If rent is not paid, DON'T show it as being paid in Broker!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Puckbone, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Estal Well-Known Member

It would probably be far less of a problem if they did away with having to pay for 1 week at a time and having to click away a confirm window...
    Just add a button to pay for 12 weeks at a time and another button to auto pay rent.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Seliri Well-Known Member

or why not a box to pay a user-entered # of days... ;|
    Prethicre, Bosconi, Guroleil and 2 others like this.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

they used to have somethign to pay from the bank If I recall wonder what happened to it.?
  4. slippery Well-Known Member

Auto-pay from escrow
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

ahh ok well it doesn't matter for me since all my toons have the lavastorm house available to them. love rent free prestige housing.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's still there; if you don't have enough cash on hand to pay rent, it'll take it from your Bank if you still keep going (up to 12 weeks or the cash in your Bank [not the Shared Bank] runs out, whichever comes first). At least, that's the way it was fairly recently for me (like, within the last 6 months or so). ;->

Uwk
    who also really, really loves the rent-free prestige places...I've got one LoN rent-free house, but the rest of my toons have to make do with a 2-room place with a portal to Mistmoore, since we're all 8-year (and 7, which is where the free Mistmoore comes from) veterans ;->
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Forget 12 weeks. I'd rather be able to pay for 52 weeks at once.
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I'd prefer an auto-pay from escrow option. Drop 5p into the house escrow and never have to worry about it again.

Edit: For the houses where rent is 5s, even 1p would be overkill, but you get the idea.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

we have that in eq1. you drop as much in escrow as you want and don't worry about it. however, each toon that owns a house has to sign in every 90 days or they get evicted - even if you own the house and bought it from the marketplace. it sucks royally. if I am focused on one of my many toons- or maybe 3 of them, the rest don't get much playtime until I am ready to shift my focus. however once every 90 days I have to remember (I write it on a calendar) to bring each toon in - one after another - on each account - for just a few minutes so they won't get eviction crates and have to go set everything down again. although I hate having to pay every 12 weeks, it is better than actually losing your house every 12 weeks. in eq2 if you don't pay, you don't get an eviction crate and everything is still there when you are ready to play again.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ahh, so that's why, in EQ2, they have that advice tip when you're zoning (one of several), reassuring you that nothing other than not being able to get in will happen if you haven't paid rent...for a game where an elven wizard could lob a fireball spell at an orcish necromancer, EQ1 seemed to fixate way too much on "realism." :-/

Uwk
    who RPG's in general to get away from RL hassles...
    suka likes this.