I Vote No PVP and Yes Account to Account transfers

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gerak, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Gerak Well-Known Member

How about we get somebody working on account to account transfers that keep getting pushed back for lack of bodies to work on them instead of a NEW PVP server?

Just my own take on worker utilization.
    Svenone, Kheldar, Probe One and 5 others like this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Account to account transfers have to be done with GM intervention to help prevent account hacks and character thefts. You also usually have to have a recurring sub with a registered credit card going for multiple months first for the same reason, too.

Otherwise, hackers would use stolen credit cards and abuse any automated system to steal characters and accounts for gold farming/PL services etc., which used to happen in MMORPGs all the time in the years before devs and publishers implemented these preventative measures.

I doubt you'll be seeing any changes to the process anytime soon.
  3. Gerak Well-Known Member

That's the way they were handled before they were stopped a year ago.
    Probe One likes this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Daybreak has had multiple rounds of layoffs. They don't have any GMs left, really, so they can't do that sort of thing anymore. I think there's only one CM for the forums here besides. Even Syrah was let go, and as far as I know, he was really the only liason that the Player Studio creators had.

All we can do is hope that this new NantWorks company finds it in their hearts to increase EQ2's dev team again, although I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

I doubt spinning up a new virtual PvP event server would be done by a GM anyway, though; that would be more back end stuff, with a few dev tweaks, and they've probably still got Deathtoll's basic rule set backed up to copy. The two types of work seem a bit like apples and oranges.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

What pvp?
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Pixistik likes this.
  7. semisus Does not play this game

I think they should consider doing some server merge before doing new pvp server , if a new server like this appears then the servers that are already struggling with low population are gonna suffer even more
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

They just merged SH into AB. The other servers are doing fine. I have characters on all of them, and even weekdays there are many people running around in every zone I visit. How much can you expect from a 14-year-old game?

I imagine the devs are most concerned with getting all the EQ2 players who are usually silver to pay for gold subs. Devs can't eat unless they get paid. So putting up a sub-only event server (like all the other TLs and former event servers have been) makes the most sense. That's why they keep doing it: F2P players aren't keeping the lights on.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Fistpower Well-Known Member

I agree. Scrap the pvp idea and produce proper engaging content for live and the one TLE that barely gets updated.

There just arent enough people around that wants to play EQ2 to keep pumping out more and more gimmicky servers. Servers are already hurting
    Kheldar, Heijo, GrunEQ and 5 others like this.
  10. Castegyre Well-Known Member

This PvP talk makes no sense to me in regards to how it might benefit this game or its customers. It makes a lot more sense if this game and its players are being used to further some other goal. I'm a fan of PvP, but honestly I've never been impressed with it in EQ2. I was barely impressed with it in EQ. I don't think it's ever been done well in either game. If I thought the company or the games could support well done and supported PvP here I might have more optimism. In the current state I don't see any way that's possible. I don't want to see limited resources thrown at what will amount to being a gimmick. I even less want to see paying customers taken advantage of in the process. Especially not if the end result goes towards some completely different product or fizzles out into nothing at all.
    Kheldar, GrunEQ, Gillymann and 2 others like this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

For whatever reason, the devs keep trying to bring back PvP in some form or another. For better or worse, none of the recent attempts have been very successful. (Battle grounds, TLE PvP, proving grounds, ect).
    While I'm not interested in PvP, the main issue I have with all these various attempts is lack of man power. The dev team is smaller then it healthy for just the PvE side of things...
    They don't even have a crafting dev any more...
    I feel they should add man power if they're going to add systems that are, inevitably, going to add man hours.
    Kheldar, Heijo, Rosyposy and 6 others like this.
  12. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if the devs come up with a plan that will bring more players and money to the game, because if it involves pvp in any way, a small minority of pve players on the forums shoot it down lol.

The excuse that everything pvp has failed is a weak argument. Anything that stops receiving attention will fail. Which is why stormhold died along side deathtoll.

These people are more worried about themselves rather than the health of the game overall. It's a sad sight.
    Siren likes this.
  13. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Straw man.

But its true. Battlegrounds were a nice addition, but it died after just 2 years because of balance issues and not having enough players. Nagafen had less than 100 players the last 1½ year of its life doing /who all.

Its not a sad sight. Its the truth. Everytime they tried to revive PvP it has failed. Death toll died after just 6 months and even after the devs fixed all the issues and added items u could buy for free to help with the massive CC issues, people never returned and the server was shutdown after just 10 months.

Just because YOU like PvP does not render every other EQ2 players opinion about it wrong. Its a fact that they have the smallest team they ever had and they can barely keep up with updating Fallen Gate and "fixing" content so its enjoyable, let alone class balance that was supposed to come in PoP but was scrapped. You really think they got the team or man power to setup a proper PvP server that is any in any shape or form acceptable to PvP players?
    Kheldar, Rosyposy and Rhodris like this.
  14. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

But its true. Battlegrounds were a nice addition, but it died after just 2 years because of balance issues and not having enough players. Nagafen had less than 100 players the last 1½ year of its life doing /who all.
    Battlegrounds were introduced in 2010 and didn't become barren until 2015 due to dev abandonment. They were still popular and a main source of pvp in 2014....

Its not a sad sight. Its the truth. Everytime they tried to revive PvP it has failed. Death toll died after just 6 months and even after the devs fixed all the issues and added items u could buy for free to help with the massive CC issues, people never returned and the server was shutdown after just 10 months.
    Stormhold, a PVE server, failed for similar reasons. It's all about support.

Just because YOU like PvP does not render every other EQ2 players opinion about it wrong.
    Solid strat trying to twist this discussion in an attempt to make it look like I'm just talking about me, myself and I lol. Grasping at straws.

Its a fact that they have the smallest team they ever had and they can barely keep up with updating Fallen Gate and "fixing" content so its enjoyable, let alone class balance that was supposed to come in PoP but was scrapped.
    You really think they got the team or man power to setup a proper PvP server that is any in any shape or form acceptable to PvP players?
    Why would they dedicate time and effort to something if they didn't have the resources??? A new pvp option in this game couldn't be any worse than what live or TLE is now.
    Pixistik, Argosunited and Siren like this.
  15. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Battlegrounds were awesome locked at 39. When they put a stop to that, it was done.
    Xianthia and Pixistik like this.
  16. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

It was the best thing the game had going for it if you liked to dabble in killing other players..I miss it.
    Argosunited likes this.
  17. Wilowsong Active Member

I vote PvP AND account transfers!!! :)