I hate this XPack

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by wrwoodman, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

People DID comment on all the negatives during beta for THIS expansion. And were blown off.
    Aethos, Ashandra, Xillean and 4 others like this.
  2. Chath Well-Known Member

This seems too pessimistic. There's been a lot of issues with this expansion, sure - but there's been signs that they've been listening to feedback, such as adding cbo items to the merchant in Raj'dur and the H3 weekly in contested for no-trade shinies, for example.

I think we were in a very painful transition phase as they try to get a handle on sources of stats and switching to crit bonus/fervor as the main bottleneck over potency was far more destructive than anticipated. My main concern right now is as they dump baseline sources of fervor from adorns (mystery/insight/embers/juxtaposition/etc look to be going away) that this will shift fervor sources even more strongly to raid-specific sources like flawless buff and sets and classes that already seen as the strongest options within their archetypes.
    Twyla and SolarFaire like this.
  3. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Yup.
    Aethos, Scrappyz and Ashandra like this.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Aethos, Scrappyz and Ashandra like this.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Scrappyz and Ashandra like this.
  6. Nunja Well-Known Member

[/quote]If you're a player who finds this content really frustrating, one of the best things you could do to help the game is to participate in the beta for the next expansion and give feedback on the roadblocks you encounter, mentioning your specific stats to allow for reproduction. I think it's pretty likely that your experiences are a bit underrepresented in their testing.[/quote]

I have beta tested this game since 2004 every expansion. It is frustrating when you put in the feedback and bug reports and it is all ignored. Hell I am still waiting for a response from Kander from KA or POP beta about class balance......will never see it. Tons of us put everything we have gaming wise into this game and it is taken for granted. I know 2 of my friends and myself work on all the wiki's each beta, report all the bugs we find, and feedback/report any issues...yet game still has those bugs even to this day. So it definitely doesn't seem like it is a more people need to be on beta issue....it is a we need to be heard and they need to listen.
    Scrappyz and SolarFaire like this.
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The beta is not really a beta and most of us have caught on to that by now. It's testing, yes, but although it appears to be a full beta test of the entire expansion, it's actually only a few specific areas they're actually interested in feedback on. The purpose of the beta is marketing plain and simple. It's there to push units. They add in extremely important (may as well uninstall if you don't have it) pre-order bonuses to force your hand and it's win-win for Daybreak.

One of the many reasons I quit.