HI WOW convert here just joined yesterday. Have a XP ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Tadeo, Feb 19, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Michaela06 Guest

Kursa wrote:
    Thats by far not the worse advise ever. You have to weigh some things out. Nothing wrong at all by disabling combat xp, as I said before, with it on I feel I level too fast. On the other hand, dont turn it off, you can always mentor for lower level questing because you will miss out on AA's form quests and nameds as you grey them out, and they do grey fast.

This is why I turned away from WoW, I dont agree with the "The game doesnt start untill level ???" mentality. the game starts at level 1 for me. Its all good advise and either way you choose, have fun!
  2. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

What is horrible is that someone apparently said you "had" to turn it off.
    No you don't. I have had my EXP off since level 10 (I'm 52 now) I have 60 AA's at my level. The reason I did it was because my previous main (now dead) was a Templar who never saw half of the game because of being dragged around everywhere. So this time, I told myself to play differently.
    Do whatever you want. Once you hit the level cap (now 80) all your EXP normally gained from questing and mobs will automatically go into AA anyway.
  3. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

As another example my Monk is lvl47 with 58 or so AA'a and I have never turned of XP.

My Swashie and Warlock both had 100aa within days of hitting 70.

As others have said it's up to you. If you do a good mix of quests especially HQ's, kill names and finish collection quests your AA will grow very nicely with no need to turn of XP.
  4. ARCHIVED-Pyra Shineflame Guest

I find that the decision to level lock may also depend on the class played. For my brigand or zerker, more AA's earlier didn't make that much of a difference. For my brigand, once I got the 8 or so points to get Walk the Plank nothing else really changed things.
    Not so for my Shadowknight and Inquisitor, in which I level locked since more AA's sooner meant my SK could survive where he probably shouldn't (Reaver line) and my inquis became overpowered for a few levels since she got abilities through AA's that she normally wouldn't have (Battle Cleric).
    You don't have to of course, but its another thing to consider.
  5. ARCHIVED-chobitz Guest

Here's how I handle combat xp:
    I keep it on till I am 60% to next level then I turn it off. I find it keeps me leveling up quick enough and I still get tons of AA.
  6. ARCHIVED-Giggittygiggity Guest

Remember guys the OP plays on a PvP server and people there will do as much as possible to get the edge on other players which includes maxing out your AAs each level. That is why others have said to disable combat xp.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kanesh_The_Mad Guest

Yep... I'm on Venekor, and at level 22 I have I think 12 aas, and I am way behind the curve. Many people max it out in the lower levels (AA = adventure level x 1.5) and I've seen leel 14's with almost twice as many as me. I refuse to lock my level though, I'll get the AAs eventually, and if I equip myself well then it shouldn't matter too much.
  8. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

EndDream wrote:
    The fastest way to level, especally in new area's like Darklight Woods and Tynibous Deep, as well as all of the places on Faydwar. Is to take every quest you come accross and do them with XP enabled. Doing this and you will have more then enough AAs by the time you hit the level cap, as many quests require you to do those things that get you AA, such as going new places, killing Named Mobs, and ofcourse turning in the quest. Not only that but sence you are killing things, as long as you loot the corpse you will also get the body dropped treasures that also get you AA. Lastly, once at the cap any remaining AA you need to get, wich if you quest alot should not be much can be gotten by just Grinding MoBs if you wish as normal XP turns to AAxp at the cap.