I hate this XPack

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by wrwoodman, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Bentenn Well-Known Member

are you wearing torment rune? That's usually the cause of a back to back death...
    Feara and Twyla like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this expansion sounds like fun,o_O NOT ;)
    MikeBob2023 and Twyla like this.
  3. Twyla Well-Known Member

Nope. I don't have that thing equipped.
  4. Chath Well-Known Member

If you're a player who finds this content really frustrating, one of the best things you could do to help the game is to participate in the beta for the next expansion and give feedback on the roadblocks you encounter, mentioning your specific stats to allow for reproduction. I think it's pretty likely that your experiences are a bit underrepresented in their testing.
    Feara and Aethos like this.
  5. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I do the beta testing - sig line, TS sig line, all solo quests including POI/PH and if I can get a group together h1/2.

This expac, they decided to raise the resolve of h1/2 two weeks before expac going live. Now I know I told them was too high at that point (and I am sure others did too). Going into h1 at 80 to 90 below resolve after doing all the solo content etc is not what I call fun.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Problem is, lot of folks that do the beta testing and tend to give good feedback year after year, are getting fed up with said feedback being either ignored or getting overturned 2 days before launch
    Manafizzle, Swanga, Feara and 10 others like this.
  7. iealuwen New Member

This thread is only a sliver of the things wrong. I have been playing this game since EQ1, hardcore raider, raid/guild leader been leader of #2 raiding guild on a server. I logged out for the last time right after this xpack came out. There is way to much crap in this game now. Too many spells, too much borrowed power, too much time gating and or make you spend rl money to be relevant. WAY to many stats... I could elaborate more, but no one would read it anyways. Just same ole complaints that they ignore and keep pumping out more crap.
  8. pumancat Well-Known Member

Crit Bonus - 27,500
    Potency - 1,000,000
    Fervor - 600
    Resolve - 9240 , Now since the nerf, 8,890
    So far as I recall in another thread, these are the stat requirements for H1 content. I have spent the last 4 months busting my A** trying to get gear, readjusting my AAs, leveling up my fam, pets, mount and merc. To no avail of hitting the numbers. I'm always seeming to get close, but always falling short, even when I upgrade.
    What's the secret? I see lots of people running in the contested just blowing through the low lvl nameds. Upon inspecting them, it looks like they're just wearing all the normal gear and adorns. Then I look them up on EQ2U, and their stats are outrageous. HOW?! I'm wearing 425/430 res gear, T2 adorns. Merc is lvl 18 with all upgraded gear, fam is max lvl, mount is max. AAs seem best balance with all the CB maxed. I even have and do three of the clicky adorns.
    Res - 8,985
    Ferv - 547.4
    CB - 27.429
    Pot - 896,533.9
    It still takes me over 10 minutes to fight the easiest named in the contested ( Horse lady ) This has become less a game and more masochistic lesson in frustration. And now since the GU, I've been resisted to a crazy extent as well.
    Rant over. Anyone have any advise, feel free.
    Darreien - AB
  9. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Your fervor for one is low.. probably missing the flawless buff, whether the old or new one. Potentcy is meh really this expac. Need to have familiar leveled up and have the jubilee buff for it. Injectors for CB to put on most of your pieces. CBOC gear to get above your cap. Temps come from overseers or crafters. Field Medic from h1 completion.. just a few things off top of my head
  10. Bentenn Well-Known Member

So i know the devs are good at math...

average group member 4 billion health...
    damage 12-15 billion on certain effects from mobs that can't be tanked by tank for sec due to effects.. yes I'm talking h3 unrest atm lol...guess what it equals...death

@caith, just one of many frustrated players that wish you would fix how the damage is affected by different healers. You continue to lose more players every day, whether you will admit it or not. I could care less if art is messed up, gear looks ugly, please concentrate on mechanics and use the player feedback in beta this time, because YOU (Caith) do not, absolutely do not play this game. Trust your player base. Shoot, pick a few top players from multiple guilds and get a little separate chat together and come up with options. Anything can be better.
  11. Feara Well-Known Member

You mean, this hasn't been going on behind the scenes already? Surely.
  12. Priority Well-Known Member

I've heard of nobody in direct contact with itemization in an actual conversation in over a decade.
    Aethos, SolarFaire and Feara like this.
  13. Observing Active Member

If one is attempting to go from solo to heroic, how can one obtain these flawless buffs, all of which require heroic or raid content?
  14. Priority Well-Known Member

Seems you already know the answer
  15. pumancat Well-Known Member

What is the Flawless Buff? Familiar is lvl 10 with the Jubilee buff and won't lvl any higher. And what is Field Medic?
    Thanks
    Darreien - AB
  16. Blambil Active Member

This.

You can have more than enough resolve, and yet do ZERO DPS, as a group, to a mob. And have no idea why.

This.

Resolve is the visible gate. CBOC is the invisible gate. Pick ONE please.
    Chath and SolarFaire like this.
  17. Blambil Active Member

27.5k will still give you 20-40 minute fights

IMHO, needs to be 30k MIN, and 32k will make you even happier.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yep. Play a warlock, have all the numbers, still not do damage.
    Aethos, Twyla and SolarFaire like this.
  19. Chath Well-Known Member

Field Medic is an adornment you can get from an achievement from doing all the basic H1 instances in RoR (excluding Unrest H1, contested H1 mobs, etc), or it'll become available from the panda quests in Sundered Frontier in a few weeks. It's a clicky that gives a group buff of a heal over time and a few hundred crit bonus, very powerful. Other sources of crit bonus are temporary adornments called injectors (search for 'injector' on the broker), or painlinks. The week 1 panda quest this year unlocks crit bonus overcap adornment for ears which is quite nice. One of the merchants in Raj'Dur also now sells crates for currency from contested that give 425/435 crit bonus overcap jewelry for solo and heroic currency, respectively. Flawless Buff is an extremely powerful fervor buff that's obtained/powered up from achievements. In VoV it came from either doing all H2 instances or raiding, while in RoR it comes from doing all H3 instances or getting flawless on raid mobs. Other sources of fervor/crit bonus that I can't tell whether you might have from your eq2 profile include The Price Paid clicky from doing Merchant's Den challenge mode, mount saddle/shoes, and the mercenary infusion buff (now buyable from the Raj'dur merchants, I think?) that increases your merc buff. AA-wise you want to take bountiful feast to make the sizable buffs from food/drink larger, assuming you have the shadowed ethereal increases to AA done (if not, you need to obtain those. I don't know if they're still only from Savage Weald merchant or if they've added another way to get them now). Other important sources of crit bonus are mount stirrups, and refined/experimented mastercrafted armor/jewelry, with crit bonus/primary stat increased (the latter increasing crit bonus indirectly via prestige ability). It's not unusual for people to swap down to mastercrafted when they have the resolve to spare for it. We play on the same server so feel free to send me tells on AB about any of this stuff if you see me on.
    SolarFaire and Feara like this.
  20. Xillean Well-Known Member

I don't believe or trust that any of the Dev team either care or can do anything about our feedback so I have given up and just log in to fuss with the broker and when my sub runs out next year that's likely it for me as I won't even be able to do that anymore.

I actually really liked VoV and it gave me some hope but this expac has nuked that from orbit and then some. Shame really, I love EQ2 and so does my wife and we want to play but this expac isn't it and I doubt its ever going to get better at this point.
    SolarFaire likes this.