Hunter's Catch Up Mechanic and Reset Timers need overhaul

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by oakmiser, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Zenji Well-Known Member

These dailies could use improving yes. But most of the targets are zones you fam in anyways. What a crime people need to group up in a MMO and work towards a nice piece of gear.

These items will be BiS for 4 months. It takes 15 quests to get an item. You have plenty of time to get it done.
  2. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Except the crossbow is a ranged item that any class can use. The stats are good, the ranged damage is good..you don't 'need' a crossbow on a priest, but I'm not going to say 'no' to it.
  3. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Yeah that's fair enough, but the "asap" bit was my point. Of course if there's time while it's still relevant I'd love to have a crossbow on every one of my alts, but there are some that (if the coins were heirloom) I'd prioritize for raids or whatever, ya know?
  4. vexen Member

Things in the expansion like overtuned vampires bosses with non debuffable damage reduction
    KaitlynnAM101 and Beneeto like this.
  5. Joami New Member

But then if they were heirloom that would make it WAY to easy to get a peice or two with one toon which would make people bored faster. A lot of the times an issue i see s people wanting things super fast and thats not what these games are about or at least shouldnt be.
  6. Freddie_Mercury Member

It was a Lazy Man's fix for exploiters... As usual, they take the super duper easy way out and punish everyone else.

What people were doing is spamming the quest giver so that if you did it fast enough, you could get the "old" quest again, do that quest a second time, and then go back and do the new one, for extra coins...

So what did they do? screwed everyone over by taking the easy way out of it instead of a simple fix to prevent it from happening..

Solution: Make the old quest end at 6pm, new quest available at 6:01... prevents people from double up on old quests...

But yeah, instead they made it so anyone who got a quest within an hour of the expiration, would basically not get a group and lose out on the coins... or on a slow night, could be up to 2 hours and you are hosed...
    Xadienx likes this.