Heals and wards broken

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Epiclight, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Epiclight New Member

Putting feelers our to see if anyone else (I'm playing a defiler) is having problems with heals and wards in raid zones. The problem I'm having is something is causing my heals and wards to drop to less than a third of their base value. eg, Ancient Shroud X is sitting at 2,682,026 when its not broken. During fights in raid it will randomly drop down to 879,269 and then stay that way until I relog. Now, I know its not AA related as I've done raids with 0 aa's spent. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!
  2. Epiclight New Member

Figure I'd throw this out there also, it's now a prereq problem either as my beneficial spells will break even in older raid zones. I haven't ran any instances of late to know if its affected in those; however, they have never broken in a solo setting. Also, this isn't just one heal or ward at a time, when they break, its every beneficial spell I have (heals and wards wise, even bane warding and soul shackle) that reduce to 1/3ish their value. This DOESNT affect damaging spells. That and none of our other raid healers to include our other defiler have these problems. Also, I've changed groups with the other defiler to see if maybe it was a class in our group causing it again though, only me, his were unaffected.
  3. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

4. Epiclight New Member

Copy that, also you know what id really like to see? A dev respond to a single one of these forums, at a minimum just letting us know they are working on it. I can't find anything officially posted by them in any section regarding the issue, at least not since December.
  5. Conmonnn Member

i still have not personally had this problem or any of the shamans in our raid force (2 defilers and a mystic). only thing i can think of is that there are some scripts on a few of the current raid mobs that will reduce fervor (first T2 mob in Innovation) but since this problem persists in old content that is obviously not the issue. you would think if it was a bug with wards that ALL shamans would experience it but have not even seen the hint of any issue in our raid force, this could also be why devs have not responded to anything as they have no clue what is causing this issue or its their normal "working fine when we looked into it"
  6. Epiclight New Member

This, from what I'm noticing, is directly linked to Wraths Blessing from the fury. I don't seem to have the issue when this isn't cast on me.
  7. RescueMe Member

Heal amounts are not written in as many bits as damage numbers....you can see this in the solo zones when you have crazy amounts of fervor, and your Wards hit you for ~ over 2 billion, your Ward actually shows up as a negative amount in the logs, since the actual number overflows the heal buffer.

This is what's going on.

Fury casts Wrath's Blessing on you, which lets you Ward for more, depending on how much damage the Fury does. All NORMAL spells Fury's cast won't affect it at all, but when the Fury casts an Ascension...for many Billions, it tries to make your wards heal for more with this number....but due to the aforementioned heal-overstack-buffer issue I pointed out, the heal number can't take a number in the billions, and instead gets a NEGATIVE number applied to it, lowering the maximum your wards can do. Every time an Ascension from the Fury is cast, you get your maximum ward value lowered even more.

It's infinitely testable. Reproducible by anyone that wants to try. Group with a Fury, cast Wraths' Blessing on you, and have them go to town on a Training Dummy. Check your max Ward...Pre, and Post ...when the Fury casts an Ascension.

There ya go DBG. I lay out the bug, and the reason it's happening. Please fix it.
    (I.E. Since you can't change the number of bits that heal numbers work with easily, just TAKE OFF THE HEAL INCREASING AMOUNT COMPONENT TO WRATH'S BLESSING, and that instantly fixes it. You could patch it in next patch if you want to)
  8. Pickleweasle Member

If players have “ Pact of the Fire Tyrant “ on then wards will not work. LOTS of players use it. Tell the group/raid one time..... to drop it if they want your heals. After that it is all on them. They alone are responsible for playing their own toon.