I see no beastlord or channelers in beta

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Silverdragonx, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Silverdragonx Member

Because it'll make everything too easy, from raiding to pvp. I thought the point of TLP was to get it back to as close as possible to the original game release. 2 extra powerhouse classes....yeah don't think so.

And it's not like the server won't see them. They just weren't in the original base game. They'll come out when we reach the level cap/expansion that they released in.
  2. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

They are two classes that were not introduced until the game was level 90+. They were not designed or tuned to be played at level 50. They do not belong on the TLE server, plain and simple*.

Yes, there is other stuff in the game right now there wasn't at launch, but let's not go down this slippery slope of "oh well, X wasn't in, so why not allow Y?" With weak reasoning like that, you could argue why are mercs not allowed, or dungeon maker, or guild halls, etc? You have to draw the line somewhere. Yes, you're not going to please everyone that way, but you never will regardless.

Edit: *until their respective expac
  3. Veems Member

Yeah... let's hope the server gets locked before that x-pack comes along.
  4. Odyssey Active Member

They have already said that Channeler's and Beastlord's will be available. Saying that these classes are not in game because they were not designed or tuned to be played at level fifty is just stupid. How were you supposed to get these classes from 1-90? Oh that involved playing at level fifty. Plus given the current state of the game none of the classes were designed or tuned to be played with the current content at level fifty.
  5. sk8ingecko New Member

Your argument would be valid if all previous classes were still tuned for pre-90 content. That's not the case for any class at the moment truthfully. Its been many years, a lot of buffs and tweaks, and revamps later since level 50 was the cap in which any of the classes were tuned around or balanced. In all truthfulness, especially in regards to the beast lord, all of the classes are more or less tuned, tweaked, and revamped at the same degree.

Gotta remember even the classic classes are not going back to their original setup. Sure we are not getting AA but neither are the newer classes. And all classes have been updated. So the only truthful reason to keep them locked is for pure "they weren't in x expansion" nostalgia. But as for power levels vs classic classes they have no real significant difference.

I'd even gander they might be weaker as they never, ever, were around when AA wasn't a thing and are perhaps a lot more dependent on it at earlier levels then their classic partners.

Also from a lore standpoint beastlords really should have been in at launch.
  6. Dixa Active Member

aren't both of these classes heavily reliant on AA and being at max level?

their performance is likely to not be all that hot given the lack of AA on these servers.
  7. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I can't have a launch type mystic cause the pet was moved to AA at some point and yet I also can't have a BL or channeler cause they weren't at launch. Lose lose.
    In any case, it's fairly clear the masses are against such a move and I shan't beat a dead horsie cause that's just mean ;)
  8. Odyssey Active Member

They have said BL and channeler will be in.
  9. Wrathis New Member

Like in from the start or added later?
  10. Odyssey Active Member

In from the start. Let me see if I can find where it was said.
  11. Veems Member

Funny... I've read there will not be recently. http://eq2.zam.com/story.html?story=36218 Scroll down to eq2 and holly states that channeler and beastlord will not be there. "we're disallowing a bunch of stuff like Channelers and Beastlords to start with." July 2nd
    Iadien likes this.
  12. Dreadtalon Active Member

I've no interest if there are no Beastlords from the start. And if too many people leave current content to play time-locked, I'll have no interest in the game, period.

Dreadtalon, a Freetard of Freeport
  13. Veems Member

Well my friend, then I suspect you will be gone soon, for the servers should not have the classes unless they are tweaked which isn't happening as of now. The current servers will not be "dead" but will not be as populated if they get Tlp done right.
  14. TeholB New Member

Big threat from a big person.
    :rolleyes:
  15. Ferrum New Member

It is posted in the progression server faq. All classes and races available.

Im very dissapointed in the decision to leave them out and hope they reconsider.
    Yuudai likes this.
  16. Trivursar Active Member

BL's alone would be insane in combat, especially PvP. Even without AA access, they still have their savagery and their attacks triggered from it. While the rest of the classes are hitting for 200-500 at level 20, BL's would be hitting for 800+. That alone is enough of an unbalance to leave them out, let alone the fact that they came out quite far into the game as it is. They have no place on TLE for a long time.
  17. Dreadtalon Active Member

Even for a Dark Elf I'm rather short, actually. My ears however; are very, very long...

Dreadtalon, a Freetard of Freeport
  18. Silverdragonx Member

well, let's just throw in mercs also while we're at it then since the current classes aren't in tune anyway. Might as well add in guild halls and flying/leaping mounts too, because it's not like everything is the exact same anyway right? As for mercs, from a lore standpoint, I'm sure people hired their services out for money in any world. So no problem there.