Human Females. This was originally going to be a rant, but

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Yeloc, Jul 20, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

They are a combination of different Player Character parts scaled down, so I guess technically they are child models. It's not a new exclusive model though, they were created from existing player character/npc pieces.
  2. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

...EQ2 children are Frankenstein creations?
    /cringe.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Yeah the SOGA team over in Korea developed them along with all of Neriak. I think they did a good job, all things considered.
  4. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Wait forget what i said. I was wrong. I wasn't looking in the soga folders. Cusahorn's comment made me dig deeper.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Stick some ears on them give them different coloration and maybe new "clothing" add tails and Mini-frilliks on the Iksar versions and you might have a base to improve all of the children models.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Only works on Barbarian males in Non-SOGA mode. Unfortunately, you also snap right back out of the chair after 2 seconds or so. o.o
  7. ARCHIVED-Verrie77 Guest

Araxes@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Could it be these 2 emotes you are thinking about ?
    Wish we had both to use :(
  8. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Illiam@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yeah, but the number of different models was probably much smaller for your game, and they probably didn't have the same number of different armor polys that EQ2 has, and there's also the number of textures to take into consideration when it comes to performance.
    An MMORPG, where each character could be outfitted in millions of different ways, is quite different from a non-massive FPS where that isn't the case.

Powers &8^]
  9. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Yeah, Fallen Dynasty was entirely SOGA-developed; all of the adult and child models for the residents of the Isle of Mara were done by SOGA.

Powers &8^]
  10. ARCHIVED-TheGeneral Guest

I want the /rofl emote back... how can showing undies be so inappropriate when we have models like the succubus who wear no undies at all.... DONT ask me how I know.
  11. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Sydares wrote:
    OK good that's what I expected that to do. Well this wasn't supposed to go to test until we had time to get it right, so hopefully after FanFaire, code will take another pass at this.
  12. ARCHIVED-ElnAckom Guest

I don't necessarily agree with my esteemed colleague Ouka in this instance. I believe that the SOGA models have some significant improvements in certain instances. I must say, as a female Iksar, it's difficult to address the issues with all of you other horrid looking sssoftssskinsss, as my race and gender remains rather the art of perfection... >cricket... cricket... cricket...<
    But in all seriousness, perhaps a compromise between the Anime style (an apt descriptor, Ouk) and some of the rather cartoonish models. I'm not suggesting hyperrealism, but there have been some gorgeous zone art designs in the last couple of expansions, and some awesome mob work on enemies and NPCs. It might be worth giving one person on the team a crack at a few alternatives and let, for example, the community vote on them. Just work on one model, say female humans in this case. Develop us a pantheon of five really great models, tested for a variety of geometries and skins and such, and let us check 'em out. I can see one person on the team spending some time on that.
    A far better allocation of resources than this new UI, for example.
  13. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Sesketh@Everfrost wrote:
    Both Males and females Iksar could slightly better proportioned heads however. (They are small on the models and don't get me started on the female's "Perma-shrug") if I try to play the flute on my test Character the mouthpiece is above the head.
  14. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    The Iksar male head is actually a pretty good size.
  15. ARCHIVED-Taemien Guest

Speaking of disproportionate head sizes the Kerra Female takes the cake. Though Kerra are supposed to be inbred mongrels in Lore so the depiction could be quite spot on =P
  16. ARCHIVED-Yeloc Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Does this mean I can go into BG's with my Illusionist, cast the human child illusion and it's illegal for anyone to attack me? :D
  17. ARCHIVED-covic Guest

Powers wrote:
    Ya the base models start our with only 3 to 4 thousand polys, and 3 shaders but add armor from different sets and the poly count goes up really fast along with how ever many shaders each peice of armor has, and each peice requires a seperate render for each model. So a character with a helm, shoulder, legs, chest peice, forearms, boots, shield, weapon, cloak or backback, pet, and a mount becomes 10 to ll models in itself. Then multiply that by the number of player charaters in a zone and there are a lot of assets to render and load.
  18. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

So long as folks are looking at the SOGA models in Mara, I have to say that I would really love to have some of what they wear available as appearance armor. It really is beautiful stuff.
  19. ARCHIVED-Narino Guest

I personaly think this model's face, is 100 times better than the current humans we have. He could be found at the starter isles, on the ship that would take us to qeynos or freeport. IMO grab this head and stick it in the normal body we have now, yeah, sounds easy, eh?[IMG]
  20. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Narino wrote:
    I want his hair style.