If rent is not paid, DON'T show it as being paid in Broker!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Puckbone, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Puckbone Member

Lots of masters in the 90s are expensive if you don't have plat to burn. If I can save 10 plat or more on a master by traveling to the players house to avoid broker's fees, I will. When the Broker lists the player's address, that used to mean his rent is paid, and you can access their house to buy their stuff. Complete waste of time if when getting to their house you can't get in due to rent not being paid. Adding insult to injury would be if you actually tried to find the housing in Timorous Deep (although that doesn't apply to me, as TD is so ****ed up I gladly pay the broker's fees just for not having to go there).
    Mindsway, Feara, Ragna and 2 others like this.
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

TD is easy. Neriak if you're good and not high enough to kill the guards is a royal pain in the tushie.

Edit: The TD houses are in the crafting area...which is easily accessed if you happen to discover that circle on the floor near the pool where you harvest the tinkerfest tokens (look on eq2maps). That little circle will teleport you to right outside the crafting/housing area.
    suka likes this.
  3. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have gone to my share of houses that didn't have rent paid. sometimes I am lucky and the person is online, a lot of the time not. Would be nice if it had a flagging system that shows you can't enter.

On a side note, a easy way to find housing when in town is hit alt +W , select the address on the list and if your close that wispy trail should pop up if not hit M for map and look for the blinking X
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Seriously. They should allow anyone to pay your rent for you if you have broker crates placed (just like they force you to accept visitors when you have them.)

I'll happily give some schmuck at 8 Indigo Road 5 silver to save 20 plat in fees.
  5. Seliri Well-Known Member

i thought part of the merchant seller description didnt show if they didnt have rent paid, srs... o_O''
    Bosconi, Prethicre, Guroleil and 2 others like this.
  6. Kilar Active Member

This is the reason that I sell from a prestige home. No rent/access problems :) I was always forgetting to pay rent before these houses were introduced.
    Feara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That was part of it way back when; there's a bad bug in there now. I've noticed it, too; I'd see my own self or alts having stuff for sale, with the note they could be visited, then getting surprised when I couldn't enter myself without paying the rent. :-/

Uwk
    suka likes this.
  8. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Or... just let us pay rent for them.

Or... get rid of house rent. It's more an annoyance than a cash sink anymore anyway.
    Feara and Deveryn like this.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

it has before something must have bugged out in a patch, update or expansion. that wasn't caught.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

you go to the bell on the docks of timerous deep and then into the cave area where the merchants are. in back of that is a cave area with ramps leading up to the village. as you go into the final cave area, on the right hand side, is a little red portal. that will land you right by the collections guy. then to the right of the portal is a door. go in that door and through the hallway and you will be in the crafting and housing area. all of the housing, including the guild hall, is right there. took me awhile to figure it out too but once i got my guild hall there because the architecture was prettier than anywhere else, i fell in love with the little town. the only drawback to it is that the only provisioner in town to buy food from is back in the cave behind the dock area on the platform- still easier to reach than searching everywhere else for it.

As for people not paying their rent, yeah it's a drag. it's like you go to get stuff from them at their house and you get a window asking if you want to pay their rent to be able to enter. do they really think i am going to pay their rent just to buy from them?
  11. suka Well-Known Member

you don't have to accept visitors. you can choose not to set your crates down. that way the only people buying from you will buy directly from the broker and not visit you if your direct sale price is cheaper than someone else with a veteran crate that only pays 10% in broker fees.
    edit: and they do allow them to pay the rent- we just don't want to. it's your house, you are getting our money for your product and it is not our responsibility to pay before we can enter. simple as that.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

we wish. no it always tells you where the crates are located, but when you try to get in,because it is set to visitor, they ask if you want to pay the rent first.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

i've gone to simply see a house or two that were on the leaderboards and the pics looked good and was asked to pay the rent before i could go in to see- figured if it wasn't worth it to them to keep the rent up then i didn't need to see it that badly.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

wish they would get rid of house rent - not like soe makes any money off rent. but no i don't want to pay their rent and yes they will let you pay it or am i missing something here? i've never tried to pay the rent but i figure if i am asked if i want to pay it, then that means i can?
  15. Prrasha Well-Known Member

When did this change? I can pay rent on houses where I am a "friend" or "trustee", but I don't get a pay-rent window for houses where I'm only a "visitor".
  16. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Haven't hit a house with expired rent since last game update, but I sure wasn't offered an option to pay the rent then. Went and bought the item from some else who HAD their rent paid up.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Oh heck yes. I hate having crossed the whole world and skulked around Freeport only to find that the person hasn't paid rent. Of course, I've also done this only to find that someone else bought the item I was after before I could get there, which is not happy making!
  18. suka Well-Known Member

i don't know, but i went recently to buy something and the house was published so i chose to visit it and get the product but when i did i got the response- you can't visit this house until the rent is paid. would you like to pay it now?
  19. Prrasha Well-Known Member

So possibly only for published houses. Still needs a fix, then.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

yes come to think of it, i was visiting houses with my baby toon on another server because i sometimes like to go look and she got the same thing when one of the houses she was trying to visit was unpaid. I have only found it on published houses from the leaderboards