Iksar fashion (image heavy...sorta)

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Zabjade, Apr 3, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Because most human/mammal fashions don't really fit. that and EQ makes the frilliks too small, actually just reposting older pics to show someone. Ok just and excuse!!! *Don't hit*

Some are sketchy.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-FireDragon Guest

Awesome art.

Anyone got any good pictures of male Iksar?
  3. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

frills are too long IMHO looks out of place in EQ2's style.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Wildmage wrote:
    I HATE the short Frilliks on EQ2's female Iksar, I want to be able to adjust the size. After all they are the secondary female characteristic of the Iksar in place of breast larger frilliks mean more pheromones are released and wafted at the male and in danger situations they can look larger then another iksar is "a-cup/length" sized frilliks.

It's a matter of survival ;)

Kazaris>>>Bottom pic is a male iksar, sorry it is not finished.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

If they were that long, they couldn't fan out.
    They are meant to fan out.
    If they fanned out as long as they are portrayed, then the females would blow away, or turn into giant sails.

It's great artwork. A great depiction. But I don't think they could be made that long in game.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Sorry, but I'm going to have to agree. Those are much too long, they look a bit silly. (And your "lore" reasons, that's never really been said, has it?)

Although I'm with you that some more fashions (for all races) are called for... but I doubt that'd going to happen until the skeletal revamp - whenever that may be.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    The Iksar females are also lither. The frills are supposed to fan to make them look intimidating, on top of releasing pheromone when extended.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Dreyco wrote:
    They are pneumatic much like spider legs or the ahem, and they don't have to spread out that much most of the time ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Here is some stuff from the lore and legend section with a dev response. BTW the LONGEST Frilliks are the same Iksar who happened to be given the Boobie--er Frillik-prize in size, the younger girl is about average in size for her age.

The other grand master is also well endowed (Thoufh not as much as Zethrah Whiptail), I have a pic in the works finished of a more averagely endowed Iksar female. In a swimming suit no less! She is also an expecting mother. ;)

[IMG]
  10. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

the frills just look silly to me like someone wants to really be a draconic bunny
  11. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Wildmage wrote:
    To each his or her own, no one is forcing you to view them ;þ
  12. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    True, but im entitled to voice my opinion yes? Of course your also entitled to not listen as well. In any case I think their the lenght they are because for one reason or another long hair just doesn't seem to work with the current skeletal system given only the braid hair has any kind of length.
  13. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Hair? If an Iksar was to have any type of growth it would more likely be feathers ;)

(Sorry was watching a discovery channel show where to manufacture a dinosaur they would take an emu and switch on certain control genes ans switch off others making the newborn Emu into a Emusaurus and they demonstrated it by giving chicken's saurian tails, can we say cockatrice?)

Back on topic, I just prefer longer frilliks and less blocky-ness all we can do is agree to disagree on the matter ;) that and they need a sexy serpentine voice.

BTW if I was really going for the bunnysaurus route, I would have given her breasts ;)
  14. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

Well, okay, let's have a look at his post.

I love your take on the young female sketch and long frills on the mature ones!
    As do I. I think the artwork is fabulous. It's just not really feasable in the game modelling unless they change them 100%. Those are... long frills.
    The female iksar frills are called "frilliks" and have a few uses.
    1. Intimidation. Kunark is a harsh environment and the female iksar tend to be smaller than the males, making them more attractive prey to predatory creatures. These help the female look more dangerous when threatened.
    This is what I was talking about. They fan them out to intimidate others. They're not going to intimidate someone by just kind of flapping them. It's like the fan necked lizard. They spread them to make themselves look bigger and more dangerous. If the females in those sketches, in game, were to fan them out, the entire raid party behind them would be sent flying into the wall.
    2. Thermoregulation. During egg production the female iksar body temperature can fluctuate considerably. The frilliks help the female to more easily dissipate heat by cooling the blood in the many small blood vessels of the neck when needed.
    This makes sense. By fanning them out, they regulate their blood temperature. So again, having them extended doesn't just help make them look intimidating, it helps keep them cool.
    3. Pheremones. The female iksar have a pheremone gland behind each ear. The frilliks can be used to fan the pheremones into the air.
    A small "woo" with the frill isn't going to send a good amount of pheremone into the air. Again, they'd have to extend them.
    But that's the joy of art. It's an interpretation of what you see. I and others don't hate the drawings. we just don't think that it's really feasable to bring them into the game like that, unless the Iksar females were to get a complete graphical makeover to not only allow their frills to extend (which would make a lot of other players irate, because I know plenty who think it's cool), but a change in the entire physical structure of the female, eliminating some of the lore features that were listed above.

Good drawings :)
  15. ARCHIVED-AratornCalahn Guest

Is it wrong to get hot for a lizzard?
  16. ARCHIVED-DocFlareon Guest

AratornCalahn wrote:
    I would not call Iksar, or the Alliz Ew, lizards. They have more in common with crocodilians than lizards.
  17. ARCHIVED-Slaskia Guest

Eep! Zab, I love your Ikky art and all...but that egg is way to big for it to pass from her without killing her. One about half that size would be much more realistic. (plus...do Iksar only lay one egg? or an actual clutch? Lore isn't quite clear on that...)
    Anyway...on the 'original' subject matter....hope you don't mind be putting in an idea of my own. I'm still working on it though....(missing the clasp and cord/chain for the robe part)
    [IMG]
    Character depicted is 'techically' a necro, but in my fanfic he's starting to becoming something else....
  18. ARCHIVED-FireDragon Guest

Abive: More awesome art there =)

OP: I really like your semi-anime take on Iksar females. I actually really enjoy the large Frilliks you draw, they give a level of expressiveness that gives your art a very distinctive feel.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Dreyco wrote:
    Thank you for the compliment too I am hoping that they get included in the skeletal revamp.

Aratorn>>> I think all but the long frilliked one are spoken for.

Kazaris>>>Exactly why I have them longer the the graphic models...perhaps I'm trying to get them to include this in the Fabled Skeletak Revamp.

Slaskia>>>The egg is about the same size as a Human infant and the reptime eggs are soft and leathery especially when first laied they become harder later. This is also why I'm for wider hipts on Iksar as well ;)
  20. ARCHIVED-Nauddia Guest

Very nice drawing,i wish i could draw like you.but that'll never happen.there makeing me want to reroll my DE assassin(lvl 10 so no big deal)
    I Hope to see more of these in the future