Hotfix Notes - No Sig Line bypass?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Regolas, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

It's not in the notes, is it going live anytime soon?

Not that it really matters to me as I'm about to finish it on my L95 alts over the next few days.
  2. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Looks like its in the Test Update Notes for today. .... wonder if this means it'll hit tomorrow or Thursday... maybe we'll get lucky and its ninja'd into today's Live patch.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

There seem to be some further fixes going to Test today in relation to this. I bet they're a little gunshy.
  4. Thalador Active Member

I would rather them take a bit longer to test instead of blasting it in and it breaking something else. QA is a good thing.
    Patience My Young Padawan
  5. Salavar Active Member

They don't know the meaning of QA.
  6. Humakt Member

Stop being so lazy and do it with your alts. The cloak is decent. I have done it 4x so far
  7. Draylore Well-Known Member

Shame that players have gotten so lazy that devs actually have to waste time doing this instead of actually fixing bugs or putting in new stuff.

The quest was easy.......having 50 billion alts is your choice so pay the price.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

The quest is tedium, tedium I will not play. Patch in the ability for me to group my alts and I will play eq2. Not to patch means I play a different game instead.
  9. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I'm a huge quest fanatic, but I think for me it's the combination of "long" and "solo" that makes me reluctant to run this on my alts... and I don't even have many alts to run through it. I'd love it if they gave at the very least access across the account to the zones if you complete the signature questline once.
    Cyliena likes this.
  10. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

When you want to insure a low population of paying players be sure to use one of the following to reply to their requests:
    1. Suck it up.
    2. Go play WoW.
    3. It was intended.
    4. It is more fun my way,
    5. Someone exploited so you must be punished.
    6. We are too busy with other things.
    7. Whut?
    8. I will pass that along.
    9. You are being lazy.
    and the best of all, number ten
    Now let's see how many more ways we can make this into the best game ever with the smallest possible homongenic population:)
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

LOL @ Cloudrat, so true so true!
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

This has been reasoned on countless other threads but I'll spell it out for you one more time.

It's a tedious quest series that is not fun to do multiple times. People have no issues doing it, but it hampers the ability to make groups as people will not log on alts that could fill a roll in a group if they don't get a chance to loot the rare essences. This is a fact.

My own example is I have a ranger main, with a warden and beserker alt. If the group is swimming with dps classes available but no tank or healer, I won't log on my tank or healer because I get no option to loot the "good stuff".

And I'm the same as 9/10 of the population.
    Filly67 and Cyliena like this.
  13. Draylore Well-Known Member

Ok whatever......yeah the quest was not fun but its everquest2.......8 years in.......I can count the # of 'fun' quests on one hand. I guess I just did not think it was anymore tedious than any of the other countless time sinks the game has. Just not something I would have raised a fuss about.
  14. SteelPiston Active Member

Blah, blah, blah. .make the game easier or I'm not playing the game any more and taking the football home.

Same dung, different thread. I wish the devs would stop reading these boards and by the absence of red names lately, I finally think they have. Just play the game instead of playing the forums to try and change the game. Who cares how many alts people have? Not me, and I have a bunch. Same old bunch of bleeding hearts begging for easy mode wherever I look.
  15. Salty21db Active Member

I think Atan is attempting to work on his 200 posts trophy. GO ATAN!!!! Maybe you'll get more trophies on the forum then you do in game lol.
  16. Vinyard Active Member

This would be a blessing. Maybe then the people of this community wouldn't be so uptight. They would know what it's actually like to play a MMO, with other people...seeing other people. Having raid encounters that actual make sense, and are fluid, and just beautiful zones.
  17. Salty21db Active Member

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA...thank you, needed that.
  18. Archaical Active Member

LOL @ the people that actually have the nerve to try to turn this great change that shouldn't of had to happen into false claims of "easy mode". The fact you think that bypassing it is making it "easy mode" is just showing that you found the questline hard. The opposite is "easy mode" is "hard mode". You think it was hard. LOL.

Point is, it was never hard, it was just long and tedious. All we asked for was the same thing we got last expansion, and we got it. Just because you love to solo does not mean everybody does. Most people actually play MMO's to play with other people. Crazy concept isn't it?
  19. Mathrim Active Member

Reading the posts from people on here trying to justify the fact that HEROIC GROUP content is gated by tedious, mind numbingly boring, no challenge what-so-ever solo questline restricitons just absolutely astounds me.

Just the plain stupidity of this restriction and the fact that it made it off of the test server with this design is shocking. I would really like to know who had the bright idea of forcing a solo tier gameplay requirement as an access restriction for EVERY single toon.

What's next? Forced tradeskill questing in order to access a zone that only has group heroic content? Just the fact that the only QUESTS in this entire expansion are all solo without a SINGLE heroic or tradeskill quest whatsoever is offensive enough to stomach.

No matter what the naysayers and "Easy Mode" critics say, it doesn't matter. There are visibly less PuG's and instance groups running than there has ever been in the history of a expansion/GU launch. I see maybe 1 or 2 PuG's an hour whereas when DoV and Skyshrine hit, there were PuG's popping everywhere.

When you talk to people and ask them why they aren't grouping, the answers are always the same and it all leads back to the forced focus of solo gameplay in this expansion. Joining PuG groups and watching them roll on spirits/obols and you don't even get the option because this is your 6th alt you offered to play because the group needed a bard....sucks. Joining a PuG in progress and having to travel to Feerot, portal to Eidolon, fly across the zone to the Tourbillon, portal to Obol, and then wait for someone to zone out and come get you because CoV won't work and you don't have access...sucks. Sitting at the portals to zone in's with 3 people in group while LFG for more and watching a dozen people over 10 minutes run by and zone into the solo instances to farm raid fabled drops because it's easier than dealing with the PuG scene currently....sucks.

If the naysayers in this thread can't understand that people like me (and many other posters above), would rather just log off and play another game than deal with tedious busy work, then there really isn't even any point in having a discussion with them. The good thing is that at least the dev's acknowledge that this was a deisgn flaw and are taking steps to fix it.Hopefully it's not too little too late and the attrition hasn't gotten too bad. We'll see how the grouping scene picks up after the fix goes in.

It would have been really nice to have a group Signature line to give some incentive to work through the heroic zones. Something along the lines of the Drunder Duality series or Skyshrine mount line. Guess that was too much to hope for this time around.
  20. Gilasil Active Member

I can't figure this out.

People get a ton of extra alts, then don't want to play them. So they PL them up as fast as possible, including PLing the AAs. Then they don't want to do the quest. Then that isn't good enough and SoE ends up giving out tokens to instanly get to 280 AAs.

If you don't want to spend time playing the alt, why roll the alt?
    I would be very nervous depending on someone's alt for something crucial when they avoid even playing it. How well can they know that class?