I chose poorly

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Meneltel, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Got my ancient spell choice when I logged on and knowing how hard it is to get "spell" upgrades for ascension, I decided to pick one of my SK spells. I have ONE grandmastered spell at 100+ so of course, I picked that one. And since that was one that was that I picked and was scribed for reaching high level SK, all others are expert or below as im still researching. So I chose the scroll and try to upgrade my spell and it doesn't acknowledge my GM spell because it was picked. And since the scroll is no-value and no-trade, it is now taking up valuable space in my bank for now.

Thank you, DBG for something so useful to me. It goes into my bank with my pet wands and other things that have to effect or use for me.
    Pixistik and Rhodris like this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

3. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me, and a lot of others... sadly..

I'm going to have to un-grandmaster (untrain) my current spell, work it up thru the ranks via researching, then finally use the new book.. Might have it by the end of the year..
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I thought about it, but decided against it. Ill just let the scroll collect dust along with my pet wands and other nicknacks.
    Pixistik likes this.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Do you mean that you can only use the Ancient spell if a spell is already Grandmastered? You can't use it on a spell that's Adept or Expert? And the Grandmastering has to be done through researching the spell, not choosing it via the class training tab?

That's a bit picky. I research my spells through Grandmaster, but it's hard to remember (unless you specifically LOOK at the tab) which ones were picked and not researched. So if you pick the wrong one, you're then stuck spending several months researching the spell that you had originally picked through the training tab?

That's getting a bit on the ridiculously nitpicky side. It also makes the offer a lot less relevant or useful to players.
  6. Nelie Well-Known Member

When you examine the class book for Ancient choice, is the spell that you have GM'd (by choice) still in red? I know, I know...people aren't this observant and shouldn't have to be but many people are hasty in choosing without thinking or looking at stuff. While I agree there should of been some sort of notice stating the requirement to scribe these, there is also the user's end that would of told you that anything in red text isn't usable.
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I've done exactly the same thing (inadvertently - I chose the one that I had grandmastered through my SK training without checking). And no, I can't scribe it either. That blows BIG chunks.

Yes, all the spell choices were red to me, and I didn't even think about which one I'd chosen for lvl 105 training. I thought that I had it at expert and that I needed to research to grandmaster before it was able to be used which was why it was red text.....

Edit: And just told a friend of mine in guild chat and he also has done exactly the same thing, so can't use his ancient upgrade either...
  8. flameweaver Well-Known Member

So does anyone know exactly how this scroll is used ?
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The same way as all ancients,

You get the spell to GM level (scribed, not character choice) and scribe the ancient.
    flameweaver likes this.
  10. Lasai Well-Known Member

Yes, you're a Grandmaster, but you did it wrong. Oh, this is hilarious.

The Common Core approach.
  11. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Just a side note.. If you still have any Goblin Tickets to /claim.. a few of the possible rewards are Research Time Reduction potions ranging from a day to a full week in reduction..
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Also remember that Grandmasters can be crafted, you just gotta get the Master for that spell/ability.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  13. Stach Well-Known Member

Ahh the days when you could just scribe which ever one you got...but then the market place and time reducers came along
  14. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Have a friend into crafting. Said she never found the mats to make a Masters, let alone a GM but she could make all the experts I needed. My spells are basically already experts with a few masters I got cheap on the broker.
  15. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Aren't those GM recipes locked behind all the heroic content? normal people won't get those anytime soon.
    Rhodris likes this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You have to harvest a lot to get the spellshards/foundations. It helps to have gear that boosts your harvesting skills, and any potions that increase your chance of a rare are good too. I get them all the time, but then, I harvest a lot.
  17. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Yeah, and she plays the game for fun. Not as a job. Oh well. C'est la vie.
  18. Nelie Well-Known Member

Nope, they can come from PoP crafting dailies and weeklies....pure solo content, 0 groups needed. No "job" required.
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

u get one fondation/spellshard from finishing the TS timeline.

so it's easy do get at least 1 GM (1 master spell + finish the TS timeline and you're set)

but well some masters can be expensive
  20. Probe One Member