I have not heard of an account being hacked like this before

Discussion in 'Account Related Support' started by ARCHIVED-Luag, Aug 23, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

I would just like to state that I did not say what was quoted up above....lol
  2. ARCHIVED-MindParadox Guest

Shareana wrote:
    yeah, Shareana didnt say that, i did :p
  3. ARCHIVED-Hiryu Guest

Yeah the qouting code messed up.
  4. ARCHIVED-DinKie Guest

Not sure if this has any relevance to what happened but...

The day after, or maybe the same day, I had two of my accounts hacked, I zoned one character into the docks in Commonlands and saw one of the characters from my other account just sitting there. The strange thing is that I had another characted logged in from that account. I quickly logged in the toon that I was looking at, and zoned that into commonlands. So I had 2 Troll SK's on the docks in CL with the same name. One had the disk from the Deepwater Knights, the other (mine) did not as it had been sold!
    I took a screen shot and tried to send in a petition which failed 3 times

So the question is, how can the same character be logged in twice?
  5. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

MindParadox wrote:
    Lol. ok that one made me laugh. One has to laugh at the smaller things :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

DinKie wrote:
    I think that would buckle my brain! I really hope that all you guys get your accounts sorted and I trust that SOE will then make a concerted effort to get to the bottom of this, as it looks increasingly as if the problem isn't, as is usually thought, a case of careless users.
  7. ARCHIVED-sickmanjamie Guest

/sigh.. well the start of day 14 for myself with no end in sight it seems..i dont even know what else to say..can we please get some kinda ETA because im almost ready just to tap out.
  8. ARCHIVED-MoJo' Mojo Guest

My ticket now says waiting for GM, does that mean it is safe to play on my account? Or should I wait till the ticket says Solved?
  9. ARCHIVED-sickmanjamie Guest

well mine has said waiting for GM for 2 weeks now..i got that after i showed it was my account..so i have been able to log in and the only thing i can do is talk with guildies and thats about it
  10. ARCHIVED-MoJo' Mojo Guest

well I got 2 emails saying money was recovered and such and made mention of doing a roll back. So Im confused. In one sentence she says she recovered all the money and such. And in another sentence she says account is being rolled back. Guess I'll just wait and see. I dont want to log in and start playing and screw things up on her end.
  11. ARCHIVED-sickmanjamie Guest

yeah i can see that..but with me they didnt say anything about a rollback and there just going to replace everything i guess by hand..not 100% sure...i still would like some kinda of ETA..is it going to be another day, week,2 weeks, or a few more hours..i get they have alot on there plate but come on..at least they can do is give a guess at an ETA instead of us just sitting here in the dark.
    the more time that go's by the more i am getting PO'ed..i have been with SOE almost 10 years now and never had to wait this long for anything..they say they will get to it soon on other issues about people that have a SA account because they cant get to toons they play maybe 1-2 times a month or if that and i and other sit here getting nothing and we cant play the toons we play everyday!!
    just getting alittle fed up
  12. ARCHIVED-TSR-JamisonW Guest

It's gotten a little more backed up. The rough quote I got just now is roughly 10 days-two weeks. sickmanjamie, I think you're in the home stretch here.
  13. ARCHIVED-GoHogs Guest

A rollback is what I have been dreading. I am sure it's easier to do than to replace items individually and I guess it's better than nothing but I have continued playing since my account was ransacked and have spent DKP on several raid drops which I have adorned as well. I assume these are going to vanish when my characters are rolled back, which is going to suck. I have started updating my petition every time I get something new in the hopes that they will restore these items after the rollback. It will certainly be easy for them to verify that I have the new items - they can look at them before doing the account rollback. I guess I'll find out in another week or so.
  14. ARCHIVED-sickmanjamie Guest

TSR-JamisonW wrote:
    thanks for the heads up JamisonW..you been a big help this whole time and i want to say thank you again for doing you job really really well..and if theres away for the people that you have helped in these rude times to get you a pay raise i will send what ever to whom even to get that done..LOL

thanks again JamisonW
  15. ARCHIVED-TSR-JamisonW Guest

GoHogs wrote:
    What they just told me was that if this is your first compromise, they are going to go through it line by line and replace missing items/plat. If this is not your first time and you've been compromised before, they will very likely roll you back to a last known good state.
    So, If this is your first time, you can continue playing without worry while you wait.
  16. ARCHIVED-MindParadox Guest

yeah, thanks to friends helping me, i have continued to play my accoutn in lieu of any information, now im am going to push for them to simply replace the quest items, plat and things that were sold by hand instead of a rollback myself
  17. ARCHIVED-Hiryu Guest

TSR-JamisonW wrote:
    'cept for the duration that they have your account locked down :/
    That said, I'd rather have a roll-back to last Fridaynight. That way I'll know for sure I will have everything back.
  18. ARCHIVED-TSR-JamisonW Guest

Hiryu wrote:
    There's no good reason you shouldn't have your account open again within a business day or two after submitting your ticket. If you want to speed that up just give us a call and we take care of that part of the process right then and there.
  19. ARCHIVED-GoHogs Guest

TSR-JamisonW wrote:
    Thanks! This is a big relief - this is the first time I have had anything like this occur and I am glad to hear that the progress I have made since this happened will not be erased
  20. ARCHIVED-Binek Guest

Day 8 today and still no new news from SOE incident # 100902-001068.
    Guess we are still waiting on the overworked GM's.