Heroic Characters

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dulcenia, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Awkk Well-Known Member

Thanks for answering!

Can an existing char on a FTP account be upgraded to Heroic?

Will going through the Betrayal from one alignment to another break a Heroic back to a basic char?

If a free Heroic is ever deleted, can a new free Heroic be made in that slot? Am guessing that the answer to that is no. But what if a Heroic char slot is purchased for 35 SC, and that char is deleted, will that slot always be a Heroic char slot?
  2. Caith Developer

Yes, an existing character on a free account can be made heroic.

Heroic characters are no different than normal characters when it comes to how they function in the game. If you betray a heroic character it will be no different than if you betrayed any other character.

If you delete an unlocked heroic character, you do not retain any of the unlocked heroic features that were on that character.
  3. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Hypothetically :) If I took a 95 toon and made them heroic, would I be able to do the questline being built for the heroic characters :)
  4. Caith Developer

The quest is not limited to Heroic characters only.
    Mystfit likes this.
  5. Holbeck Member

Any chance the two CoE 280 AA @ lvl 90 things will be reduced to lvl 85?
  6. Rarespoon Member

I'm assuming the heroic character gear and goodies will come in a crate for us to unpack? Just trying to make sure if I upgrade a level 20, he will have access to the 85 gear as well.

Thanks
  7. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Hi Caith, Thanks for offering to answer our questions. I apologize if this one is already buried in here. If we do not have an available character slot available do we need to purchase an additional one prior to choosing the free heroic character?
  8. Caith Developer

If you are upgrading a current character, that characters slot is the one you are using.
    If you are making a new heroic character, you will need to have an available character slot.
  9. Gnaff Active Member

any possibility that we will be able to change the starting characters class when converting it into a heroic char ?
  10. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Wow you're fast. That's what we thought but figured we would ask. Glad I bought a bunch on sale. Hubby is going to have buy some more. I mean how can we not add another toon when we only have about 20 something each? Have a great night and thanks for your help.
  11. Arieste Well-Known Member

At SOE Live it sounded like the heroic characters will get some unique appearance class-specific armors. Is this correct?

And if it is, will there be a way for existing characters to obtain the appearance versions of these? For example, if i have my 95/320 defiler, there is no point in me updating it to heroic, yet if there is cool new defiler armor in the game, i'd like to be able to obtain it by (for example) doing a quest or purchasing from my class trainer
  12. Caith Developer

The only way to obtain the unique armor for heroic characters is to become a heroic character.
    Wingrider01 likes this.
  13. Caith Developer

Sorry, missed your question earlier. Yes, if you upgrade a current character (of any level) you will be granted the heroic character items.
  14. Gnaff Active Member

another question, are limited to trying only one heroic char before you have to buy ? Or can you delete your previous Heroic character and try a different class ?
  15. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

asked and answered prior - 1 free per account is created prior to 9/22. I think you still have the option of try before you buy between 10/01 - 10/15
  16. Gnaff Active Member

My question was rather or not you was able to try before you buy more then one char before settling on buying one character. might be bad if people just starting out pay that kind of money only to find out they don't like the class/race or combination or whatever.
  17. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

called try before you buy, you get the character and can raise it to 86, at 86 it is locked until you pay full price for it or delete it
  18. Gnaff Active Member

Yes but i did not read anywhere where it stated you could do that as many times as you like, or if you was limited to trying before you buy one character.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Try before you buy is for everybody all the time.. so long as you have a free character slot for it.
  20. Gnaff Active Member

Cool, thank you.