacked up two times (unless it is specified that these effects stack). However similar effects should stack (Early and Total Advantages have different buff name and buff different numbers, so my guess is yes, you can have both buffs at the same time. I do not have the myth wand tho so I can not test that for you :p
  17. Sylke Well-Known Member

Sadly, the Early and Total Advantage procs are identical so their buffs do not stack :(
  18. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I will test them then today and let you all know if they stack. Just to make sure.
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Trained on epic dummy. They stack. Damage of early advantage was twice higher with both 2-hander and a wand equipped. Probably because of different names of a buff.
  20. Sylke Well-Known Member

Both will proc (similar to scouts using 2 Lacerators), but only one of the buffs will affect you (because the buff names and effects are the same).

See here for more info: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-bow-wand-axe-of-flaying.567702/#post-6316346
    Kraeref likes this.