I see no beastlord or channelers in beta

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Silverdragonx, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Silverdragonx Member

AND it's a great thing! Please keep it that way until the respective expansions that they are to be released in. I don't think anyone wants them in the time locked server so not sure why the faq says that they will be available.
  2. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I want them ;) As illogical as that may be. First off, I don't like to be far away from having a Meatbeast warder and secondly, I've never played a channeler and was looking forward to trying something *new* on the *old* server stlye, perhaps while wearing *blue* and *borrowing* a weapon from someone.
    lonestryder likes this.
  3. SeaJae Member

I understand where you're coming from here, but don't forget that the two classes came out post AA. I'm not exactly sure how they'd function without it.
  4. Bobfish New Member

I want them, Beastlord should've been in the game at launch, would love to experience that original feeling with it.

Probably won't resub if it isn't there, I've spent more than enough time playing the launch classes to not really care about them anymore.
  5. Veems Member

Well, I'm sorry but if that's the case you don't understand the reasoning behind these servers. The only "New" that's coming to the server is the fixing of past mistakes. If you're wanting new then go to the current servers. It would of been neat to have them at the beginning but to add them now would be a mistake.
    Charlice, Iadien and Moonpanther like this.
  6. Bobfish New Member

I don't see how allowing these two classes in on day one changes anything for you or anyone else?

I want to progress through the content in the same way that is was introduced to the game, starting the whole experience fresh with a touch of that nostalgic feeling from launch. Having the Beastlord and Channeler there will not diminish or trivialise any of that content or the other classes.
  7. Veems Member

I hate to say but It would. That's two new classes that were never there at the beginning disregarding the lack of nostalgia, one of the two classes (looking specifically at channeler) would completely demolish all the other classes at max level (50).
  8. Bobfish New Member

I assume it hasn't been balanced properly because it was a late edition. But is it really that far out of whack?
  9. Veems Member

Channeler itself isn't that powerful at current max level. It's just certain abilities they get at 50 that would make them over powered imho.
  10. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I get that there are totally good reasons not to use them. I guess it's harder for me to *accept* it cause I don't raid or pvp, I just play by myself so me being a channeler can't possibly *hurt* anyone in an obvious way, but the game is about more then me after all :) I'm not upset or angry about the choice, but if it's not set in stone, I fell I have to at least toss out my feedback.

PS. I just realized this thread isn't in beta feedback, sorry :(
  11. Iadien Active Member

Yes. It really would be that far out of whack. Channelers are far too powerful at end game for current max level.
  12. Bobfish New Member

I kind of agree with what you're saying, but I'm not sure I want to invest another couple of years into a class I've already spent a few years on. Beastlord and to a lesser degree, Channeler, are completely new to me, they were added long after I stopped playing EQ2 regularly.

I guess if this is how it will be, I will cast my eyes once more over the class list to see if there is anything that might entice me, but I'm not confident there is.
  13. Veems Member

I understand why you would want new classes as repetitive old content can get boring very quick and exploring it from a new view would seem very appealing but unless they do some major remodeling for the class as it stands it would be a huge flaw in the servers and since they've already stated they're not doing any new coding.... sadly, I don't see it happening.
  14. Silverdragonx Member

lol, if you want nostalgia, stop wanting new classes that wasn't there when it all began. Should we throw in aa's so we can get a touch of nostalgia while trying new things? What about mercs, oo how would that work with old content? Where does it end? If you want new stuff, play the current servers and lock your character anyway you wish.
  15. Mystfit Well-Known Member

That's the thing that hangs me up. I wanna slow crawl with one character. Not get a case of alt-its. I don't wanna wait until goodness knows when we I can get a BL/Channeler. And then go back and do it all again when everyone else will be then being enjoying whatever expansion it is they've opened then. So, I kinda wanna do it now when the server is new.
  16. Yuudai Member

Good, they shouldn't be in until their respective expansion comes out
  17. Charlice Well-Known Member

They would be far too overpowered in PvP. If you want to play them, there's live.
  18. Rarrum Active Member

Beastlords were not part of a real "expansion". They basically just sold them as a non-content-thing on the side at one point.

Personally, I'll not even consider touching these new servers if beastlord is not available. It's the only class I care about. It would be nice to actually see that lower level content in normal groups for the first time. Back when I originally went through it all, it was all just a ghost town.
  19. Crowder Member

There is going to be a lot of stuff on the TLP server that wasn't in the game at launch. Whats the point in not allowing the extra classes?
  20. Silverdragonx Member

Too bad they were released when the level cap is way higher than level 50, and it shows. It'll trivialize content/pvp combat. Why not just level lock and aa lock and do it on the current live servers?