I chose poorly

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Meneltel, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Legionair Member

But I wouldn't say you chose poorly because honestly for the SK if you chose the offense of stance option that was probably best choice GM and usually when a GM ability is best choice it usually means the master version on broker sells for much cheaper than the others, so getting the master spell and getting it turned into a GM should be cheaper and easier. But I guess the only time this would be a bad choice is if any one of your other spells that you already have is a GM then yeah. But for me since none of my spells are GM from levels 101 to 110 I feel like the offense Stance isn't a bad choice since that's the main Stance All SKs use that have an epic.

I had to edit that because talk text is terrible with a phone...
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

IIRC, you can't craft a master for class, which is why you won't find mats for it. You can craft your Epic 2.0 spells or Ascension. The system is a little convoluted and mats are ludicrously difficult to acquire when you're talking about Ascension spells.
  3. Lasai Well-Known Member

LOL, you forgot to add that the Masters required as a component are cheap and plentiful and drop off trash mobs in the open world...right? Right? No work at all...
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I do sell them on the broker, and I'm sure others do as well. There are only so many a person needs, even if you have lots of alts /shrug.
  5. Lasai Well-Known Member

At what cost? Best non-solution posted so far.

This "freebie", at best, is an impetus to purchase research time potions. Shrug..the store is there for them to make money from.

TBH, mine will get tossed the day I get tired of seeing them in my Bank, without regret. My spell makers are utilizing every rare I can acquire, and my research time is fully invested turning Experts to Masters. Don't have the time or inclination to waste on this novelty "gift". Others may find it useful, mileage varies.
    Pixistik likes this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Being just a 'filthy casual', I'd not seen an Ancient spell before so had no idea that I can only use it if the prior level had been researched or scribed. And being just a 'filthy casual', I'm not about to grind my *** off for next-to-non-existent materials to make the next level.

What was truly interesting for me was my reaction when I realised what I'd done. I wasn't angry (with either myself or DBG) or even mildly disappointed. Just a reaction of "ah well, who cares"....
    Meneltel, Juraiya, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

GM to ancient adds quite a bit

u should think of it, look at your best spell, if master great, u just need to research it to GM and then u can use ancient. if u have dbc .. maybe use it to speed it up, and u can then use the ancient in 1 month ?

and the spellshards/foundations are cheaper than last xpac

why not asking ? I mean .. if something is red .. usually it means u cannot equip it .. use it. It's just common sense.
    Nelie likes this.
  8. Lasai Well-Known Member

Exactly. It's not gonna affect my sub, enjoyment of the game or anything. Nothing more (to me) than the mail "gift" that was simply a redirect to store bundle that I clicked to get rid of.
    Meneltel and Rhodris like this.
  9. Nelie Well-Known Member

I was talking about the recipe book alone, not the components needed.

I am sorry that masters aren't plentiful and that masters arent just handed out. You are absolutely right though! Lets put a merchant in this game that you can buy masters from for 0 COPPER!!!!! OMGZ, right? right? Enjoy your entitlement Masters/Grandmasters/Ancients though.
  10. Lasai Well-Known Member

In no way did I suggest free masters. Not in any way. Try harder. Convo over, bless the ignore function. Do carry on.
  11. slica Active Member

Elitist
    Juraiya and Nelie like this.
  12. Nelie Well-Known Member

Take your own advice then, if you dont know what I am talking about, ask, dont insult...kkthx
  13. Nelie Well-Known Member

Far from it ;) I dont raid, just group
  14. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Read my first post in this thread.

Edit: I don't think it is common sense. For years, we've had the ability to jump to a higher level of spell ('leapfrog') - we could go from Apprentice to Master in a single bound. Now it's changed (because cash shop) - for someone like me, it takes a bit of getting used to, considering both systems are still in place in the game and working.

Ultimately, as I said above, I really don't care. I would have once, but no longer. I just don't want to see anyone else make the same mistake and be upset.
  15. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Rhodris!
    Pixistik, Lasai and Rhodris like this.
  16. Nelie Well-Known Member

For years though we haven't had Grandmaster or Ancient as regular ranks though either. These are "newer" ranks that can be achieved on all abilities now so it is a fair restriction.
  17. Nelie Well-Known Member

Glad you can try dishing it but cant take in when you were the first to take stuff out of content because you can't read. Thank you for ignoring me. GG
  18. Lasai Well-Known Member

Judging from posts and ingame chat it is a pretty common misunderstanding.
    Meneltel, CoLD MeTaL and Rhodris like this.
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

well things haven't changed. U can go up to GM in one go. Just ancient is different. And u cannot buy ancient spells. Research stops at GM for now so not really about making more money, with time and work u can already be full GM. Even have multiple ancients if u buy receipes.

(well I speak for class spells, ascensions are different but every lvl 110 should know by now)

just a reminder

white/green - good tier usable

grey - learned or low level

red - too high level or unuseable

and it's not the end of the world ... but it's nice to use the real gifts the game gives u.
    Nelie likes this.
  20. Lasai Well-Known Member

Haaa ha ha haaa ha. Well, I'm gonna assume you are attempting to be helpful and are unaware of the level of condescension in this and other statements. We need to coin "chatsplaining" as a new term.
    Meneltel, Rosyposy and Rhodris like this.