Home fuel vendor or fuel depot please.

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Senya, Dec 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

I love crafting from my homes. I can put fuel in my house vault or keep it in my bags, but I can't share it with my 8 other tradeskill alts who also craft out of my homes. My characters all keep fuel now, but it's alot of inventory space to keep each tradeskiller stocked with each kind of fuel. I can't just have my weaponsmith carry various coals and my sage various incenses because I also have alot of artisan recipes that require other fuels. Can we please have a home fuel vendor npc or a fuel depot?
  2. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

I agree with this for sure. Especially now with the tradeskill apprentices. They ask for lots of different kinds of fuel types. I know! Allow us to right click the tradeskill apprentice and use him like a fuel merchant. Even if he bought only and didn't sell, that would be plenty.
  3. ARCHIVED-Koldriana Guest

+1
    You could add 'slots' to the tables to allow you to store some in there that can be accessed by all using it (like the depot) or just give us a box please :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

I hadn't seen that thread. Unfortunately I do occassionally miss a thread here and there. But, thank you for the bump on this thread. Obviously it's something other crafters want since there's two recent threads about it. Perhaps one of them will draw the attention of someone who can make it happen.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dakora Guest

Tinkered Fuel depot would be great. I was just searching for a post on this because it is a pain to have multiple apprentices in the house but only the owner can access the vault.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cuelaen Guest

This is a great idea:) I was thinking the other day how nice it would be to be able to do rush orders from my own "home". A lot of the player housing these days is huge, and i've always wanted to set up my own crafting area in one of them and be able to work on writs. With the new tradeskill apprentices, wouldnt it be nice if they could be made to sell fuel, and give out the rush order quests:) I realize this might never happen, i know they have said they wanted people to socialize more in the city areas, but i kind of like the idea of being in my own home, that i decorated, and could have it set up as a "workshop" that i sell my crafted items from.
  8. ARCHIVED-WanyenII Guest

Trustee access to the house vault might serve as an adequate alternative, and help alleviate some other house sharing issues...
  9. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

Meirril wrote:
    Yep, worst thread title ever lol. I don't care if there are 20 threads if someone finally decides to look into doing this. My thread did mention other things besides JUST a fuel vendor, thus why I did not make the thread title a simple "I want a fuel vendor for my home."
  10. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

How about having one fuel for all the tiers and start with 1 coal for t1 2 for t2 and so on then we dont need to carry 32 stacks of fuel just to decorate a house.
  11. ARCHIVED-dropdoff Guest

Tinkered fuel depot or expand the harvest box so it can take fuels. If you expand the harvest box add more space.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    It was that way at launch.
    After the crafting revision, years ago, cost to craft was added to each level range with ever increasing costs reflected in number of fuel + more expensive fuel per level range. Thus, with the current cost to craft for higher level recipes, you'd need a pack with stacks of that one fuel, the common coal as an example, to make a single T9 recipe.
    But I sympathise and agree with you to some degree.
  13. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

+1 ts apprentices CANT be placed in guild halls. those of us with many alts already have tons of /camping and zoning to do. my nonadventuring crafting alts are all in same house with a harvesting depot and crafting stations. i log them in to do the daily, not run around looking for fuel. if the daily rewarded atleast 6.24gold/day (4 fuel x 1.56 gold/fuel) i wouldnt mind, since i could just buy from my in house display case that i could stock on 1 single toon. as is, each toon either needs plat or stacks of mats OR ELSE THEY GOTTA GET FUEL EVERY DAY. zoning for over 10 crafters is just lame. especially for the first week when my prestige home wasnt linked to my crafting guild from the bug. i dont wanna keep resources on my crafting alts. we are being forced to work in a zone that doesnt have bank/fuel vendor amenities. i dont think it should be this hard to keep my plat available for buying from auction. keeping 1 stack of each of the 6 fuel types for 1 tier (t9) on each of my 15 90 crafters would tie up ~300 plat. IMO, this would be solved instantly if the ts app dailies reward x2 gold of whatever tier fuel was used up. you wouldnt have to worry about spreading your plat out over your alts you log in 1x/day, and even if someone bought all your fuel from broker so you had to relog your houses owner to restock, you would make a profit since you listed it @ double the price of the fuel.
  14. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

I would love to see this!
    Perhaps it can be one of the specialty Carpenter TS apprentice research recipes to make one. When we can make furniture :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Jazzymine Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

+1 to this.

Hey, there's already coal as a household item, candles for display, one or two insense holders, and other items that are related to types of fuel for crafting. So why not a house amenity that sells fuel?
  17. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

Server drain is the reason, think about it this way, at present if you want to craft in a zone not populated with lots of adventurers running around you have a choice of:
    - Crafting instance accessable from North Qeynos (1 zone)
    - Crafting instances within the six Qeynos burbs (+6 zones)
    - Crafting instance accessable from West Freeport (+1 zone)
    - Guild Halls
    In the revamp of Freeport multiple instances of the Freeport style tradeskill zone were removed and the same will happen for Qeynos. Sony's reasoning is simple, if you are the only person sat in a crafting instance (or your house) and spending long amounts of time crafting then the instance server is having to maintain an instance for just one person. This is the reason why tradeskill stations were added to the main city zones in the first place, as part of an early attempt to scrap the tradeskill instances.
    Because of this, I don't think you'll get too far trying to pursuade Sony to let you spend even more time in your house chewing up capacity on the instance server (houses and guild halls are provided 'on the fly' as and when needed, whereas the city zones and most overland zones are always 'up' on the main server).
    A better alternative might be to propose changing the assistant into a pet that can be called at any time, interacted with, and then dismissed. This way you can craft -anywhere- and be able to call on your assistant.
  18. ARCHIVED-Lossewen Guest

/signed

even just being able to put the fuel in the tinkered crafting deposit box would be fine!
  19. ARCHIVED-Dalmus Guest

Please please please add this feature. Now with the apprentice system in place (which can only be accessed from home) it is very inconvenient to have to remember which fuels to bring with you, which ones you have in your house vault, etc. etc. A house vendor or house depot box for fuels would be great and doesn't take away from anything whatsoever...except the hassle. I have 4 level 90 crafters and soon to be 9. Keeping track of fuels is a dissatisfier in playing EQ2 (especially when I love crafting so much).
    Please consider this thread and request.

Cheers,
    Dalmus
  20. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Well, then how about simplifying it down across the *types* of fuel? Then we only need to carry 9. The Frostfell fuel is a good example.
    We live in a game full of magic, so let's throw some bloody magic at the fuel. So all tier 1 fuel, regardless of your class or what station you're using, would be "Magic Tier One Fuel" (I'm at work and can't come up with a snazzy name right now). Then just rinse and repeat for the following tiers. This way we'd only have to carry around a few stacks of fuel compared to however many scrillion stacks we carry now.
    Just a thought.